+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and SWOP

lourve

Star Member
May 11, 2016
frustratedcanadian said:
My husband applied tonight for his SOWP at the Peace Arch Border and was issued 3 years Open Work Permit.. same validity as my PGWP! :D :D :D SOO HAPPY!!!

Congratulations! From which province are you? I have a question regarding flagpoling, do you need to have a valid US visa before you can flagpole?

Thanks

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
lourve said:
Congratulations! From which province are you? I have a question regarding flagpoling, do you need to have a valid US visa before you can flagpole?

Thanks
BC. I dont think you need to have a valid US visa but must have valid Canadian permits/visa

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
frustratedcanadian said:
BC. I dont think you need to have a valid US visa but must have valid Canadian permits/visa
By definition, one is required to exit Canada and reenter to complete PR landing (unless you are doing it at a CIC office in side Canada).

Flag pole is a term used when you do not enter US and instead just get an "administrative refusal" for entering US and come back to Canada.

Going to US checkpost is still enough proof of exiting Canada.

Hence a visa is not required for flag pole. Even if you have a visa and tell your intention is flagpolling, US TSA would still hand you over a refusal and you would come back to Canada the same way.

carlucho34

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Thanks a lot! I applied online...let's see

kumar30 said:
If you have USA visa, then i would recommend you to apply at the flag point... Be nice to the officers and they will be nice to you...
if you dont have USA visa, then apply online.. it takes aprox 24-30 days to get your PGWP and OWP.. apply together...

Good Luck.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Me and my wife applied together for my PGWP and her OWP. I had a full time job offer so we decided to apply together. At the time of application I didn't have any pay stub so I sent them later as case specific enquiry. Unfortunately CIC emailed me that there is no document saying I am her representative. But during our application we provided an FAMILY REPRESENTATIVE form. So, this time my wife send that family representative form. To our surprise yesterday CIC emailed that they cant add those documents as she is not her own representative. We are really confused whats going on. Why cant we add document to our file?
In both of the email CIC mentioned "If you have already provided the form kindly resend them". What are we missing here?