+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
This is what I got as the sponsorship approval letter. Do I need to wait for a separate email or is this good to apply for CSQ ?
Please advise.
Thank you

Dear Sir/Madam,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf
of XXXX and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for
Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was
selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and
Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you may find contact information for that
visa office at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to
you.
Provincial Requirements for Residents of Quebec
If you are a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to
the Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de
l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) website at www.immigration-
quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms

and promptly submit them to the MIFI at the address provided in the provincial guide. Do not
submit any of the MIFI forms to this office as they will only be returned to you.
You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIFI. If you
received this communication via email, you may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking
application to MIFI.
For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec
General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191.
Hello,

If your parents are still in India, why does it say that "it will be processed in CPC-Mississauga"? Shouldn't it have been somewhere in India? Lastly, did you get a request for PCC or did you submit it proactively?

kparents

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
Yesterday, I got the email confirming that "I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor" and accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for my relative will be forwarded to my region's visa office for further processing.

Application Received on 4th February 2021 and parent already have valid biometrics.

Reactions: Arvi_48

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Hello,

If your parents are still in India, why does it say that "it will be processed in CPC-Mississauga"? Shouldn't it have been somewhere in India? Lastly, did you get a request for PCC or did you submit it proactively?
Hi
I got the same letter yesterday with same Mississauga office. Also my parents are currently in India. I guess that’s the standard process. Also they are asking for pcc in this letter.

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Hi
I got the same letter yesterday with same Mississauga office. Also my parents are currently in India. I guess that’s the standard process. Also they are asking for pcc in this letter.
Same thing for me

Reactions: KAUSHAL321

popjess

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
I received email that the application was selected to process at CPC- Mississauga, but my parents are in home country now....

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
I'm in an opposite situation - parent here, application sent elsewhere. What happens when the application is approved? can you send your passport to another country?

Reactions: ravenous071

Arvi_48

Apr 4, 2018
My parents in India, applied from India, application is being processed at CPC- Mississuaga, so should be a standard process.

Arvi_48

Apr 4, 2018
If senior members can help please : Can my parents travel to Canada on their Super Visa's with no impact to their PR application which is in processing status as of today??? I do understand I may need to inform IRCC of the travel, but anything else I am missing here??

open

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-apr-2014
AOR Received.
30-apr-2014
If senior members can help please : Can my parents travel to Canada on their Super Visa's with no impact to their PR application which is in processing status as of today??? I do understand I may need to inform IRCC of the travel, but anything else I am missing here??
1. There is no impact on their PR application if they are travelling to Canada.
2. There is no need to inform IRCC as they will automatically know when they meet the CBSA officer at Port of entry.
3. There is nothing else you are missing here.

Reactions: Arvi_48

winterc11

Jan 7, 2021
Hello,

I received a similar email from CIC saying I'm eligible as a sponsor.
Should I apply for PCC for my parents? they are currently with me in Canada.
Thank you

Reactions: gen_z

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
I'm in an opposite situation - parent here, application sent elsewhere. What happens when the application is approved? can you send your passport to another country?
@dalsy2 ........I'm in the same situation as you. I assume you should be ok though but I cannot confirm as this situation is a bit puzzling, so please note that this is simply my opinion and should not be taken/interpreted as any form of advice .
I suppose your parents can do medicals here in Canada and it'll be sent to the Non-Canadian visa office, Police clearance, etc I assume can also be sent outbound. At least this is what I am thinking in my head but senior members please also chime in, as this is indeed quite unique and a bit confusing that CIC are doing the processing this way.

Last edited: