+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Entry to Canada after finishing studies

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
You mean I should apply for PGWP from Port of Entry?
I am scared what to answer the Immigration Officer at Border as my studies are over. Won't they restrict my Entry?
Also I just wanted to clear this confusion in my mind Can I travel to Canada just if Apply for PGWP outside Canada and work there till I get a decision?
No it will not restrict your entry. it all happened due to Pandemic and was not in your hand anyway. DM me for more details

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Guys,

I want to share my experience. I was international student in Canada. I had my study permit till March 31 2016 and I graduated in Dec 20, 2015. I went my back home on Dec 26, 2015 and I came back to Canada on Feb 26, 2016 and Once I came back I applied for my PGWP.

Additional Info, When I was in my back home I have renewed my passport so my TRV was in old Passport. I traveled with old and new passport when I can back to Canada.

I believe as long as you have valid study permit and valid TRV, you can leave Canada and come back before your TRV and study permit expired.

Have any question, feel free to ask!

Thanks,
Krunal
Hello, did the border officer ask you any questions I am thinking to do the same? What did you mention to the border officer during re-entry?