+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP - New Interest to Sponsor Form - Reopen??

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi, I cant seem to find the link to the "new interest to sponsor form". The website says: "We aren’t opening a new interest to sponsor form submission period for the 2023 intake." But what about the 2024 intake? Where Do I get a link to the form? From what I have read online it appears to be an online form submission. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I cant seem to find the link to the "new interest to sponsor form". The website says: "We aren’t opening a new interest to sponsor form submission period for the 2023 intake." But what about the 2024 intake? Where Do I get a link to the form? From what I have read online it appears to be an online form submission. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Next Fall, they will announce if they are opening the pool. The program has not been open to new profiles since 2020. It always is announced around September. It may or may be open to new profiles given there is still around 100,000 profiles in the 2020 pool and only 25,000 are selected and only 15,000 are eligible.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Interest to sponsor form hasn't been avaialble/open since their last one in 2020.

May be in fall 2024 but no one knows. It wasn't open in 2021, 2022 and 2023 so far.

harpreet8

Aug 24, 2023
Hi everyone. After IRCC announced that the pool will remain locked, there's quite a few angry people. Getting together launching another e-petition this week (it will probably have minimal impact but at least the Government will know that there are people disappointed in the process).

A National News Publisher (one of the biggest in Canada) are going to run story with people who feel the closure of the pool is unfair. If you're willing to go on the record please reach out to me and I can put you in touch with the journalist.

Reactions: Balwinder.deol

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Hi everyone. After IRCC announced that the pool will remain locked, there's quite a few angry people. Getting together launching another e-petition this week (it will probably have minimal impact but at least the Government will know that there are people disappointed in the process).

A National News Publisher (one of the biggest in Canada) are going to run story with people who feel the closure of the pool is unfair. If you're willing to go on the record please reach out to me and I can put you in touch with the journalist.
I am in, if they don’t open in future, me and my wife both professional in high demand occupation with setup bussiness giving plenty of taxes to government, will leave this country and land safely in Saudi Arabia who will recieve us with open arms with loads of money and a place for our parents. I am definitely in to raise a petition!
In addition happy to write a letter to MP too …

Inder3256

Jan 11, 2019
I am in, if they don’t open in future, me and my wife both professional in high demand occupation with setup bussiness giving plenty of taxes to government, will leave this country and land safely in Saudi Arabia who will recieve us with open arms with loads of money and a place for our parents. I am definitely in to raise a petition!
In addition happy to write a letter to MP too …
Yes sir, You certainly have the option of going to Saudi and for sure they will allow your parents too.
But Saudi will never give you a PR and you will be on a contract for 2 years or so which is renewable.
Also this contract can be cancelled by the employer and you would have to leave the country overnight in some case.
Your parents will be also on a temporary residence card and without any kind of govt support.
Your income for sure will be tax free....quite luring..
Myself having lived in the Middle East for almost 3 decades can vouch for my above statements until and unless you have some latest rules..
My son has migrated to Canada a decade ago and is a Canadian citizen and has paid almost half a million CAD in taxes but we have still not received the PR.
We are in 2020 pool and have not been lucky but still not frustrated...
On research found that Canada is any day better in their visa processing and visa programs as compared with many other countries..

The latest Super visa is definitely a good option for those who pay high taxes and can afford medical insurance...
BTW Canada's health system is not that great that we have to be so upset if PR not granted,

Many of our Canadian friends come to India for their health treatments and this way they also are still connected with dear ones back home.

If I was the rule maker, I would allow an open pool entry which is open through out the year but entry in the pool would be on payment of fees and eligibility pre qualified thru a 3rd party. This way only genuine applicant would enter the pool and garbage entries be out. Also the visa fees to be in line with Australia so that only those who can afford to take care of their parents and can therefore pay huge fees are allowed to bring parents.
Kindly forgive me if I hurt anyone's feeling..

Engineer43

May 9, 2019
Yes sir, You certainly have the option of going to Saudi and for sure they will allow your parents too.
But Saudi will never give you a PR and you will be on a contract for 2 years or so which is renewable.
Also this contract can be cancelled by the employer and you would have to leave the country overnight in some case.
Your parents will be also on a temporary residence card and without any kind of govt support.
Myself having lived in the Middle East for almost 3 decades can vouch for my above statements until and unless you have some latest rules..
My son has migrated to Canada a decade ago and is a Canadian citizen and has paid almost half a million CAD in taxes but we have still not received the PR.
On research found that Canada is any day better in their visa processing and visa programs as compared with many other countries..

The latest Super visa is definitely a good option for those who pay high taxes and can afford medical insurance...
BTW Canada's health system is not that great that we have to be so upset if PR not granted,

Many of our Canadian friends come to India for their health treatments and this way they also are still connected with dear ones back home.

