+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp application from outside Canada!

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Hi, I am in similar situation..I am outside Canada...My study permit expired on 30th Nov 2021...I applied for an extension before it expired..My studies finished, as per enrollment letter, on 15th December....So, my study permit was refused on 21st December saying that "Your enrollment letter says your studies finished on 15th December"/..... But since I applied before my study permit expired, that means my 15 days of study, from 1 december to 15 december was valid and that time was all I needed to graduate...

Since am outside canada, I am thinking to apply PGWP when I will get my results n graduation letter...probably by 10th January....

1. Will i have any issues with my PGWP given that my 2nd study permit was refused? Eventhough, I had valid 16months study permit before...

2. Do we need to apply for any restoration while we are outside of Canada ?

Please reply.

yafaa1993

Star Member
Jul 2, 2021
Hi, I am in similar situation..I am outside Canada...My study permit expired on 30th Nov 2021...I applied for an extension before it expired..My studies finished, as per enrollment letter, on 15th December....So, my study permit was refused on 21st December saying that "Your enrollment letter says your studies finished on 15th December"/..... But since I applied before my study permit expired, that means my 15 days of study, from 1 december to 15 december was valid and that time was all I needed to graduate...

Since am outside canada, I am thinking to apply PGWP when I will get my results n graduation letter...probably by 10th January....

1. Will i have any issues with my PGWP given that my 2nd study permit was refused? Eventhough, I had valid 16months study permit before...

2. Do we need to apply for any restoration while we are outside of Canada ?

Please reply.
Keep all those documents, you can apply for PGWP from outside, and I don't know if you will have an issue or not. At this point, it's better to seek professional help. If you applied from outside Canada keep in mind that the processing time is so long, and it might take months to hear back from IRCC since those applications are not considered a priority. I have applied from outside Canada and I have been waiting since mid-august. My advice to you is to prepare all the documents while you wait for your graduation letter and transcript. Most importantly your PCC (Police Criminal Certificate) from RCMP, and every other country you lived in when you were older than 18. I hope this helps! and good luck

norton85

Jun 9, 2020
Keep all those documents, you can apply for PGWP from outside, and I don't know if you will have an issue or not. At this point, it's better to seek professional help. If you applied from outside Canada keep in mind that the processing time is so long, and it might take months to hear back from IRCC since those applications are not considered a priority. I have applied from outside Canada and I have been waiting since mid-august. My advice to you is to prepare all the documents while you wait for your graduation letter and transcript. Most importantly your PCC (Police Criminal Certificate) from RCMP, and every other country you lived in when you were older than 18. I hope this helps! and good luck
Thanks for your response. As per my research, we do not need any police certificate for PGWP application from Outside Canada. The requirements are the same wether from inside or outside....only processing time varies.

Maybe, if PR is involved or Express Entry etc, then of course they ask for it.

Regards