+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021 Round 2 (Sep 2021 batch)

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
@erkaler I have one question:
Suppose I am eligible to apply for this sponsorship 3 years from now, can I express my interest next year, when they open the portals again or is it that I can express my interest only when I am eligible, that is after paying 3 years of taxes.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
@erkaler I have one question:
Suppose I am eligible to apply for this sponsorship 3 years from now, can I express my interest next year, when they open the portals again or is it that I can express my interest only when I am eligible, that is after paying 3 years of taxes.
When you fill in the interest to sponsor form, they will ask if you fulfill the income requirement to sponsor. At that point, your previous 3 years income, usually note by the NOA line 15000 (or whatever the requirement by that time) has to meet the requirement.

So, do not express your interest unless you are eligible at that point.

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted file on Oct 21.

Feel free to ask questions.
Hi,
Can you please tell me what kind of information did you added in CV for parents, my mother is home maker and dad is retired. Any information is greatly appreciated

And did you got file number its almost a month so asking.

mehulmistry4

May 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-11-2021
Nomination.....
28-09-2021
Invitation to Apply: September 28, 2021 13:30 ET
File submitted: November 16, 2021

Did Anybody receive the AOR?

sz_2018

Aug 12, 2021
Hi,

When is the deadline for submitting the application if you got the invitation letter? One part of the letter says "60 days from the date of this email" and another part specifies "Dec 6, 2021 before 11:59PM EST". So which one is the deadline?

Meatplus.ca

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
Hi ,
My parents got invited to apply for pgp and I qualify but do I have to maintain my income untill they get pr ? If yes how much is the minimum cut off for 7 family members for 2021 income ? Please help.

abhijeetwadhwa

Jan 17, 2017
@Meatplus.ca (As per my understanding) Yes but you may not be accessed again ;)

Here
Do I (the sponsor) have to continue to meet the income requirements during the processing of the application?
If new information indicates that you may no longer meet the income requirements, your income may be reassessed at any time during processing. Your income could also be reassessed if more than 12 months have passed between the dates since we received your application and when processing of the application begins.
You and your co-signer, if applicable, must meet the amounts outlined in the Income for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship from the date on which IRCC receives your sponsorship application until the day your family members become permanent residents of Canada.

I further understand that due to impact of COVID19, IRCC will consider the income of 2020 instead of 2021 for the intake of PGP2021. I believe that implicitly that indicates that there will not be a cutoff list for 2021 and you should be okay for 2021.

I am not an expert though and this is based on my understanding so please get this verified.

Last edited:

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Has anyone received AOR for PGP 2021 applications. I submitted my application on Nov/3/2021 and I just received a default ack that the application is received. No info as of now - whether the application is complete to the satisfaction of Immigration

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
My parents got invited to apply for pgp and I qualify but do I have to maintain my income untill they get pr ? If yes how much is the minimum cut off for 7 family members for 2021 income ? Please help.
You must always continue to meet LICO while your application is being processed. Impossible to say whether LICO will be increased but there is a decent chance it will go back to prepandemic levels.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Meatplus.ca (As per my understanding) Yes but you may not be accessed again ;)

Here

I further understand that due to impact of COVID19, IRCC will consider the income of 2020 instead of 2021 for the intake of PGP2021. I believe that implicitly that indicates that there will not be a cutoff list for 2021 and you should be okay for 2021.

I am not an expert though and this is based on my understanding so please get this verified.
No you must meet LICO for your family size every year. LICO levels are announced every year. They will likely be going up because they were reduced drastically due to covid and we are experiencing inflation. You will still need to support your parents through any troubles so it is important that you be able to show that you meet LICO which is very low already,

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Has anyone from the Sept batch been able to link their application to GCKey?
yes i linked it today and my frnd he was also able to link.
my timelines- invite recvd in sep 2021, app submitted on Nov 6, 2021, and then got ghost email on 6 feb 2022 and on 2nd march i was able to link.

I used UCI number and family name and then passport details of the applicant to link

Mar 2, 2022
yes i linked it today and my frnd he was also able to link.
my timelines- invite recvd in sep 2021, app submitted on Nov 6, 2021, and then got ghost email on 6 feb 2022 and on 2nd march i was able to link.

I used UCI number and family name and then passport details of the applicant to link
Thanks.
I received the invite on 27/Sept and Submitted app on 03/Dec.
Haven't received the 'ghost' email yet. What does the 'ghost' email contain?

sanketpurnima

Star Member
May 28, 2017
Thanks.
I received the invite on 27/Sept and Submitted app on 03/Dec.
Haven't received the 'ghost' email yet. What does the 'ghost' email contain?
ghost email is just a lingo that all folks use here.
so the so called ghost email, states nothing, but it only states that you application has been updated etc.
on recpt of this email we can assume an officer is working on our application

Reactions: jeffporfirio102