+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and SOWP

International_Student

Star Member
Sep 30, 2020
Hi there,

I have a question on applying for PGWP. I have a co-op work permit till my semester ends in April and my spouse has a SOWP. I understand that I cannot work till I get the completion letter from my University. I'm planning to apply for PGWP and SOWP together. However, the validity of our current trv is only till 31st July and the PGWP applications take up around 120 days. What happens if we don't get the approval by the trv end date?
I have a job full time permanent job offer with NOC 0123 after my co-op ends so can I start working after I apply for PGWP?
Thank you so much!!!

Reactions: Bear60

Bear60

Jul 31, 2020
Hi there,

I have a question on applying for PGWP. I have a co-op work permit till my semester ends in April and my spouse has a SOWP. I understand that I cannot work till I get the completion letter from my University. I'm planning to apply for PGWP and SOWP together. However, the validity of our current trv is only till 31st July and the PGWP applications take up around 120 days. What happens if we don't get the approval by the trv end date?
I have a job full time permanent job offer with NOC 0123 after my co-op ends so can I start working after I apply for PGWP?
Thank you so much!!!
Anyone with an answer with experience? I'm in the same boat! Thanks in advance