+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp application from outside Canada!

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
I wrote a letter completely explaining the case. I was not sure how I could attach the letter sent to me and I’m still not sure how to now. Also, I made my application on the 23rd of August but in the employment section you’re not required to put in any dates so it just says August 2019 for the work. I am seriously considering as I said above filling a web form and indicating that I was employed July 26 and started July 30. That way I started working while my work permit was still active and I made an error in my original application by indicating August. There’s also the chance that like you said they just overlook it and filling a web form only draw them to my mistake. Idk what to do.
I can go two ways here. I could fill the web form and say everything you said and it’ll be under the assumption that I started working after I applied for pgwp. I’ll make the case like you said that I only worked under the assumption that as I was told by the agents I could work. Or I could backtrack and say I started working on the 30th of July and filling August was an innocent mistake I am trying to correct through the web form. This way, I was working part time bfr my work permit expired for the same employer but this option would mean that I kept working after expiry but bfr pgwp application on the 23rd of August and during this period I had no status.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
I wrote a letter completely explaining the case. I was not sure how I could attach the letter sent to me and I’m still not sure how to now. Also, I made my application on the 23rd of August but in the employment section you’re not required to put in any dates so it just says August 2019 for the work. I am seriously considering as I said above filling a web form and indicating that I was employed July 26 and started July 30. That way I started working while my work permit was still active and I made an error in my original application by indicating August. There’s also the chance that like you said they just overlook it and filling a web form only draw them to my mistake. Idk what to do.
If you worked before your pgwp application , it can't be justified except by seeking liniency . My comments were only based if you started working after pgwp application. Moment you pass till your application you cannot work , even part time is not allowed . My suggestion may not be useful in that case .

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
If you worked before your pgwp application , it can't be justified except by seeking liniency . My comments were only based if you started working after pgwp application. Moment you pass till your application you cannot work , even part time is not allowed . My suggestion may not be useful in that case .
I just saw on their website, the actual law website that if the only reason your work is unauthorized is that you stayed beyond the validity of your permit then you can still get your work permit. It happened to another person on this forum and he said he got his after explaining the situation on the webform and I went researching why. I don’t think it’s just leniency. https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html?wbdisable=true#right-panel look for yourself paragraph 200 section 3e and let me know what you think please

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Perhaps you are correct. You may have a fair chance . Web form is your call. However if you decide to go for it, always ask for leniency or apologise for unauthorized work at the end

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
Perhaps you are correct. You may have a fair chance . Web form is your call. However if you decide to go for it, always ask for leniency or apologise for unauthorized work at the end
I will. I’m not sure about the web form but I’m thinking it can’t hurt either way. That’s where I’m stuck now. I feel even tho the work month says August, the fact that it’s only unauthorized work because I’m no longer meant to be in the country and I have stayed beyond my specified stay as stated in R185a means that I don’t have to fill it out but I still want to because at least saying that I actually started in July 30 puts the start date bfr the expiry of my work permit. I wonder if a web form has ever hurt someone’s chances on this forum before?

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Your work permit is of no relevance moment your studies finish . You could not work on coop work permit other than work authorized by your institute. Any work outside the coop is deemed to be on your study permit remark which authorises you to work .
Do consider these and take a considered call.

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
Well they both expired the same day too. Based on that information from the website, would you say it’s important to have started this work before the expiry of the study permit then? Or does it not matter as long as the only violation is that of the duration of authorized stay?

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Technically you can get away for your work if you explain properly. You worked after applying for PGWP , which is allowable . You have email documentation from IRCC giving you wrong advice and based on this advice you applied without study permit .
Use this to clearly state that you did the work under mistaken presumption that all the conditions for PGWP has been met and therefore started working and seek their leniency .

I don't whether you have filed detailed explanation . But do so , if possible.
If you started working after application of PGWP ...The above comment would be valid . The above comment won't be valid if you started work before PGWP. Your August work may fit into above comment provided start date is not asked . But if you started work before application then your explanation may need to change to include, perhaps indirectly , the possible case of you having started work before pgwp . But these are very tricky situations . please take your own call.

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
If you started working after application of PGWP ...The above comment would be valid . The above comment won't be valid if you started work before PGWP. Your August work may fit into above comment provided start date is not asked . But if you started work before application then your explanation may need to change to include, perhaps indirectly , the possible case of you having started work before pgwp . But these are very tricky situations . please take your own call.
Well Im thinking I’ll leave it as is for now. Since start date was not commented on and I now know that Since the only reason for my unauthorized work is based on my permit having expired and that on its own doesn’t deny work permit applications, I think my chances are still decent. A web form might just complicate things further. But if anyone else feels different Please let me know! I still have the option of submitting the web form to change my start date to July 30th. I couldn’t be more conflicted as to what to do here

Tipus

Feb 14, 2020
So I applied for a pgwp after my study permit had expired but I did not restore my status. I was informed by the agents that my application for pgwp was also restoring my status as I didn’t need a valid study permit anymore. Anyway, under the impression that I had implied status, I worked after I applied for my pgwp. I got rejected based on my study permit not being valid. I have since gone back to my home country and re applied for my pgwp and I was still within my 180 days and I have paid international student fees for 5 years now of university without any breaks. Here’s my questions:
1. Is there any reason for me to be rejected. I uploaded and submitted every single doc required.
2. Would the fact that I worked previously for 2 months technically unauthorized be a reason for me to be rejected? Seeing as I have already been rejected and I stopped working even before I got my decision and my new application is being made from outside the country.
Thanks guys.
guys I need help urgently, I’ve made a huge mistake, my study permit got expired a year ago and I’ve still been in school living in Canada. I don’t know what to do I don’t want everything go to waste please need help.

Emmanel

Jan 8, 2020
guys I need help urgently, I’ve made a huge mistake, my study permit got expired a year ago and I’ve still been in school living in Canada. I don’t know what to do I don’t want everything go to waste please need help.
Contact a lawyer imo

Reactions: canuck78

STAYDOGGED

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
I have read through your situation. I am in the same situation as you. Did you get your work permit ??

When did you apply from outside the country and from which country did you apply? Thanks

Well Im thinking I’ll leave it as is for now. Since start date was not commented on and I now know that Since the only reason for my unauthorized work is based on my permit having expired and that on its own doesn’t deny work permit applications, I think my chances are still decent. A web form might just complicate things further. But if anyone else feels different Please let me know! I still have the option of submitting the web form to change my start date to July 30th. I couldn’t be more conflicted as to what to do here

Pavibals

Aug 12, 2021
Hello Emmanuel, did you get your PGWP ? And did you do any restoration while submitting application outside canafa ?

Pavibals

Aug 12, 2021
I am exactly in the same situation as yours, applied for my PGWP within 180 days from India and didn’t restore my status. Applied on 120 th day and my physical study permit date was valid at that timr, but according to regulation it gets invalid within 90 days after graduation it seems. Now I would like to know if we apply from India do we need to restore still ?