Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thank you
It is January 16 on the transcript

Also will the visa officer question my entry ? When my studies have officially got over already ?

It will be very hard to explain that I would go back if work permit or PR either fail as my husband is himself in Canada
If they do, just say that you are a international graduate coming back from vacation. Nothing wrong about that.

AbishekMurali

May 7, 2018
Hello,

From the earlier messages in the thread, it is clear that i can leave and enter Canada if i had a valid study permit and a visa.

I finished college on April 27 and have my study permit until July 30. However my visa has expired and i had assumed that a study permit was sufficient for reentry. So, I am currently in India. Would it be possible for me to apply for a new TRV and enter Canada using that.

Thank You

Last edited:

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello,

From the earlier messages in the thread, it is clear that i can leave and enter Canada if i had a valid study permit and a visa.

I finished college on April 27 and have my study permit until July 30. However my visa has expired and i had assumed that a study permit was sufficient for reentry. So, I am currently in India. Would it be possible for me to apply for a new TRV and enter Canada using that.

Thank You
No, you must have valid TRV, study permit gives you status in Canada. It is not a travel document.

jayreddy

Sep 20, 2018
Hi Folks,

I am "officially" graduating from UoT on June 20th, 2017. I finish all my classes on May 2nd, 2017.
Between May 2nd and June 20th, I want to travel outside Canada. I intend to come back on June 18th and apply for PGWP at the airport and then Work visa from within Canada.

One immigration advisor told me to not leave the country between May 2nd and June 20th until I have got both my PGWP and work visa (which takes 40 days if applying online and I cannot leave the country). He advises this even though I am within the requirements of PGPW: applying within the 90 day period, and before my student visa expires (which is July 30th, 2017). He told me that I may be questioned at the airport that why I want to enter the country after May 2nd when my course has already ended.

Could you please advise if I should NOT leave the country? Or I can reenter because my student visa is still valid and I am within the 90 day period.

Many thanks.
Hi Please can you update what happened at airport when you return back.
Did you apply PGWP at airport?

ank22

Star Member
May 24, 2019
hey guys, i was an international student and graduated in december 2018, got my post graduate work permit and is valid till 2022. After getting my pgwp i went back to my country and im here since more than 6 months but i plan on coming back to Canada in October 2020 but My student visa is valid till august 2020. so my question is, what visa do i need to apply now if i will come in october? can i apply from my country or do i need to come back to Canada before my student visa expires and then apply for new visa? please help me.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
hey guys, i was an international student and graduated in december 2018, got my post graduate work permit and is valid till 2022. After getting my pgwp i went back to my country and im here since more than 6 months but i plan on coming back to Canada in October 2020 but My student visa is valid till august 2020. so my question is, what visa do i need to apply now if i will come in october? can i apply from my country or do i need to come back to Canada before my student visa expires and then apply for new visa? please help me.
You need to apply for a TRV, all TRVs are the same you can do it from your country.

JmanSalamay

Sep 3, 2020
Hi guys hope someone can help me with my case. I will lay everything out to be understandable as possible.

Date of Arrival - 2019/05/03
Expiry date of study permit - 2021/07/31
Final date of school on transcript: 09/01/2020

I am unsure if I should apply for a PGWP before leaving the country, or apply for it when I come back as I plan on visiting my home country for a while. 6 months to be exact. My concerns are the following: If I come back on March 2021 on a valid study permit (expires 07/31), will I have problems re entering if I didn't apply for my PGWP before leaving Canada?

If ever I decide on leaving Canada with a valid PGWP, how long can I stay outside Canada?

Please help me out. Thanks guys

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi guys hope someone can help me with my case. I will lay everything out to be understandable as possible.

Date of Arrival - 2019/05/03
Expiry date of study permit - 2021/07/31
Final date of school on transcript: 09/01/2020

I am unsure if I should apply for a PGWP before leaving the country, or apply for it when I come back as I plan on visiting my home country for a while. 6 months to be exact. My concerns are the following: If I come back on March 2021 on a valid study permit (expires 07/31), will I have problems re entering if I didn't apply for my PGWP before leaving Canada?

If ever I decide on leaving Canada with a valid PGWP, how long can I stay outside Canada?

Please help me out. Thanks guys
You have six months from the date of receiving your transcripts to apply for PGWP.

JmanSalamay

Sep 3, 2020
You have six months from the date of receiving your transcripts to apply for PGWP.
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have 6 months to apply for pgwp. What I'm worried of is being out of the country that long. Does that mean I can be outside of Canada for 6 moths and apply it on the spot in Canada airport or apply it before leaving Canada?

Last edited:

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Thank you for your reply. Yes I have 6 months to apply for pgwp. What I'm worried of is being out of the country that long. Does that mean I can be outside of Canada for 6 moths and apply it on the spot in Canada airport or apply it before leaving Canada?
Your study permit becomes invalid 90 days after you receive your transcripts irrespective of expiry date on the study permit. You can apply for a PGWP either inside Canada or outside. I don't think you can apply for it at the airport.

JmanSalamay

Sep 3, 2020
Your study permit becomes invalid 90 days after you receive your transcripts irrespective of expiry date on the study permit. You can apply for a PGWP either inside Canada or outside. I don't think you can apply for it at the airport.
I was planning on just applying for my PGWP before leaving Canada to play it safe. How long can I be outside of Canada during my PGWP?

Deeshi

Aug 8, 2021
Hello,
My name is Deeshi Parikh.
I started my course online in September 2020 and completed it in April 2021.

Applied for Study Permit -20th August 2020.
Medicals Reviewed- October 2020
Biometrics Given on- November 2020
Repeat Biometrics- March 2021
Biometrics Reviewed- April 2021
BVL-April 2021
PPR- April 2021
Passport Submitted for stamping- 21st July 2021
Passport Received- 9th August 2021.
Correspondence Letter- Entry to Canada Date Validity- 31st December 2021.

My questions are-
1) Should I apply for PGWP and then travel to Canada or Can I apply for PGWP after I land there?

2) If I have to apply for PGWP outside of Canada can I travel to Canada till a decision is made on my PGWP or I will have to wait till a final decision is made?

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Hello,
My name is Deeshi Parikh.
I started my course online in September 2020 and completed it in April 2021.

Applied for Study Permit -20th August 2020.
Medicals Reviewed- October 2020
Biometrics Given on- November 2020
Repeat Biometrics- March 2021
Biometrics Reviewed- April 2021
BVL-April 2021
PPR- April 2021
Passport Submitted for stamping- 21st July 2021
Passport Received- 9th August 2021.
Correspondence Letter- Entry to Canada Date Validity- 31st December 2021.

My questions are-
1) Should I apply for PGWP and then travel to Canada or Can I apply for PGWP after I land there?

2) If I have to apply for PGWP outside of Canada can I travel to Canada till a decision is made on my PGWP or I will have to wait till a final decision is made?
You have both choices. I would say first travel to Canada and get it from Port Of Entry. That would be the best bet.

Deeshi

Aug 8, 2021
You have both choices. I would say first travel to Canada and get it from Port Of Entry. That would be the best bet.
You mean I should apply for PGWP from Port of Entry?
I am scared what to answer the Immigration Officer at Border as my studies are over. Won't they restrict my Entry?
Also I just wanted to clear this confusion in my mind Can I travel to Canada just if Apply for PGWP outside Canada and work there till I get a decision?

Reactions: Aneep Kumar