+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2022

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Hello some advice required please. My parents entered Canada on a supervisa in August 2019 and have been here since. (Obtained extension). The supervisa sticker on their passport expires in April 23 2023.

They are planning to travel back home in December 2022 and come back at the end of March 2023.They will request a five year stay when they arrive in Canada. Will they be okay for that as the supervisa will be expiring soon? (They will renew their passports so that the expiry date of the passport is well beyond the five year stay.)

@scylla
@Naturgrl

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
It's 2023, can we submit our interest for PGP 2023 yet? I don't see anything on IRCC website yet.

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
It's 2023, can we submit our interest for PGP 2023 yet? I don't see anything on IRCC website yet.
No. Maybe not. IRCC has to take care of the 157000 backlogged applications first. In 2022 they were able to invite only 14% of the people out of 157000 who applied for EOI in 2020. It might take another 9-10 years to clear the backlog and sending new Invites. Till then Super Visa is your best bet. Plus its way faster than PGP sponsorship process.

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Hello some advice required please. My parents entered Canada on a supervisa in August 2019 and have been here since. (Obtained extension). The supervisa sticker on their passport expires in April 23 2023.

They are planning to travel back home in December 2022 and come back at the end of March 2023.They will request a five year stay when they arrive in Canada. Will they be okay for that as the supervisa will be expiring soon? (They will renew their passports so that the expiry date of the passport is well beyond the five year stay.)

@scylla
@Naturgrl
This is a wrong Forum for your question. Go to SuperVisa Form buddy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
PGP 2022 has just closed. Announcements about PGP2023 will likely be in Fall 2023. Nobody has any idea how PGP2023 will be run. Whether IRCC will continue to use the existing list of EOI until exhausted or whether they will ask for new EOIs to be submitted. Whether there will be a prioritization system for new EOIs favouring those who have waited the longest, etc.

haddad287

Nov 11, 2020
No. Maybe not. IRCC has to take care of the 157000 backlogged applications first. In 2022 they were able to invite only 14% of the people out of 157000 who applied for EOI in 2020. It might take another 9-10 years to clear the backlog and sending new Invites. Till then Super Visa is your best bet. Plus its way faster than PGP sponsorship process.
where did u get those stats from? 9-10 years to clear the backlog?

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
hi all. I am qualified to submit an interest to invite my parents under PGP but the program hasn't been accepting new interests for the past couple of years. This year let's say they open it up and I do submit the interest to apply, I want to know after how many years are my chances to get selected from the pool to apply for my parents' PR? 1 year, 2 years...5 years?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi all. I am qualified to submit an interest to invite my parents under PGP but the program hasn't been accepting new interests for the past couple of years. This year let's say they open it up and I do submit the interest to apply, I want to know after how many years are my chances to get selected from the pool to apply for my parents' PR? 1 year, 2 years...5 years?
No one knows for sure since the program hasn't been opened yet. If it's the same as before, it would be 3 years i.e. 2020, 2021, 2022. (since 2023 NOA would not be available yet if they start to accept interest to sponsor at the end of 2023)
But this is based on a lot of assumptions.

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
@YVR123 I am not asking for eligibility, I know that past three years NOA count in order to be eligible. What I am asking is once I have submitted the interest to sponsor, how many years it takes for me to get selected to apply for parents’ PR?
I have heard its not completely random, they invite those who have been in the pool the longest first

tdotaudio

Oct 27, 2020
@YVR123 I am not asking for eligibility, I know that past three years NOA count in order to be eligible. What I am asking is once I have submitted the interest to sponsor, how many years it takes for me to get selected to apply for parents’ PR?
I have heard its not completely random, they invite those who have been in the pool the longest first
You're going to have to wait to see if you get the lottery ticket to qualify to submit the interest to sponsor. But they might change the program entirely. But assuming they continue drawing from the 2020 pool (and you're in that pool), mathematically they might make it through those within the next 4-5 years, I believe people estimated those numbers. But, and this is a big but...Nobody knows if they're going to change up the program this coming year. So it's anybody's guess, really. And unfortunately if you're not in the 2020 pool AND they go through those before giving anyone else a chance, it'll be at least those 4-5 years before you might be able to apply to get the lottery ticket.

The truth is nobody knows other than the insiders. And every guess you'll hear people say here is simply that - a guess. I'm in the 2020 pool and we've struck out every time so far. We're still hopeful, of course. But also realistic and have started to plan assuming it'll never happen. And if it does, that's bonus. But it stinks and I do feel bad for the government and everyone involved because there's really no good way out of this mess. Either you treat the 2020 pool unfairly and others get to jump the line. Or you keep everyone else on hold and deny them any opportunity, which is also unfair in a way. Meanwhile all of us and our parents and grandparents get older and we are all robbed of precious time together. It's a really unfortunate situation. Good luck!

cocoa_butter

May 24, 2023
No one knows for sure since the program hasn't been opened yet. If it's the same as before, it would be 3 years i.e. 2020, 2021, 2022. (since 2023 NOA would not be available yet if they start to accept interest to sponsor at the end of 2023)
But this is based on a lot of assumptions.
Not sure what the approach would be for 2023 intake. For 2020 interest to sponsor pool alone is made up of 155,313 applicants with only 23,100 invitations sent.

cocoa_butter

May 24, 2023
Usually second half of the year. October of 2022 is when they announced 2022 intake. Not sure if they will be taking new interests or deal with 150,000 left one first come, first serve basis