If I was the rule maker, I would allow an open pool entry which is open through out the year but entry in the pool would be on payment of fees and eligibility pre qualified thru a 3rd party. This way only genuine applicant would enter the pool and garbage entries be out. Also the visa fees to be in line with Australia so that only those who can afford to take care of their parents and can therefore pay huge fees are allowed to bring parents.
totally agreed with narrative, may be example for Saudi is not great but in frustration when your parents are always on blink of visa either it’s supervises or visit visa one is always in 2 minds.

please consider the situation of children who have single or widow parents and are on mercy of supervisa, what happens after that, and what will be new rules by new government, these factors never let you consider a peaceful home until the situation is resolved!

Yes Canada is great no doubt but the situation with parents PR is not great, parents are only getting old and uncertainty around visas still there …

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019

Absolutely agree with everything you said. I was born and raised in middle east and there is no such thing called PR, no free health coverage or no other benefits or pension plans. I have no idea why people are being so salty and mean about Canadian Pgp. If people keep complaining, the govt will probably just shut down this program because they are not bound to have a parents Pr pathway. Or they might follow Australia’s way where you need millions of dollars to showcase if you want to sponsor parents!!!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Absolutely agree with everything you said. I was born and raised in middle east and there is no such thing called PR, no free health coverage or no other benefits or pension plans. I have no idea why people are being so salty and mean about Canadian Pgp. If people keep complaining, the govt will probably just shut down this program because they are not bound to have a parents Pr pathway. Or they might follow Australia’s way where you need millions of dollars to showcase if you want to sponsor parents!!!
Because people assume that just since they paid taxes that they are ENTITLED to sponsor whoever . If just paying taxes was the holy grail in this country in obtaining anything, I’d be front of the line for everything.
These people seriously need to touch grass , and check their imaginary level of entitlement

There was NEVER a promise one could sponsor your parents , grandparents NEVER.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Absolutely agree with everything you said. I was born and raised in middle east and there is no such thing called PR, no free health coverage or no other benefits or pension plans. ....
Or they might follow Australia’s way where you need millions of dollars to showcase if you want to sponsor parents!!!
I don't have much of a dog in this fight, but I think this point of yours is worth emphasizing: for a whole lot of reasons, Canada is not going to limit access of PR-sponsored parents to health care, old age support, or most other benefits.

Some people recognize this but many don't: that's an ENORMOUS liability the government (actually multiple levels of government) are adopting - with, for the most part, those parents paying little in the way of ongoing taxes that probably - for the most part - won't be met by their sponsoring children either.

Some will claim their parents do/will pay taxes, that their own taxes will compensate, they won't make much use of health care, etc, etc. Well, maybe - but it doesn't matter because statistically the sponsored parents can and might make use of them. Canada is not going to limit access to these benefits if they're needed.

Therefore the selection has to be limited somehow to modest numbers: by money (like Australia), by lottery (like now), or by some other mechanism (feel free to propose). None of them are going to feel 'fair' to everyone.

Right now, with problems with health care access and a shortage of housing, it's going to be even less popular. That's why I say I doubt there will be another lottery before the next election (and who knows after?): it would be another political punching bag that the current governing party doesn't need.

[Note, overall I think this program has less party valence than many think. Conservatives will probably have some program for parents, too, just perhaps more limited or more restrictive somehow. I could be wrong about that - but I guarantee if Libs introduce another lottery, the Cons will attack it mercilessly.]

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I don't have much of a dog in this fight, but I think this point of yours is worth emphasizing: for a whole lot of reasons, Canada is not going to limit access of PR-sponsored parents to health care, old age support, or most other benefits.

Some people recognize this but many don't: that's an ENORMOUS liability the government (actually multiple levels of government) are adopting - with, for the most part, those parents paying little in the way of ongoing taxes that probably - for the most part - won't be met by their sponsoring children either.

Some will claim their parents do/will pay taxes, that their own taxes will compensate, they won't make much use of health care, etc, etc. Well, maybe - but it doesn't matter because statistically the sponsored parents can and might make use of them. Canada is not going to limit access to these benefits if they're needed.

Therefore the selection has to be limited somehow to modest numbers: by money (like Australia), by lottery (like now), or by some other mechanism (feel free to propose). None of them are going to feel 'fair' to everyone.

Right now, with problems with health care access and a shortage of housing, it's going to be even less popular. That's why I say I doubt there will be another lottery before the next election (and who knows after?): it would be another political punching bag that the current governing party doesn't need.

[Note, overall I think this program has less party valence than many think. Conservatives will probably have some program for parents, too, just perhaps more limited or more restrictive somehow. I could be wrong about that - but I guarantee if Libs introduce another lottery, the Cons will attack it mercilessly.]
I agree to your points. I also feel the lottery system will not last and they might just restrict or stop the parents sponsorship for a while and keep the supervisa pathway open for all. And yes we all need to accept that not everyone’s parents will be working or contributing towards taxes, they will definitely be using health care much more than anyone. Hopefully people can start seeing it the way it is.