+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and COOP

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
Hello

Get a letter from your Department acknowledging you completed your program with no outstanding credit.

If your school gives credit for co-op, it may be advised to sort it out by speaking to your course advisor or school academic counselor, or Department on how to complete the credit(s) for your program.

Save yourself from unnecessary stress. You should be speaking to your school about it, as academic policies might varies from schools.

Best of Luck
Should i ask for a letter that i have been full time every term? I made all these mistakes of dropping coop and not bothering with PD courses and im not sure what to do. On a reading of the requirements ive either been on coop or working every other term which should be enough but i cant help but be scared. Is there anything else I can do

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Talk to internation student advisor at school. Your info is confusing here, you say you dropped coop but also say you have done all the coop?

Reactions: Naturgrl

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Should i ask for a letter that i have been full time every term? I made all these mistakes of dropping coop and not bothering with PD courses and im not sure what to do. On a reading of the requirements ive either been on coop or working every other term which should be enough but i cant help but be scared. Is there anything else I can do
Hello,

As earlier mentioned, speak to your Department (HOD) or course advisor, or not concerned authority. There might be a way to either make you take extra credit or complete the co-op.

This case for now has nothing to do with IRCC, it has to do with your school (Department). So approach your course advisor and/or international admissions office to revolve the issue.

I believe you still have a valid status?!

Follow GCMSWriters on Twitter and Instagram for free guide on Canada study permit.

Best of Luck

ikulala maria

Oct 16, 2023
I would like to ask that as an international student, a Diploma course with coop but no Post graduate work permit, will the coop guaranty a work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I would like to ask that as an international student, a Diploma course with coop but no Post graduate work permit, will the coop guaranty a work permit?
No. If not eligible for a PGWP then you need your employer to file and pay $1k for a LMIA proving no Canadian, PR or person with work authorization can do the job. Then with LMIA, you apply for a closed work permit. Select a public DLI that is eligible for PGWP.