+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

gen_z

May 23, 2018
Mine is still shown as:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 2, 2021.
I think there are 2 columns, one for the sponsor and one for the applicant.

under the sponsor one, it probably shows that it has started processing, but under the applicant one, it just shows that application has been received.

my guess is that they will check eligibilty of the sponsor first, and only after confirming that the sponsor is eligible to sponsor, they would start to look at the applicant :) Hence, the discrepency between the 2 different status under the sponsor and the applicant

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
Hi all,
Can my parents go ahead for PCC in India before requested by IRCC to save the timeframe. As pcc is valid for 6 months.
1. If yes, upon requested by IRCC how I can share PCC with them. Should i upload with my linked application.
2. Can pcc be requested without any paper from IRCC or to apply for pcc do i need to submit the requested document from IRCC.
Thanks in advance
You can definitely request PCC in advance, some countries may take awhile to process your request. Don't need any papers from IRCC. There is a helpful tool on where and how to request it on this website (use the dropdown menu to select your country/countries). Hope this helps!
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how.html

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
I think there are 2 columns, one for the sponsor and one for the applicant.

under the sponsor one, it probably shows that it has started processing, but under the applicant one, it just shows that application has been received.

my guess is that they will check eligibilty of the sponsor first, and only after confirming that the sponsor is eligible to sponsor, they would start to look at the applicant :) Hence, the discrepency between the 2 different status under the sponsor and the applicant
Yes, you are right. Mine is also on application started on Aug 10, 2021 under sponsership column. thanks for clarification.

Reactions: gen_z

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Looking for some suggestions/advice.
I've applied for PGP 2020 and my application is in progress for my Father.
I currently live and work in Ontario and therefore, for all questions in the applications forms as to where the Main Applicant (i.e., my Father) will reside, I listed 'Ontario'.
Now, I am switching jobs and plan to move to Alberta by end of this year, where I will live and my father will also come with me and live with me in Alberta. I highly doubt his PR will be approved before I move across to Alberta from Ontario.

What are the steps do I have to take now to inform IRCC that my father's intended place of living will be changed and how will it impact the sponsorship application (please note that I will still be meet the LICO requirements for the new job, hence no change from that perspective)?

Thank you kindly for any advice.

Cheers.
Frank
No need to notify until you move.

Reactions: ravenous071

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
I don't think you need to notify IRCC at all. As per my own experience when I applied for myself with my family in 2014 from India for my PR application, In the paper application there was a column that where I would like to go in canada. I mentioned toronto over there for all of yet. And on my visa sticker on passport, destination was printed as toronto. However, we all diretly landed in Edmonton, AB. And no immigration ask us about the change of plan. I guess these are just the general questions on the form.
Even till today, i never visited toronto.

ravenous071

Jan 2, 2012
Thanks @canuck78 . When I move, do I just simply fill the IRCC Online Webform found on the link here to just change my contact information (e.g., mailing info, residential address) and my new employment info (name of my new employer, etc)? or any additional steps come to mind that I may have missed when it comes to my Dad's application.

Thanks @KAUSHAL321 for the feedback.

Thanks both for your time in responding.

Best,
Frank

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I don't think you need to notify IRCC at all. As per my own experience when I applied for myself with my family in 2014 from India for my PR application, In the paper application there was a column that where I would like to go in canada. I mentioned toronto over there for all of yet. And on my visa sticker on passport, destination was printed as toronto. However, we all diretly landed in Edmonton, AB. And no immigration ask us about the change of plan. I guess these are just the general questions on the form.
Even till today, i never visited toronto.
Yes you need to advise IRCC of your change of address and it is even more important that you notify IRCC that you are moving out of Quebec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @canuck78 . When I move, do I just simply fill the IRCC Online Webform found on the link here to just change my contact information (e.g., mailing info, residential address) and my new employment info (name of my new employer, etc)? or any additional steps come to mind that I may have missed when it comes to my Dad's application.

Thanks @KAUSHAL321 for the feedback.

Thanks both for your time in responding.

Best,
Frank
No that should be it.

Aug 23, 2021
Hello, I'm trying to link the application I sent by mail to the IRCC account.

The only information I can give to link the account to the application is my payment receipt number R#########.

however it is not able to find any application with the information I have entered, I have sent in the application in late Feb 2021.

should I be worried? I have not received any confirmation from IRCC that they have received the application still.

(FYI my MIL is currently here on a super visa, her passport is about to expire in November 2021, we are worried that we'll have to go through super visa
application process again to keep her here to help us with our new baby.)

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Thank you so much @hotsalsa

It really helped! One last question.Let’s assume my parents arrive and stay for a full 2 years but left Canada. Now they want to come back. They used 2 years within 10 years. Then should I apply for new supervisa because they are outside or should I ask for extension because it is within 10 years? Many many thanks for your advice and guidance
Hi,

If they want to come back, no need to apply for a new Super Visa or an extension. Why? Because the Super Visa is still valid. Right? So they can just book a ticket and come back to Canada on their valid Super Visa.

You will just need to buy their health insurance for at least a year starting from when they arrive in Canada and keep renewing until they keep living in Canada.

They may be allowed to stay for any time between 6 months to 2 years.

If they want to continue staying in Canada after this time without leaving Canada, apply for a Visitor Record extension but that’s a later thing you can come back to us here with your latest situation.

Apply for a new Super Visa only after their 10 years are over no matter in which country they live.

Reactions: Parisuzy

Parisuzy

Feb 22, 2020
Hi all

I faced a question re financial document for my parent. I will put my documents. But, my parents' bank accounts are shared 50/50 between them, would this be a problem? Should I ask them to seperate them? Can you please advise ?

Also will the 6 months with transactions required, or just remaining of balance?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all

I faced a question re financial document for my parent. I will put my documents. But, my parents' bank accounts are shared 50/50 between them, would this be a problem? Should I ask them to seperate them? Can you please advise ?

Also will the 6 months with transactions required, or just remaining of balance?
They are married couple, it's normal to have joint account. Why do you have to "seperate" them? If you talking about PGP 2020, one of them is the PA and the other is the dependent. You can show the account that they share. They normally don't ask for financial documents of PA for PGP. What did they specially requested?