+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021 Round 2 (Sep 2021 batch)

Mar 2, 2022
ghost email is just a lingo that all folks use here.
so the so called ghost email, states nothing, but it only states that you application has been updated etc.
on recpt of this email we can assume an officer is working on our application
Thanks for the clarification.
Basically I'm a month behind your timeline

Mar 2, 2022
Another question, sorry.
For those who have not received the 'ghost email', or those who have but might remember before you did:
Could you 'click' on 'view' next to your submitted application in the IRCC website? or was it greyed-out?

gopalv

Sep 30, 2021
Another question, sorry.
For those who have not received the 'ghost email', or those who have but might remember before you did:
Could you 'click' on 'view' next to your submitted application in the IRCC website? or was it greyed-out?
It’s greyed out for me. Application submission date Nov/29. No ghost email or update yet.

Rubydairy

Star Member
Jan 12, 2017
Question please: I submitted my parents application on November 26. No update yet and I've not been able to link the application. I understand that this application, if successful, can take up to 2 years to complete but I want my parents to come visit this year. Is it advisable to apply for a visiting visa while waiting for the PGP? If yes, is it advisable to apply for the 2 years visa or the super visa (if you have reasons please include).

memories

Star Member
Nov 4, 2019
HI All, anyone in similar time line. I submitted application on 3 NOV 2021. I see people talking about ghost email. I did not receive any ghost email update till date.
I tried linking application in GC key but no luck. its been 4 months and no acknowledgment till now. Is it normal ? can we raise webform to know whats going on with application ?

I see some are getting ghost update who submitted application after Nov 3. are everyone suppose to get ghost update ?

Stars2022

Feb 23, 2022
HI All, anyone in similar time line. I submitted application on 3 NOV 2021. I see people talking about ghost email. I did not receive any ghost email update till date.
I tried linking application in GC key but no luck. its been 4 months and no acknowledgment till now. Is it normal ? can we raise webform to know whats going on with application ?

I see some are getting ghost update who submitted application after Nov 3. are everyone suppose to get ghost update ?
It is impossible to link when application status is submitted. These who received ghost email without email for updating documents can link the application, it means the status of application is completed and FN is assigned. I applied in Oct 04, still waiting for ghost email..

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
If I'm sponsoring both my parents and they have dependents (4 of my siblings), do I have to show finances to sponsor all 6 of them, or can I sponsor my parents and my parents show finances to sponsor my parents? I don't know how else I can bring my family here. I just got my PR, there's no way I'll meet the finances requirement to sponsor 6 people.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If I'm sponsoring both my parents and they have dependents (4 of my siblings), do I have to show finances to sponsor all 6 of them, or can I sponsor my parents and my parents show finances to sponsor my parents? I don't know how else I can bring my family here. I just got my PR, there's no way I'll meet the finances requirement to sponsor 6 people.naptube vidmate
The whole point of having a minimum income for the previous 3 years is to make sure that the sponsor can support the family members moving to Canada. You need to have them undertaking for 20 years.

So you will need to work for 3 years and get enough income to sponsor family size of 7 people (assuming that you are single).
There is never a garantee that you can bring your parents and sibling to Canada. Under IRCC definiation, they are your additional family memebers (not immediate family, which is your spouse and children.)

PreetD

Mar 15, 2022
yes i linked it today and my frnd he was also able to link.
my timelines- invite recvd in sep 2021, app submitted on Nov 6, 2021, and then got ghost email on 6 feb 2022 and on 2nd march i was able to link.

I used UCI number and family name and then passport details of the applicant to link
Hi,
We applied on Oct 18 and got a request for some missing documents on Dec 7. I received and email on March 9 that appliCation status has been updated on PR portal account. I check everyday since that date, but there is no update on PR portal.
Any idea what should I do?
Thanks

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
yes i linked it today and my frnd he was also able to link.
my timelines- invite recvd in sep 2021, app submitted on Nov 6, 2021, and then got ghost email on 6 feb 2022 and on 2nd march i was able to link.

I used UCI number and family name and then passport details of the applicant to link
Hi what number did you use for family size? and did you use your Sponsor UCI number or Principal Applicant UCI number?

PreetD

Mar 15, 2022
Hi what number did you use for family size? and did you use your Sponsor UCI number or Principal Applicant UCI number?
My family size is 3. Me and my parents.
I am not sure which UCI was used by my consultant. Is that a concern?
I received and email on March 9 that appliCation status has been updated on PR portal account. But, no update on Portal? Do I need to just wait?
Did anyone else got an email like this too?

Reactions: smjafri

quujaz

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Hi, If I'm sponsoring only one parent( parents still married), on section 3 of the IMM0008 (how many family members,including you are in this application) should I put 1 or 2(include my other parent who is not applying for PR)? Thank you

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi, If I'm sponsoring only one parent( parents still married), on section 3 of the IMM0008 (how many family members,including you are in this application) should I put 1 or 2(include my other parent who is not applying for PR)? Thank you
2 suppose no other dependant children.
and i believe the online form doesn't have this field any longer. makes sense as they have a final say in # of ppl in this application. you just need to provide all details.

Reactions: quujaz and YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You have to sponsor both patents although one can be non-accompanying. There is no option to sponsor one parent. You must meet LICO including both parents and both parents must pass the medical.

Reactions: quujaz and YVR123