+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Express Entry profile

Mariyautkina

Nov 22, 2019
Hi everyone!
Does anyone have experience applying for a PGWP with an active Express Entry profile? Would it be an issue given that PGWP is a non-immigrant temporary visa and Express Entry is basically an expression of immigration intent? Should an EE profile be withdrawn in such case?
Thank you!

Gotham07

Apr 29, 2021
HI everyone!

I got eligible today to apply PR under CEC program and I know the draws are not out but I am creating my profile .I have following questions if anyone can answer that would be great.

1. My PGWP expires in April 2022, I have not applied for PR yet but I just want to know that would I be able to apply for Extension of my work permit before its expiry and can I submit my PR application while waiting for the decision of my extension on work permit.

2. My WES evaluation has not been completed yet, it was required for the profile, do I need the ECA for profile completion as I completed rest of my profile

3. If I am able to apply for my PR in December I can apply for BOWP, if not able to apply in December then can I apply for BOWP after December or it should be 4 months before my PGWP expires and I apply for PR.

I would be glad if someone can provide me with some answers here.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI everyone!

I got eligible today to apply PR under CEC program and I know the draws are not out but I am creating my profile .I have following questions if anyone can answer that would be great.

1. My PGWP expires in April 2022, I have not applied for PR yet but I just want to know that would I be able to apply for Extension of my work permit before its expiry and can I submit my PR application while waiting for the decision of my extension on work permit.

2. My WES evaluation has not been completed yet, it was required for the profile, do I need the ECA for profile completion as I completed rest of my profile

3. If I am able to apply for my PR in December I can apply for BOWP, if not able to apply in December then can I apply for BOWP after December or it should be 4 months before my PGWP expires and I apply for PR.

Thank you
1. You need ITA and then have applied for PR to get extension.
2. If counting points then yes you need WES evaluation.
3. If you have ITA and applied for PR, then yes you can apply for BOWP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI everyone!

Thank you
1. You would need to get an approved LMIA from your employer and then apply for a closed work permit if you want to continue working.
2. WES is mandatory to submit your profile.
3. You need to wait until your PGWP is expiring in 4 months or less before you can submit the BOWP application.

Gotham07

Apr 29, 2021
1. You would need to get an approved LMIA from your employer and then apply for a closed work permit if you want to continue working.
2. WES is mandatory to submit your profile.
3. You need to wait until your PGWP is expiring in 4 months or less before you can submit the BOWP application.
1. I am on an open work permit and my job is under NOC B but I cannot get LMIA from employer.
2. Can I apply for extension of open work permit as I am on an open work permit.
3. Can BOWP be only applied 4 months before PGWP expires or as soon as I can apply for PR.
4. Whats the best option for me, to apply for open work permit extension 30days before my PGWP expires and PR at same time or to apply pr before my PGWP expires and apply for BOWP.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. I am on an open work permit and my job is under NOC B but I cannot get LMIA from employer.
2. Can I apply for extension of open work permit as I am on an open work permit.
3. Can BOWP be only applied 4 months before PGWP expires or as soon as I can apply for PR.
4. Whats the best option for me, to apply for open work permit extension 30days before my PGWP expires and PR at same time or to apply pr before my PGWP expires and apply for BOWP.
You are not eligible to extend your PGWP until you have an ITA and have applied for PR. Having submitted a profile doesn't make you eligible for a BOWP. You need for a draw to happen and get ITA. So you can apply for BOWP once you have applied for PR, and are within 4 months of expiry.