4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
Hello everyone,

I just got the email requesting the PGR, I applied outland, but I am currently living in Quebec. I know there is two ways to make the paperwork for the PGR:

1. One is by any family member in Mexico who can go and make all with a Carta Poder and all the papers requested (NOTE: I need to send the finger tips from canada to my family, pictures and all the papers needed to make the process, I need ask for a new birth certificate since mine is form 2003 and the PGR asks for no more than 5 years old of the birth certificate, plus after I need to send translate the PGR, and after send it to the Embassy)

2. And the other is do it trough the Embassy of Canada in Mexico which takes longer, but I just need to send the following documents:
If you live outside of Mexico:
You must first submit your Application for Permanent Residence. The Canadian Embassy in Mexico will request a police certificate on your behalf after you provide all of the following:

Two sets of original fingerprints that meet these standards:
rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink
full name, date of birth and sex
the name and address of the police agency where the fingerprints were taken
the signature of the officer taking the fingerprints
To have your fingerprints taken:

In Canada: Contact a fingerprinting agency, or visit your local police station.
In any other country: Visit your local police station. In some countries the Mexican Embassy or Consulate will be able to assist you.
Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of front profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, or facial hair – no exceptions)
Three passport-size (4.5 cm × 3.5 cm) photographs of right profile (no makeup, earrings, glasses, or facial hair – no exceptions)
One clear, legible copy of your passport bio-page (with your picture and full name)
Quote your file number, your name, and date of birth..

Just need some advice to figure it out , I am getting block and stress , so if any of you got on any situation like that i would appreciate your help!!

Thanks a lot in advance :)

rojiyo

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-07-2015 SA 11-08-2015
File Transfer...
17-08-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront and passed
Interview........
Waived
Hello, I'm in a similar situation as you. I'm an outland applicant, and I live in Spain (Paris VO), however I'm from Mexico. Paris Vo requested me the police certificate from Mexico (something expected, as I know is part of the paperwork). As I live in Spain, I have the same 2 options that you mentioned before in your post. However, I've been reading and the 2nd option (when you send all the docs to the Mexico VO) takes about 2 - 3 months, depending on how busy is the office. So, I decided applied using the first option. For that, i went to my consulate here in Spain and request them support, they took my fingerprints and made all the documents for the PGR, now i need to send all these docs to a relative/friend that lives in Mexico (could be any person, not necessarily related with you) and this person will request the police certificate in my behalf. According with the inf of the PGR website, get the police certificate will take 10 days, so, after that time the person in Mexico who requested the document will send it to me and I will present it (in the manwhile, a certified translator will translate it, so i will have the original and the translation).In your case, you must send it directly to Mexico VO (as they are requesting it) after it got translated previously (you can do it a soon the person in Mexico get it).

My advise, if you can and you have a relative or friend in mexico, is do the first option, in that way you will reduce the waiting time a lot. It's true that you will spend a bit more money (mail, translator) but in my opinion it worth it instead of waiting a very long time.

I don't know in which part of quebec you live, but if is Montreal, visit the website of the Mexican Consulate in Quebec (http:// consulmex.sre.gob.mx/montreal/index.php/fr/galerie-espacio-mexico/38) , go to the section "Documents pour mexicains" and select "Constancia de Antecedentes Registrales". Remember, now the process (get the police certificate) can be made in any state of mexico, not necesarely in the Capital (Mexico DF) (http:// www.pgr.gob.mx/datosregistrales/Paginas/default.aspx).

I hope this can help you (+1), good luck!!!