+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP Sponsorship - PCC request from Pakistan, being a resident of UAE

hibbsdibbs

Oct 4, 2017
Hello! Hope you guys are doing well!

Just got a request for my mother's original police clearance certificate (PCC) from Pakistan and UAE as part of her PGP-SPR application. I have already obtained the UAE PCC online.

For background reference: She's a resident of Dubai, UAE from the past +10 years, and frequently visits Pakistan, lands in Lahore but always travels down to another city (hometown). In the last 10 years, she has never stayed in Pakistan for more than 6 months. Coincidentally, currently, she's visiting her hometown.

My questions are:
1) Since she is already visiting Pakistan at this time, could she get a PCC from there in person, or does she need to get it from the Pakistani Consulate in Dubai?
2) Does she need a separate PCC from Lahore and a separate PCC from her hometown?
3) Dubai apparently only issues PCC electronically. IRCC expects the "original" to be attached online or submitted via email. Can I safely count this document as "original"?
4) I have 30 days to fulfill the above request. In an event that the Pakistani Consulate or Police branch takes longer to issue a PCC, which is usually expected, do I just submit the UAE PCC along with an explanation letter?

I would greatly appreciate your help with this!!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/pakistan.html

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Hope you guys are doing well!

Just got a request for my mother's original police clearance certificate (PCC) from Pakistan and UAE as part of her PGP-SPR application. I have already obtained the UAE PCC online.

For background reference: She's a resident of Dubai, UAE from the past +10 years, and frequently visits Pakistan, lands in Lahore but always travels down to another city (hometown). In the last 10 years, she has never stayed in Pakistan for more than 6 months. Coincidentally, currently, she's visiting her hometown.

My questions are:
1) Since she is already visiting Pakistan at this time, could she get a PCC from there in person, or does she need to get it from the Pakistani Consulate in Dubai?
2) Does she need a separate PCC from Lahore and a separate PCC from her hometown?
3) Dubai apparently only issues PCC electronically. IRCC expects the "original" to be attached online or submitted via email. Can I safely count this document as "original"?
4) I have 30 days to fulfill the above request. In an event that the Pakistani Consulate or Police branch takes longer to issue a PCC, which is usually expected, do I just submit the UAE PCC along with an explanation letter?

I would greatly appreciate your help with this!!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/pakistan.html
Did the request specifies which city in Pakistan? If not, get the PCC from her hometown, submit it to IRCC and see what happens.

Reactions: hibbsdibbs