+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP 2023 extension Opt In: Passport expires just a few days before the 18 months

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Hi all i appreciate your help
i recently got my pgwp extension approval ( in Canada approval letter) through Opt-in but next week i have to travel but didnt got the physical work permit yet to my mail as it will take time to arrive to my canadian address .i have a valid trv so can i show my in canada approval letter and trv to re enter ?
Hi did you find out if you can travel outside Canada while you receive your Work Permit in hand? Have a valid TRV till 2023.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I got the email to opt-in, the option showed up in my IRCC account, but my passport expires in October 2024. I renewed my passport at a consulate in Toronto and I'm hoping I can get the new one before May 20th. If not, I'll have to submit the application after the opt-in period, pay the fees, and wait who knows how many months to get the new WP.

Satyamarya61

Sep 24, 2017
I applied my earlier SOWP and PGWP extension (In case of passport expiration) through an agent, Today he forwarded me email for PGWP opt in but I am not seeing any PGWP (18 months extension) link on my portal. Does anyone is facing same issue? Should I reach out to my agent to update details

Parmis

Jul 11, 2023
Hi everyone
I have recieved an email for Opt in option but I missed the deadline. my original work permit expired on May 30,2023. I just want to know if I apply for PGWP extension would I get the interim work authorization email? Or that's the opt in email that I recieved on Mar 31st?

mololokoko

Jul 9, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a tricky situation in my case. So I had 1 year and a half PGWP from 5 january 2021 till 3 june 2022 because my passeport expired before the 3 years I am supposed to have. Then I did an extension request to have the remaining 1 year and a half till 5 january 2024. They send me though the authorization to continue working and to ask for a New work permit. Do you think that I am going to be approved even though the last work permit expires after31december??