+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Canadian experience class

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Simple enough to Google the program

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

To get a good chance of building Canadian experience it is recommended generally to go for a 2 year course that could qualify for upto a 3 year PGWP giving plenty of time to find a NOC classfied 0,Aor B job. From there you apply for one of the immigration programs CEC or EE.

So you cannot exactly get PR through PGWP you still need to find a skilled job for minimum of a year to be able to apply for PR having gained Canadian experience

amarsheta

Oct 10, 2018
Thank you so much for your kind help,

If I registered in 2 years diploma and complete just 1 year, I will be eligible for PGWP for 1 year?
if Registered in 1-year diploma and the study length starts 04 September and finish 31 may . is it considered as 1 year and get PGWP for 1 year?

amarsheta

Oct 10, 2018
and with Canadian experience, if I meet all the requirements I will be accepted and get the P.R or there are score and rounds like express entry and they will select the highest scores?

Thank you so much for your patience and support

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you so much for your kind help,

If I registered in 2 years diploma and complete just 1 year, I will be eligible for PGWP for 1 year?
if Registered in 1-year diploma and the study length starts 04 September and finish 31 may . is it considered as 1 year and get PGWP for 1 year?
Don't waste your time on attempting to get a 1 year PGWP. It's almost impossible to acquire the required length of Canadian employment using a single year's PGWP in order to qualify for CEC.

Reactions: meister

amarsheta

Oct 10, 2018
Thank you so much for your advice I guess yes better 2 years even instead of 2 programs * 1 year .

For CEC is it same as EE or Province nomination they will select the highest score or if you meet the requirement you will get the P.R ?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you so much for your advice I guess yes better 2 years even instead of 2 programs * 1 year .

For CEC is it same as EE or Province nomination they will select the highest score or if you meet the requirement you will get the P.R ?
CEC is score driven. It's a subset of EE.

Najaah mahamud

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
If a student did nt submitted biometric when s/he was applying and got the visa will they ask to provide at the airport before s/he proceed to their studies

meister

Star Member
Nov 5, 2019
Don't waste your time on attempting to get a 1 year PGWP. It's almost impossible to acquire the required length of Canadian employment using a single year's PGWP in order to qualify for CEC.
I know this is an old post but could you or someone else explain why 1 year PGWP is not sufficient to qualify under CEC?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I know this is an old post but could you or someone else explain why 1 year PGWP is not sufficient to qualify under CEC?
Its difficult to both find a job and get 1 years worth of experience in 1 year, it might take you several months after getting pgwp to find a job.

Reactions: meister