Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Hi all, i've finished my studies here in Canada on dec 15 and waiting for my PGWP. I'm going soon to india, my home country, to marry a girl. My question is once i get PGWP, can i apply for spouse visa for her and she can come here on spouse visa and when i get a job and after getting 3 months of pay stub, can i apply for OWP for her? Or OWP is associated with spouse visa and both need to be applied together once i have 3 months of experience? Or getting a visitor visa for her is viable after marriage and is there any risk associated with this visiting visa application? Experienced members plz shed some light. Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to be working in a NOC A, B or 0 job and be able to provide at least three pay slips before your spouse can apply for a spousal open work permit.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
You need to be working in a NOC A, B or 0 job and be able to provide at least three pay slips before your spouse can apply for a spousal open work permit.
Hi Scylla, thanks for your reply. Im aware about that fact. Btw, what i want to know is if Spouse visa and open work permit are attached each other. My fiancee is located in India atm and im yet to marry her. So only after i get into a job under NOC A, B or 0 and gain 3 months experience, i can bring her here to Canada after getting her open work permit you saying? Or is there a way i can bring her here before i gain 3 months experience and once i gain then apply for OWP for her?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She can apply for a TRV (tourist visa) if you don't meet the job requirements. You don't need to work for three months - you need to provide three pay slips. This is typically six weeks.

Reactions: Dhan09

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
She can apply for a TRV (tourist visa) if you don't meet the job requirements. You don't need to work for three months - you need to provide three pay slips. This is typically six weeks.
Thanks a lot bro. btw if she would apply for tourist visa, is there any chance for rejection considering that im already here. Or she has to apply for tourist visa before we get married?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot bro. btw if she would apply for tourist visa, is there any chance for rejection considering that im already here. Or she has to apply for tourist visa before we get married?
Yes - there's certainly a chance for rejection. It happens quite often. To be approved, she will want to show she has strong ties to her home country (job, property, assets) and has no plans on remaining to Canada long term.

Reactions: Dhan09

lumos5133

Dec 30, 2018
Hi all, i've finished my studies here in Canada on dec 15 and waiting for my PGWP. I'm going soon to india, my home country, to marry a girl. My question is once i get PGWP, can i apply for spouse visa for her and she can come here on spouse visa and when i get a job and after getting 3 months of pay stub, can i apply for OWP for her? Or OWP is associated with spouse visa and both need to be applied together once i have 3 months of experience? Or getting a visitor visa for her is viable after marriage and is there any risk associated with this visiting visa application? Experienced members plz shed some light. Thanks
Hi there, I'm in a similar situation as yours and would like some advice please. I'm done with my Masters and will apply for my PGWP and get married afterwards. I understand that after receiving my PGWP, my spouse has to apply for OWP to come to Canada and for that I need to show at least 3 payslips in the NOC category 0, A, B.
However, I have a few questions:
1. Is there any other kind of application or permit he would be eligible for other than OWP, since I don't have a job yet?
2. If he comes to Canada on tourist visa then can he apply online for OWP? Does that take less time than paper applications through VFS?
3. Is there any way I can apply for him online from Canada, or make any other applications on my end when he applies for his OWP?

PS: I would really like to know how you processed your spouse's application because my situation is very similar to yours. :)

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Hi there, I'm in a similar situation as yours and would like some advice please. I'm done with my Masters and will apply for my PGWP and get married afterwards. I understand that after receiving my PGWP, my spouse has to apply for OWP to come to Canada and for that I need to show at least 3 payslips in the NOC category 0, A, B.
1. Is there any other kind of application or permit he would be eligible for other than OWP, since I don't have a job yet?
2. If he comes to Canada on tourist visa then can he apply online for OWP? Does that take less time than paper applications through VFS?
3. Is there any way I can apply for him online from Canada, or make any other applications on my end when he applies for his OWP?

PS: I would really like to know how you processed your spouse's application because my situation is very similar to yours. :)
1) He can apply for TRV but rejection chances are high
2) Yep that's easy way but getting a TRV isn't easy compared to SOWP
3) Never apply from Canada. Tell him to apply from India (paper application with upfront medical)

I applied on Sep 13 for my wife. I got job in April and have been working. Got married in August and submitted the app then from Canada online. Its delayed and waiting for the result now.

lumos5133

Dec 30, 2018
1) He can apply for TRV but rejection chances are high
2) Yep that's easy way but getting a TRV isn't easy compared to SOWP
3) Never apply from Canada. Tell him to apply from India (paper application with upfront medical)

I applied on Sep 13 for my wife. I got job in April and have been working. Got married in August and submitted the app then from Canada online. Its delayed and waiting for the result now.
Thanks, I was wondering which application did you do for her? You said you applied online from Canada online?
Also, does 3 payslips means 3 months bank statement showing the Salary income?

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Thanks, I was wondering which application did you do for her? You said you applied online from Canada online?
Also, does 3 payslips means 3 months bank statement showing the Salary income?
1) I did online SOWP application for her.
2) Nope. You will get pay stub from the firm you will be working for which has info on your gross salary, deductions and aggregate income from the date you join for the job.

lumos5133

Dec 30, 2018
1. I have only found information online on IRCC about OWP application and that can only be made by the spouse of a student or PGWP holder. Could you please send me a link or the form number for SOWP if its not too much trouble since I can't find details on that on IRCC.
2. Thanks!

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020

Hi,

In my opinion:
1. if you guys don't get married yet, he can only apply for a visitor visa.
2. yes, he can. My wife came to Canada under visitor visa then we applied for OWP online in Canada. It took around 5 weeks.
3. I applied online for my wife by my self. just created CIC account and filed all the required information.

lumos5133

Dec 30, 2018
Hi,

In my opinion:
1. if you guys don't get married yet, he can only apply for a visitor visa.
2. yes, he can. My wife came to Canada under visitor visa then we applied for OWP online in Canada. It took around 5 weeks.
3. I applied online for my wife by my self. just created CIC account and filed all the required information.
Thanks, I have only found information online on IRCC about OWP application and that is supposed to be made by the spouse of the PGWP holder. So your wife came to Canada and you both did the online application for her OWP/SOWP through your CIC account?

Could you please send me a link or the form number for SOWP if its not too much trouble since I can't find details on that on IRCC?

vubq123

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
09-05-2020
Thanks, I have only found information online on IRCC about OWP application and that is supposed to be made by the spouse of the PGWP holder. So your wife came to Canada and you both did the online application for her OWP/SOWP through your CIC account?

Could you please send me a link or the form number for SOWP if its not too much trouble since I can't find details on that on IRCC?
please take a look at the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17
I applied visitor visa for my wife first, and then when she came to Canada, I applied the SOWP for her. both by her CIC account but I filled and uploaded all required docs by myself.

lumos5133

Dec 30, 2018
please take a look at the link below.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17
I applied visitor visa for my wife first, and then when she came to Canada, I applied the SOWP for her. both by her CIC account but I filled and uploaded all required docs by myself.
Thanks, can I ask where you're from please, because my spouse has a lot of notarized documents that can't be applied online so I have been advised to make paper application from VFS.