+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hello Group Members. I need your suggestion and experience . My dad received request for police clearance report from home country as well as FBI fingerprint USA as he lives there, document to be submitted before january 5th 2022. This is the 3rd time my dad's fbi report request has been rejected as his fingerprint could not be detected.we went through FBI approved channeller and fingerprint machine was used to submit electronic request.(Not the manual fill up of fingerprint form) yet ,still fingerprint could not be detected. My dad has medical issues with Red palm hands, may be if that is the issue. my question is
1) how do i request extension of timeline as deadline to submit report is approaching soon.
2) Has anyone gone through similar situation? i am thinking i should manually take his fingerprint of each thumb utilizing standard fingerprint form but i am not sure there might still be issue. what should i do in this situation any idea.

I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hello Group Members. I need your suggestion and experience . My dad received request for police clearance report from home country as well as FBI fingerprint USA as he lives there, document to be submitted before january 5th 2022. This is the 3rd time my dad's fbi report request has been rejected as his fingerprint could not be detected.we went through FBI approved channeller and fingerprint machine was used to submit electronic request.(Not the manual fill up of fingerprint form) yet ,still fingerprint could not be detected. My dad has medical issues with Red palm hands, may be if that is the issue. my question is
1) how do i request extension of timeline as deadline to submit report is approaching soon.
2) Has anyone gone through similar situation? i am thinking i should manually take his fingerprint of each thumb utilizing standard fingerprint form but i am not sure there might still be issue. what should i do in this situation any idea.

I would very much appreciate it. Thank you!
Hi, sorry to hear your situation. You could request an extension by submitting a webform in the link below. It is better to clearly mention the reason for extension. Based on what I know, you may not receive a reply before your current deadline, but it is better to send a webform and keep a copy of the confirmation email for your records.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
I have co signer,dont think thats the reason for the delay.
Did you check your mail(not email)?i have decision made under sponsor status in the online portal however got a mail confirming my eligibility.
Ohh ok! I thought may be because of co-signer they’re taking so long. It’s still in process in portal from last two months. No decision made yet so no mail☹

prisha55

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Reactions: SAKARUN

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
Hello,
Is there any march applicant who didn’t get medical or biometric request yet?
I Received AOR on Sept 1, nothing after that.
Sponsor app in process since oct 26 no decision made yet.
Yes, App received March 8th. SA letter, Nov 17th.. no news since then. Biometric is completed from a previous visitor visa application.

Reactions: SandhuHarry

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Hello everyone.
Application arrived April 11 at Coca-CPC-M.My parents received medical request on nov 29 ( a day after they got their biometric done for visitor visa application). When I check GCkEy portal, it says we are checking your eligibility.
My concerns is I still didn’t receive sponsor approval mail/email yet.
Does it mean they did not check eligibility yet and requested medical?
Is it normal?
Anybody in similar situation.

dec24: I just found that my parents have passed medical and it got updated just today (their medical appointment was on dec7)
But still there no update on sponsorship approval part.

Last edited:

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi,

I was asked to provide parents

1 voter card/aadhar card as proof of relationship by 9 Dec 2021
2. Police certificate by 9 Dec 2021
both in the same request letter.

I asked for an extension of the Police Certificate which I got and the revised date was 16 Jan 2022. I uploaded all the documents, police certificate, votercard, aadhar card on 24 Dec 2021.
I realized it today that VoterCard/Aadhar card date was still 9 Dec 2021 and gave them these late with Police Certificate.

Will that be an issue ?

Thanks
Silvi

Singh2050

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi folks
PGP 2020
Application received- 11 FEB 2021
AOR- 18 August 2021
Biometric request- 24 Nov 2021 ,biometrics done on 13 December 2021
Medical request- 28 nov 2021 - medical done - 1 December 2021
PCC request - 25 December 2021
They also asked me to provide the current address of principal applicant and dependent. I have current address on file , do I need to inform them ? If yes , how can I inform them ?
Anybody with similar timeline?

Reactions: enigma1984

marslan123

Oct 4, 2021
Hi Everyone,
My parents got biometric request on 24 nov. got their biometric done on 30 nov. biometric number is updated on GC Account with expiry date. But in the status bar under biometric it says “we haven’t got your biometric yet”
What should I do to update the ircc about my parents biometric.
Thanks

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Hi Everyone,
My parents got biometric request on 24 nov. got their biometric done on 30 nov. biometric number is updated on GC Account with expiry date. But in the status bar under biometric it says “we haven’t got your biometric yet”
What should I do to update the ircc about my parents biometric.
Thanks
I think this is normal. My parents received biometric request for visitor visa and got done recently on Nov 28. But it was updated with expiry date in right side box of GC account on both application (visitor and pr). Their status bar hasn’t changed. All this triggered their medical(done on Dec 7 and medical passes updated on Gckey acct on dec 24(on left side of acct and status bar is changed as well).
Biometric status bar is still not updated.

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Hello everyone.
Application arrived April 11 at Coca-CPC-M.My parents received medical request on nov 29 ( a day after they got their biometric done for visitor visa application). When I check GCkEy portal, it says we are checking your eligibility.
My concerns is I still didn’t receive sponsor approval mail/email yet.
Does it mean they did not check eligibility yet and requested medical?
Is it normal?
Anybody in similar situation.

dec24: I just found that my parents have passed medical and it got updated just today (their medical appointment was on dec7)
But still there no update on sponsorship approval part.
Hello Folks
Just an update.
I just checked my mail box. I received sponsorship approval letter. All going well for now.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
sponsor parent and grandparent
2021-02-26, Application delivered to Ottawa
2021-07-29,Linked application to MYCIC account
2021-08-26, AOR
2021-10-14,biometric request
2021-10-20,decision made
2021-10-25, medical request
2021-11-01,biometric completed
2021-11-05, passed medical exam
2021-11-11, request additional documents.
2021-11-24, Received additional documents.
It's interesting that the status is "decision made" even before medical is done. I have also have similar timelines. My application was received on 17th Feb 2021. Biometric and medical in October and additional documents submitted in November. No update since then

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
I have received a Police Clearance certificate (PCC) request for my parents. Can you pls help in addressing following question:

Do we need to get a Police Clearance Certificate for the travel that my parents did back in 2003, 2005, and 2010. In each time they were in the U.S for 2 months. In accumulation with all those three years makes it 6 mons.

Do we need to provide a PCC from US for that 6 mons? - if you have the answer pls include a link.

Pls help
Thanks
Yes if the total is 6 months( even if after adding the duration of multiple visits) you need to submit PCC from that country. I had to submit PCC from UK as my parents visited UK twice for 4 months