Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
There are VOs that are very fast in processing and can approve the PR of your parents within a year.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
If they bother to actually read the basic guide, it's clearly stated: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html
Do I have to maintain a minimum income during the processing of the application?
Your Minimum Necessary Income must meet or exceed the Federal Income Table for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship above on the date on which the sponsorship application is signed until the day your family members are granted status as permanent residents.

Income may be reassessed at any time during processing if new information indicates that you may no longer meet the minimum income requirements or if more than 12 months have passed between the dates on which we receive your application and when processing of the application begins.

It's also plainly obvious that the income table goes up a little bit every year, as the 3-years table is literally right above this statement in the guide.

The whole point of 3-years LICO is to see consistency, that the income you're showing will be maintained indefinitely going forward. So people with sporadic income up and down that can't get 3 consecutive years, can't sponsor parents since there is a higher chance they will be unable to support them in later years.
Thanks Rob. So it is in there. Sigh. But as you have seen even if you put it out in plain sight people still don't read it.

It's a tough one for sure. 3 years isn't really a good indicator. They should go 5 years at the very least.

Do you think it will be FAIR to have a system that favors those who can show they meet LICO requirements for a longer period of time? I would think that if someone has met LICO requirements for say 10 years is definitely more likely to meet it in the next 2 years. 3 years is kinda short really.

As some have shared they have been laid off this year. Possibly next year?

This favors folks who work in industries that are recession proof example health care.

What do you think Rob? How do I articulate these ideas to the people who can make such changes real?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Thanks Rob. So it is in there. Sigh. But as you have seen even if you put it out in plain sight people still don't read it.

It's a tough one for sure. 3 years isn't really a good indicator. They should go 5 years at the very least.

Do you think it will be FAIR to have a system that favors those who can show they meet LICO requirements for a longer period of time? I would think that if someone has met LICO requirements for say 10 years is definitely more likely to meet it in the next 2 years. 3 years is kinda short really.

As some have shared they have been laid off this year. Possibly next year?

This favors folks who work in industries that are recession proof example health care.

What do you think Rob? How do I articulate these ideas to the people who can make such changes real?
If someone doesn't read the basic rules before applying, that is on them if app is later rejected due to something they should have known about.

Yes it favours those with more stability in their job. But again this is the whole point, that the sponsor can maintain at least LICO indefinitely after parents arrive.

I have no clue how the old Conservative government initially came up with the 3-year rule to measure income consistency. Perhaps someone just randomly thought 3 years would be good, or perhaps some study was actually done during the few years previous the PGP program was on hold. You can certainly attempt to ask your MP or current government in power to discuss or change it.

See here: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2014/2014-01-01/html/sor-dors246-eng.html
Requiring prospective sponsors of PGPs to provide evidence of income over a three-year period, as opposed to 12 months, will demonstrate greater stability in employment earnings and make it difficult to temporarily inflate income. Lengthening the period for demonstrating the MNI to three years may be perceived as an administrative and/or financial burden on some prospective sponsors of PGPs, such as those who are not in stable occupations. However, a lengthened demonstration period is a more reliable indicator of a sponsor’s financial stability and ability to adequately support their PGPs and their accompanying family members throughout the sponsorship undertaking period. As with increasing the income threshold, the objective of this regulatory change is to ensure that sponsors are better able to support their PGPs, thereby improving the fiscal sustainability of the PGP program.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Or move to Quebec, so the income requirement is one year not 3 years.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
And remember, sponsor will be responsible for the parents and dependents for the next 20 years.
So the minimum income is just one factor they need to consider. As a sponsor, you also need to know that you have the ability to support this larger family size for the long future. (e.g. when the dependent brother or sister is 39 or so if he/she was sponsored at 19)

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
And remember, sponsor will be responsible for the parents and dependents for the next 20 years.
So the minimum income is just one factor they need to consider. As a sponsor, you also need to know that you have the ability to support this larger family size for the long future. (e.g. when the dependent brother or sister is 39 or so if he/she was sponsored at 19)
Yes I agree.

dahbour98

Mar 19, 2018
i read that if you got rejected while your file on process then you will lose the processing fees and if you paid landing fees then it will be refunded

Ayesha Afsar

Jan 14, 2019
Hello, What if I needed to attend university in order to upgrade my education for getting a high paid job than I am doing last several years? And during the time my husband will continue to work. Because by the time I will be done with my becularate degree my parents probably will be here in Canada and I will be available for working for a better job with a more handsome salary. So I will be a capable for taking care of my parents financially.

Hoping for an answer.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello, What if I needed to attend university in order to upgrade my education for getting a high paid job than I am doing last several years? And during the time my husband will continue to work. Because by the time I will be done with my becularate degree my parents probably will be here in Canada and I will be available for working for a better job with a more handsome salary. So I will be a capable for taking care of my parents financially.

Hoping for an answer.
As long as your husband can be the co-signer and your combined income meet the requirement for the number of family members (including sponsored parents), then it's OK if you are studying or working.