+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I'm trying to link the application I sent by mail to the IRCC account.

The only information I can give to link the account to the application is my payment receipt number R#########.

however it is not able to find any application with the information I have entered, I have sent in the application in late Feb 2021.

should I be worried? I have not received any confirmation from IRCC that they have received the application still.

(FYI my MIL is currently here on a super visa, her passport is about to expire in November 2021, we are worried that we'll have to go through super visa
application process again to keep her here to help us with our new baby.)
Is your MIL able to renew her passport from Canada? How long has she been in Canada? When does her supervisa expire?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all

I faced a question re financial document for my parent. I will put my documents. But, my parents' bank accounts are shared 50/50 between them, would this be a problem? Should I ask them to seperate them? Can you please advise ?

Also will the 6 months with transactions required, or just remaining of balance?
All you need to do is specify that it is a joint account. Assume both their names are on the account. Not all couples have joint accounts so that’s why there is that option.

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
All you need to do is specify that it is a joint account. Assume both their names are on the account. Not all couples have joint accounts so that’s why there is that option.
Thanks, so should I explain it in the letter of explanation or just putting their accounts will be enough?

Also will the 6 month transactions be required or just the balance?Thanks again for your input

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks, so should I explain it in the letter of explanation or just putting their accounts will be enough?

Also will the 6 month transactions be required or just the balance?Thanks again for your input
Would include a short explanation just specifying that they share joint finances as a married couple. If the accounts are only in one name I would suggest putting both names if possible. If not possible would include that your father gives your mother access to all his accounts or the other way around.

Reactions: Parisuzy

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Would include a short explanation just specifying that they share joint finances as a married couple. If the accounts are only in one name I would suggest putting both names if possible. If not possible would include that your father gives your mother access to all his accounts or the other way around.
Thanks so much. Do you recommend putting 6 month transaction also or just the remaining balance?

Perla2015

Jan 29, 2015
Applied for my parents and all I've received till now is a letter from CIC asking for resending one of the forms (I got the email 3-4 months ago). Nothing after that! Is that normal? Anyone else experiencing radio silence from IRCC?

AmericanCanadian007

Aug 21, 2020
Does anyone know for Quebec PGP applicants, do individuals have to apply for Quebec sponsorship first (after IRCC approval for sponsor eligibility offcourse) and once approved and received CSQ, only after that apply for PR to IRCC or can individuals apply for sponsorship and PR at the same time to IRCC like other provinces while waiting on Quebec CSQ to be approved?I understand sponsor application (1st part) will be handled jointly by IRCC and Quebec. Any insight would be highly appreciated please.

Reactions: gen_z

popjess

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Applied for my parents and all I've received till now is a letter from CIC asking for resending one of the forms (I got the email 3-4 months ago). Nothing after that! Is that normal? Anyone else experiencing radio silence from IRCC?
I would like to say the same as you.

No new letter from IRCC after requesting document.
Online status is in Process, but no other progress...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Processing times are 18-24+ months these days. They are still approving 2019 files.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
Hi - My application was received on February 23, 2021 but I still haven't gotten the Application Number.
Are people still waiting, whose application was delivered around that time?

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Hi - My application was received on February 23, 2021 but I still haven't gotten the Application Number.
Are people still waiting, whose application was delivered around that time?
My file received on feb 24 and i start to see on ecas status july 2 and i also successfully link the account . Since then no update.

Binree

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
What status do you see and how did you link the account without the application number? Thanks for the reply.
I saw on online ecas application received and link account in process . I open gckey account and link account from my parent UCI no and date of birth details .