+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and COOP

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
Hi,

I'm a student at the university of waterloo who is in the coop program. However, due to some stupid decisions on my part i decided to not finish my coop degree requirements and will not be graduating with a coop degree. So my final degree would read "non coop". Would that affect the pgwp??? In addition these courses i didnt do are all on my transcripts as "NCR" for the coop terms. Is there a chance my pgwp gets denied with this? I was never a part time student and my transcript does say full time for all the other terms, just unsure about the coop terms.

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
Like on my transcript the coop terms are stated as coop but they're also somehow not indicated full or part time? And theres all the NCR grades too. would that cause the officer to think im part time?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
To qualify for PGWP you cant become part time in any term except the last, full time usually means 3 courses in a semester, a coop semester will make you full time by itself, so if you don't do coop its advised to replace it with enough courses to be considered full time.
Sometimes the officers may give exceptions.

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
So you were not full time during your co-op terms so you don’t qualify. You may get it.
What does this mean? I had a full time job and had to take some required courses for the coop program? Does not finish them make me non full time? On my transcript it just says coop term

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
To qualify for PGWP you cant become part time in any term except the last, full time usually means 3 courses in a semester, a coop semester will make you full time by itself, so if you don't do coop its advised to replace it with enough courses to be considered full time.
Sometimes the officers may give exceptions.
I was not part time? I was on coop every single term?? I was just wondering what happens if i didnt finish pd courses on those terms

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What does this mean? I had a full time job and had to take some required courses for the coop program? Does not finish them make me non full time? On my transcript it just says coop term
If you were always full time and always part time then there is no issue.

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
If you were always full time and always part time then there is no issue.
So like i was full time every study term. And in my coop terms it says "part time study-coop". And there was no break in between them. But i have some failed courses over coop. Still ok?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Hello

Get a letter from your Department acknowledging you completed your program with no outstanding credit.

If your school gives credit for co-op, it may be advised to sort it out by speaking to your course advisor or school academic counselor, or Department on how to complete the credit(s) for your program.

Save yourself from unnecessary stress. You should be speaking to your school about it, as academic policies might varies from schools.

Best of Luck