+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2023

jasminema

Oct 9, 2023
We strongly advocate for reopening 2023 parent/grandparent sponsor program interest form! It has been closed since 2020 and is deeply unfair for immigrants who have met all requirements but were not given a chance to submit interest forms beforehand. Please sign this petition if you believe in family unity, fairness in immigration processes, and supporting those who've made great efforts towards building a life here in Canada. I know I am not alone and together we can make this change happen!!!

Please sign there: https://www.change.org/2023parent_sponsor

anandz

Sep 27, 2021
We strongly advocate for reopening 2023 parent/grandparent sponsor program interest form! It has been closed since 2020 and is deeply unfair for immigrants who have met all requirements but were not given a chance to submit interest forms beforehand. Please sign this petition if you believe in family unity, fairness in immigration processes, and supporting those who've made great efforts towards building a life here in Canada. I know I am not alone and together we can make this change happen!!!

Isn't that going to be unfair for those who are already in queue since 2020 and not getting picked up this time?

Also, if someone is in real need of bringing parents here due to extreme circumstances, they can explore 'Humanitarian PR Pathway'.

Reactions: karankullar

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

It is not going to be changed now. Invitations have gone out. Maybe next year.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Due to very high demand for limited spots there will likely be a system where priority is given to those who have been waiting the longest to qualify. Parent sponsorship is also not guaranteed. Given the crisis in our healthcare system and our ageing population the whole program can be reviewed at any point to see if it is actually still feasible. Most countries with public healthcare don’t allow parent and grandparent sponsorship with access to public healthcare.

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Hi All, by god's grace, I have received invitation to apply. Not a big believer but I really really badly needed this invitation but had a very little hope that I will get selected. My dad had an accident and a few fractures a couple of years back. He has now recovered well but I think he needs emotional support from me now - my parents are here on supervisa currently.

I have not been following the forum much, but I am starting to look into the forum now that I simply can not afford to make any mistake on my application. Hence I might end up asking a few questions as I move forward filling up the application forms. Thank you to all in advance who take time to guide me, and I hope I will be able to contribute what I can.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

harupit200281

Star Member
Jun 4, 2009
Isn’t it Step 2?
This is what is quoted on their website:

If you’re invited to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents, there are 2 applications:

1. You must apply to become a sponsor.
  2. Your parents or grandparents must apply for permanent residence.
Submit both the sponsorship and the permanent residence applications online at the same time.

You must submit your application by the deadline in your invitation to apply letter. There are no exceptions.

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hi All, by god's grace, I have received invitation to apply. Not a big believer but I really really badly needed this invitation but had a very little hope that I will get selected. My dad had an accident and a few fractures a couple of years back. He has now recovered well but I think he needs emotional support from me now - my parents are here on supervisa currently.

I have not been following the forum much, but I am starting to look into the forum now that I simply can not afford to make any mistake on my application. Hence I might end up asking a few questions as I move forward filling up the application forms. Thank you to all in advance who take time to guide me, and I hope I will be able to contribute what I can.
When did you receive the invitation( which date?) I’m hoping to receive one for my parents this year and want to know if they’re still sending them out

AnneSh

Dec 17, 2022
Isn't that going to be unfair for those who are already in queue since 2020 and not getting picked up this time?

Also, if someone is in real need of bringing parents here due to extreme circumstances, they can explore 'Humanitarian PR Pathway'.
That is not corrrect! Everyone has been waiting to get their parents sponsored! Who said it is only people who are in the pool who are waiting. What is unfair is that there are many Canadian Citizens who are eligible to sponsor but for any reasons they are not in the pool of 2020 and now they have zero chance ! While Permanent residents (not even citizens) could have chance until 2020! For example a permanent resident who got their PR cards in 2020 and have 1 year of income (some provinces require one year) had a chance and some even invited their parents! So PLEASE STOP ABOUT EXPLAINING WHAT IS FAIR AND WHAT IS NOT FAIR!

Did they tell us if you don't register in the 2020 you will have zero chance in the future to sponsor your parents? NO they did not!

AnneSh

Dec 17, 2022
H

What do you think would the best action so we change the system next year? Maybe contacting our MPs?
What do you think?

AnneSh

Dec 17, 2022
Hi All,

On the website, it states that: (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html)

There are two parts to the application.
1. You must apply to become sponsor
2. Your parents or grandparents must apply for permanent residence

However, I dont see any link about where to apply to become sponsor. Does anyone know?
IT is close since 2020, now we are here to ask the government to change this non sense rules! LIKE 2020 was HOLY YEAR!

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
Question for everyone:
Would it be beneficial for processing timeline if I apply for my parents after they are in Canada on visitor visa? Or the timeline is same regardless of wherever they are in the world?

Does the country of processing depend on where the applicant is or the sponsor?

Last edited: