+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2022

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So here is my situation. I submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020. I got the Invite in Jan 2021. However I realized I shouldn't have submitted in the first place because I did not meet the LICO cut off for 2018 (I miscalculated my parents as 2 people, while you need to calculate them as 3 including yourself).

So I ended up not responding to the invite because I didn't qualify in the first place. Now since they are sticking to the 2020 pool, does that mean I wont be considered in the lottery for 2022? I am asking since they reduced the LICO limit now, so it seems unfair that I didn't qualify in 2021 but wont be invited now because I was already invited in Jan 2021?

Maybe I am misunderstanding something here.
You were likely taken out of the pool but nobody knows for sure. You’ll need to confirm with IRCC.

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
PGP2022 NEWS released
Canada announced the application process for PGP 2022. IRCC to send invitations in the coming two weeks to 23,100 potential sponsors who have expressed interest in sponsors. IRCC expects to reach the goal of 15,000 complete applications under PGP 2022 for sponsorship.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
So here is my situation. I submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020. I got the Invite in Jan 2021. However I realized I shouldn't have submitted in the first place because I did not meet the LICO cut off for 2018 (I miscalculated my parents as 2 people, while you need to calculate them as 3 including yourself).

So I ended up not responding to the invite because I didn't qualify in the first place. Now since they are sticking to the 2020 pool, does that mean I wont be considered in the lottery for 2022? I am asking since they reduced the LICO limit now, so it seems unfair that I didn't qualify in 2021 but wont be invited now because I was already invited in Jan 2021?

Maybe I am misunderstanding something here.
You had a chance and you wasted one spot

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
No I didn't have a chance as I should not have submitted an interest to sponsor in the first place. But yes the invite could have gone to someone else if that's what you mean.
Most probably the list that they will use is for the people that didn't get the chance to be invited as mentioned in the communication .

Reactions: nmishra

PzSingh

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
i want to know when PGP 2022 programme will open - anyone have info pls put up here - thanks
hi everybody - we had applied in pgp 2020 and the lottery was carried forward to 2021 also .... we could not make but now we have recd email that our application under pgp 2020 has been selected and required to submit docus ..... now we fwd it to our lawyer and he says it is genuine email from CIC and to proceed .... the issue is birth certificate of self and wife - we are senior citizens and born in different cities/sates now far away from our current residence ..... and also we dont have marriage certificate .... we find that marriage certificate can be issued belatedly ..... but the real issue is birth certificates - how we get it .... can we use our school board certificates (which have been the basis of age proof so far) along with an affidavit attested by a notary - pls help us - thanks

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
hi everybody - we had applied in pgp 2020 and the lottery was carried forward to 2021 also .... we could not make but now we have recd email that our application under pgp 2020 has been selected and required to submit docus ..... now we fwd it to our lawyer and he says it is genuine email from CIC and to proceed .... the issue is birth certificate of self and wife - we are senior citizens and born in different cities/sates now far away from our current residence ..... and also we dont have marriage certificate .... we find that marriage certificate can be issued belatedly ..... but the real issue is birth certificates - how we get it .... can we use our school board certificates (which have been the basis of age proof so far) along with an affidavit attested by a notary - pls help us - thanks
When did you recieveit?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So you are sponsoring your parents and you are senior citizens? I think sponsor's birth certificate is needed to proof relationship to parents.
Since you have a lawyer, I think he should provide you those answers.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
Hi all on IRCC website it says PGP is re-opened? How do i sumbit my name for my wife’s parnets to come to canada? Where is the form so sumbit your interest?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all on IRCC website it says PGP is re-opened? How do i sumbit my name for my wife’s parnets to come to canada? Where is the form so sumbit your interest?
IRCC is only issuing by lottery those who submitted a profile in 2020. So it is not open to new applicants.

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me when PGP 2022 is going to reopen ??

For the 2022 process, we’ll invite potential sponsors from the remaining pool of interest to sponsor forms submitted in 2020. We’ll send 23,100 invitations to apply to reach our goal of accepting up to 15,000 complete applications.

On October 12, 2022, we started inviting potential sponsors to apply. We’ll send invitations over the course of the next 2 weeks.

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
ah man.. another year seems to have come and gone and no invite yet :( any idea how many were sent out already ?

Last edited: