+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021 Round 2 (Sep 2021 batch)

vakhbhav

May 4, 2021
Hi All. I applied under PGP 2021 for my parents in last week of October 2021. I received an email from CIC as acknowledgement and application number last week.

How do I link my application or how do I check the status of the application?

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
As a lot of applicants is finding difficulties to link their app to MyCIC account, I've made some suggestions based on those who successfully linked their app to their online account. Although this is focused on PGP applications, it may work for other applications as well.

MyCIC Account (CIC Online Account):
"MyCIC (Online Account) is another CIC portal to check the status of your PGP app and receive messages. It's different from E-Cas as it has more details on app status, real-time updates, client communication capabilities of uploading required docs and receiving CIC messages. It requires GCKey or Sign-In Partner login credentials which you can freely have by registering first. It's preferred that you create an account under Principal Applicant's (PA) name.

Once you have an account, you can try linking your existing PGP app with your account. This is very tricky as you need to populate an entire online form with PA's info. In most cases, everything has to match exactly the way you filled the original app. Moreover, you get only 5 attempts a day to find your app in the system. Note that, once you successfully link your PGP app with your account, you may only receive CIC messages here and may not receive any email in future.

Tips (tips are mostly taken from forum members):
1) After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button. Choose Permanent Residence in category and Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
2) There are 4 different combinations you can select in app details. You can try all combo, but I would recommend App No. & Family Name.
3) Sometimes leaving city and country of birth fields empty work.
4) In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. Sometime leaving the entire passport fields blank work.
5) Match the city and province name you entered in the original app. Leaving them blank work sometimes as well.
6) The most tricky part is the Number of Family Members. In most cases, this needs to match exactly how you declared your family size in the original app. For a family of 6 (sponsor+sponsor's spouse+2 kids+both parents), this can work for any number from 4 to 6. Most of the time it works excluding kids. So, you have to try all numbers within the range. You can also try leaving the field blank.
7) As I've seen, it takes several tries to successfully link the app. So, have patience and good luck!!!

Relevant Links:
1) MyCIC login page
2) How to link app to MyCIC
3) CIC stated reasons for failure to link app to MyCIC
4) How to view messages in MyCIC account

Reactions: rndhr

sara10022

Jun 2, 2022
Hello guys,
I submitted my application on November 2021 for my father.
I received medical letter on April 2022.
yesterday (6/1/2022) I received a letter from IRCC asking me to provide CSQ (I live in Quebec).
I have not applied for CSQ yet. I have 30 days to give them my father CSQ.
I don't think this is doable in 30 days.
I can send my documents in 3 days but I am not sure they give me the CSQ before 30days.
can this cause refusal of my father application ?

Thanks in advanced.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hello guys,
I submitted my application on November 2021 for my father.
I received medical letter on April 2022.
yesterday (6/1/2022) I received a letter from IRCC asking me to provide CSQ (I live in Quebec).
I have not applied for CSQ yet. I have 30 days to give them my father CSQ.
I don't think this is doable in 30 days.
I can send my documents in 3 days but I am not sure they give me the CSQ before 30days.
can this cause refusal of my father application ?

Thanks in advanced.
definitely wont happen in 30 days : We are currently reviewing the undertaking applications for a father mother, grandfather or grandmother received on December 15, 2021. so when you apply and pay ,you have your proof of the transaction ,and what you should do is notify IRCC of the delay before the end of 30 days ,taking in consideration that IRCC is aware of the delays and timelines .

Reactions: sara10022

sara10022

Jun 2, 2022
definitely wont happen in 30 days : We are currently reviewing the undertaking applications for a father mother, grandfather or grandmother received on December 15, 2021. so when you apply and pay ,you have your proof of the transaction ,and what you should do is notify IRCC of the delay before the end of 30 days ,taking in consideration that IRCC is aware of the delays and timelines .
Thanks for your answer.
Can you clarify how can I notify IRCC with proof of transaction ?
you mean , sending an email to IRCC ?

Mar 2, 2022
I have yet to receive the 'Ghost' email, but received a request for additional documents about 4 weeks ago.
The request had the application number starting with XF000
Question for those in-the-know, is this a valid application number, or will it change once I get the 'Ghost' email?
TIA

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
I have yet to receive the 'Ghost' email, but received a request for additional documents about 4 weeks ago.
Question for those in-the-know, is this a valid application number, or will it change once I get the 'Ghost' email?
TIA
its a temporary file number ,awaiting the confirmation on the additional documents that you sent .

Reactions: jeffporfirio102

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
TIA
X indicate it's temporary. However, the actual file # is the same without the X. The X will be dropped when your file is considered complete.

anees28991

Jun 30, 2022
TIA
@jeffporfirio102 I too received an email asking to send additional document from IRCC. I sent them through email indicated in the letter. Have you got confirmation from them that documents they asked have been received?

sara10022

Jun 2, 2022
Guys , a question, I just received my father's CSQ. (PGP 2021 and quebec)
What should I do? should I send the CSQ to IRCC ?

KST2022

Aug 12, 2022
Hi guys .. i apploed in nov 2021 and received the autoresponse but havent receivwd an AOR yet. Ia anyine else alao in the same boat ??