+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP 18-month Extension - Required update passport

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
@Johntony1111 is your application linked to your GC Key account? or not? I mean can you see your old PGWP application in your gc key account? if not did you try linking to your account?

Johntony1111

Sep 28, 2022
@Johntony1111 is your application linked to your GC Key account? or not? I mean can you see your old PGWP application in your gc key account? if not did you try linking to your account?
No i dont see my old application there, i guess that could be a problem , isnt it ? I at least expected a mail. But i guess I rather apply normally and see

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
I spoke with client support in the morning. they said link your application first and check. we can see any update once we link the application. try linking your application once in gcKey

Johntony1111

Sep 28, 2022
I spoke with client support in the morning. they said link your application first and check. we can see any update once we link the application. try linking your application once in gcKey
Oh thats awesome , you mean the old application in which i applied for the post grad work permit for the first time 3 years ago?

Vincinzi

Sep 19, 2022
What do you mean by link your application ? when I sign into my IRCC account with "Sign in partner" my previous PGWP (expiring Nov 2022) application is seen in my account. Is there anything else needed to link my application?

Vincinzi

Sep 19, 2022
Also, are you planning on applying normally or will this linking lead to IRCC sending you the email with info to update your address & passport?

Santhu7878

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
Also, are you planning on applying normally or will this linking lead to IRCC sending you the email with info to update your address & passport?
Hey, I mean if you are not seeing your old PGWP application in GCKey account we need to link it. I guess you have already seeing the application right? if so no need to do anything.

Also, I spoke with client support again in the evening they mentioned that instead of waiting for email from IRCC we can apply manually by following these steps .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/apply-in-canada.html

Literally we dont know how delay it is from IRCC and I dont want to loose this opportunity by waiting. I will apply myself by this weekend. if some thing comes from IRCC, then i will withdraw the application. Thats what my plan is.

hope909

Sep 29, 2022
Hello everyone , I have the same problem . I didn't get the email with instructions on how to change my mailing address on my account .
When I login on my account , there is no link or any kind of instructions . My permit expires in November , so I have till October 10 to add my new address according to the website . I have been calling IRCC , but no hope of reaching anyone so far .

Does anyone have the same issue ?

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
Hello everyone , I have the same problem . I didn't get the email with instructions on how to change my mailing address on my account .
When I login on my account , there is no link or any kind of instructions . My permit expires in November , so I have till October 10 to add my new address according to the website . I have been calling IRCC , but no hope of reaching anyone so far .

Does anyone have the same issue ?
Same here, the last email i got was in Aug 18 saying that if i have new passport ready, I should wait till September. No emails since, or the link to change info in my account where I applied initially.

Johntony1111

Sep 28, 2022
btw , I can see my old application on my profile , no problem with that
I didnt receive any email, i finally applied normally, i thought i linked my old application a little late may be thats why i didnt receive the link, did you link your old application from an old account or you already had that old application on your current account from the beginning itself ?

hope909

Sep 29, 2022
I didnt receive any email, i finally applied normally, i thought i linked my old application a little late may be thats why i didnt receive the link, did you link your old application from an old account or you already had that old application on your current account from the beginning itself ?
I did an online PGWP application back in August 2019 . I can see the application number , date submitted and submission confirmation along with the other study permits and Visas I applied to since 2016 . Why would some accounts have there old PGWP disappear from their accounts ? was your original PGWP application removed from your account ?

Johntony1111

Sep 28, 2022
I did an online PGWP application back in August 2019 . I can see the application number , date submitted and submission confirmation along with the other study permits and Visas I applied to since 2016 . Why would some accounts have there old PGWP disappear from their accounts ? was your original PGWP application removed from your account ?
My account got revoked by the ircc for some weird reason, then i made a new account and attached the old application on the new one with the help of UCI number. I hope you got the interim work authorization till May 31st ?