+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello everyone, just wanted to check the procedure of PCC from India. I remember when I applied for my PR application a few years ago, they stamped my passport and provided the PCC on the same day. However, when my parents went there today to obtain a PCC, neither did they stamp the passport nor provided the PCC on the spot. The passport officer told them that it will come in the mail after the police will visit for verification.
The Indian Government has changed the PCC application process for Indian nationals residing in India to a self-help model where applicants can apply for a PCC online through the Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) website. These are the steps involved in applying for a PCC through PSK:

• Create a profile in PSK’s website
  • Complete the online application form, pay the fee and schedule an appointment to submit the documents to the nearest PSK
  • Submit the documents at PSK: You must personally submit your documents
  • Police verification: Personal presence is mandatory
  • Collect the PCC from PSK: It may be collected in person. There is also an option to have the PCC dispatched directly to the applicant’s address from the PSK via registered/speed post
On average it takes 15 - 20 working days from the date of submission of the application to receive a response.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello folks, yesterday I raised webform requesting for extension to submit PCC (India) for my mum as she traveled to Canada on Oct 7th and her deadline to submit PCC is Nov 26th.
Her aapointment with BLS is Nov 12th, hence requested for extension.
Today, I received response to webform that they have forwarded the info to the responsible office. In the same email, there are couple of helpful links which also includes Change of Address link here https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=coa
My question is very basic but still confirming. I had emailed changed address for my mum, but did not submit above form for change in address. Shall I still submit above form with my mum's UCI details or raise a webform?
The applicant’s address can be seen in ECAS. Do you see updated address there? If not, you can change address from ECAS. There is a link to update home address on ECAS.

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Today I received AOR letter in email. The PGP application was submitted in March 2021. The letter has UCI number and application number. The UCI number is different than I have expected. I was thinking the UCI number will be the same as other applications I have done for my parents.
Well, I am still not able to link the application to my online account. I have tried 5 times with and failed so I have to wait for 24 hours.

I checked the status of the application and it says "we receive your application on ". I was expecting " in process" status.

Do you guys have in process status ?
what is next for the application? I wonder why I am not able to link it to online account. any idea?
  1. Make sure your Ecas Status is available before linking to myCIC. ( you cannot link to myCIC if Ecas not available).
  2. After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button.
      • Choose Permanent Residence in category &
      • Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  3. Application Details: use suitable option . if you don't have File# use UCI # and Family name of Principal Applicant OR family name , Given name and DOB option and enter Principal Applicant details.
  4. Application Personal Information: Passport or Place of birth . In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
  5. Other Application Information: Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? Match the city and province name you entered in the original application. and PA maritial status.
  6. count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] do not count kids + [PA + if Dep]
  7. open Link to see more details.
The system will only link an application if the information you enter matches the application exactly. Make sure you don’t have any extra spaces before or after what you type into each field.

Also check
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1226&top=23

Garrysanghera

Sep 23, 2018
Hi guys, I just received my AOR in mail today.
Application received - 16th March,, 2021
Additional document requested- 07th august, 2021
AOR received- 9th Nov, 2021
Just a question ,Does on AOR does it say only one parent name?

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hi guys, I just received my AOR in mail today.
Application received - 16th March,, 2021
Additional document requested- 07th august, 2021
AOR received- 9th Nov, 2021
Just a question ,Does on AOR does it say only one parent name?
Yes it will show principal applicant’s name and the other parent will be the dependent. If you check sponsor ECAS , it will show the dependent’s name along with principal applicant name.

milansaha

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5/5/2014
Nomination.....
17/6/2014
AOR Received.
14/8/2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
14/8/2014
Med's Request
11/11/2014
Med's Done....
16/11/2014 <br/>Decision Made: 15/12/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23/12/2104<br/>Passport Sent: 29/12/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/01/2015<br/>Passport Collected: 14/01/2015
LANDED..........
30/01/2015
Hi Guys,

My parents got Boimetrics request yesterday. Their passport which was used at the time of application is going to expire in next 10 days i.e Nov 20th. It has still validity of 10 more days. They applied to get new passport few days back and already got new passport delivered in hand yesterday . Now should we complete the biometrics with the old passport ? Or they should update the passport information in CIC and then go for biometrics with the new passports ? Any thoughts ?

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Hello all,

Received an request from CIC to send DETAILS OF GOVERNMENT EMPLOYMENT form. In that I see a) # Ranks between you and Minister b) Total # ranks in department . Im not sure how to answer this question. My dad worked for Tamilnadu Electricity Board ( TNEB). Any suggestions? I cant find complete organisation chart for TNEB anywhere .

gpranav

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR
IELTS Request
Filed with Application
File Transfer...
31-10-2012
Med's Request
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-05-2013, Med's received on 17-05-2013
Passport Req..
18-06-2013, Passport submitted on 09/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
09/07/2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully in September 2013
Just got the AOR. After months and months of waiting! (Package received on March. 5th, 2021)
Same with me. I even thought that they would have misplaced the application.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perla2015

PEHAT

Nov 2, 2021
Vancouver, BC
What does "Submitted" - application Status mean?

It is confusing, what was Submitted on Oct 14 2021? I didn't submit anything.
I received AOR on Sep 03 2021 (CPC-Mississauga), that's it .

gen_z

May 23, 2018

I received AOR on Sep 03 2021 (CPC-Mississauga), that's it ‍♂

I have the same status showing in my account.

I think it doesnt really mean anything other than your application has been submitted :)

When they send you request letters (for PCC and medicals and things), this status will temporarily change to something like "requesting documents" or something like that, i forgot the exact wording.

Reactions: PEHAT

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I received AOR on Sep 03 2021 (CPC-Mississauga), that's it .

What does it show when you click on Check full application status?

asadonline167

Jun 7, 2014
Hello Guys,

I have a question regarding PGP 2020, I have got invitation to apply for my parents and have submitted the application in March and then I was asked for some additional documents in May which I submitted in May, but I am still waiting for Acknowledgment Of Receipt.

Application Submitted: March 2021
Additional documents requested and submitted: May 2021
Acknowledgment Of Receipt : still waiting

Is there any one still waiting like me or is there anything I need to do, to check my application status?

Any help in that would highly appreciated.

Thanks
Just got my AOR yesterday after a long wait

Application Submitted: March 2021
Additional documents requested and submitted: May 2021
Acknowledgment Of Receipt : November 9th 2021

Reactions: sbbrampton