+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2022 - Information Letter with asking for Passport - New Medical condition

pgp2022dec

Feb 9, 2024
Hello,
We applied for my Mother in law (primary) and Father in law (Dependent) in Dec 2022. We got medical and PCC in Dec end and Medicals done and passed Jan 15, 2024 per my CIC account.

My Father in law had an angioplasty almost 17 yrs ago and it was mentioned to the panel physician. ECG was normal, he takes his Blood pressure and diabetic medication. He is 68. Last week he had breathing issues with erractic ECG and he was admitted to the hospital back home. They did the Angioplasty again and doctor found he has valve blockage on heart valves at almost 100% and the third valve cleared. But the 4th valve status is not known and they are doing another angioplasty in the next week to check it.
Post procedure, the doctors may opt for bypass valve surgery or insert stent to clear the blockage.

Today we received the Information Letter in My CIC account from New Delhi Visa Office which states 2 steps to be completed within 30 days
Step 1: Changes in circumstances - family composition due to divorce, separation etc or death of spouse or Change in health - to be communicated using webform
Step 2: Passport Requirements - To follow if need a Visa to Canada - submit passport with photo to NDVO or eta process.

The question is - The ECG didn't show any issues and he passed medical. We are sending the webform about his recent health issue. But does a bypass procedure or stent will cause a rejection, my father in law is the dependent?
He is not keen on moving but atleast we would like our mother in law to move if possible in her future.

Do we send the webform and also do we need to send the passport to the new delhi office at the same time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
We applied for my Mother in law (primary) and Father in law (Dependent) in Dec 2022. We got medical and PCC in Dec end and Medicals done and passed Jan 15, 2024 per my CIC account.

My Father in law had an angioplasty almost 17 yrs ago and it was mentioned to the panel physician. ECG was normal, he takes his Blood pressure and diabetic medication. He is 68. Last week he had breathing issues with erractic ECG and he was admitted to the hospital back home. They did the Angioplasty again and doctor found he has valve blockage on heart valves at almost 100% and the third valve cleared. But the 4th valve status is not known and they are doing another angioplasty in the next week to check it.
Post procedure, the doctors may opt for bypass valve surgery or insert stent to clear the blockage.

Today we received the Information Letter in My CIC account from New Delhi Visa Office which states 2 steps to be completed within 30 days
Step 1: Changes in circumstances - family composition due to divorce, separation etc or death of spouse or Change in health - to be communicated using webform
Step 2: Passport Requirements - To follow if need a Visa to Canada - submit passport with photo to NDVO or eta process.

The question is - The ECG didn't show any issues and he passed medical. We are sending the webform about his recent health issue. But does a bypass procedure or stent will cause a rejection, my father in law is the dependent?
He is not keen on moving but atleast we would like our mother in law to move if possible in her future.

Do we send the webform and also do we need to send the passport to the new delhi office at the same time?
It is impossible to say whether his medical condition will impact approval. If he has procedure/surgery in your home country to address the current issues and does not need surgery in Canada that would likely have a big impact on chances of approval. You should include a letter from his treating physician about current medical issues and prognosis. ECG just shows the electrical activity of the heart and is a very basic test so IRCC will want more information about his cardiac health.