+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Please don't spread misinformation. It is clearly mentioned in the application guide that you need to send all the pages.
Correct. I just double check the guide for PGP 2020
Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
mountain55 is making some excellent points but there is no harm in sending blank passport pages as well as paying upfront for biometric if one can afford to.

We get that common sense dictates they wouldn’t want to see blank passport pages but the nature of our applications and their implications are huge. So if they’re not being super specific by saying “include all pages” then we include all pages. As simple as that. Better safe than sorry.

Plus I’m aware that my parents’ biometric are valid but because their system cannot make exceptions when applying, they want you to include the fees and once deemed unnecessary they will refund them. I know this sucks but it is what it is. I had read about this via their official twitter handle too. They will refund the fees provided biometric are recent and valid. Some people might’ve included a validity report to avoid biometric fees. That’s great! I’m sure it may work that way as well.

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Please don't spread misinformation. It is clearly mentioned in the application guide that you need to send all the pages.
Start reading checklist properly and dont submit unnecessarily extra papers, IRCC people will think why the hell these people bombarding us with extra papers, checklist says "
  • Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent."
Where it states send ALL pages, only people who are scared will read it as all pages... copy of travel document simply means relevant pages which is your picture with signature, issue expiry date , city and parents name. If someone has 60 page passport, what sense in this world makes sending 42 blank pages of that passport and then you believe IRCC officer will count if all 42 pages are there and none is missing and they will call application as incomplete if they found one blank page missing.

Reactions: milansaha

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Start reading checklist properly and dont submit unnecessarily extra papers, IRCC people will think why the hell these people bombarding us with extra papers, checklist says "
  • Copy of travel document or passport for the principal applicant and each accompanying dependent."
Where it states send ALL pages, only people who are scared will read it as all pages... copy of travel document simply means relevant pages which is your picture with signature, issue expiry date , city and parents name. If someone has 60 page passport, what sense in this world makes sending 42 blank pages of that passport and then you believe IRCC officer will count if all 42 pages are there and none is missing and they will call application as incomplete if they found one blank page missing.
Guys all of ours parents will be here who got invite sooner or later.... these things will never result in rejection of application.....

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
The actual checklist IMM5771 is a summarized version of what’s to be included in what order so everything on there is going to be just a simplified version or a one-line version of what’s required.

That’s why, side-by-side, you need to refer to the elaborate Guide 5772 which touches upon each point and each requirement in detail by further explaining it.

Your point may be correct, I’m not saying you’re wrong. For study/work permits, TRVs and my PR, I’ve never submitted any blank pages online because they’ve not asked for it. Here, for PGP, it’s a different application process that honestly does require a lot of fine tuning and further clarity.

Also you’re contradicting yourself by saying they just need picture/sign page, address/parents info page. What about pages with stamps/signs/visas? Are you thinking they don’t need those pages? You must be misinformed if you think they just want the first and last pages and not any relevant pages with stamps/visas if applicable. Never read you talk about these pages yet.

Long story short, people who have submitted blank pages will keep justifying their case and so will people who haven’t submitted blank pages. Let’s not get too emotional about it over here. Blank pages are not a major deciding factor in the acceptance or refusal of our application. Phew.

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
The actual checklist IMM5771 is a summarized version of what’s to be included in what order so everything on there is going to be just a simplified version or a one-line version of what’s required.

That’s why, side-by-side, you need to refer to the elaborate Guide 5772 which touches upon each point and each requirement in detail by further explaining it.

Your point may be correct, I’m not saying you’re wrong. For study/work permits, TRVs and my PR, I’ve never submitted any blank pages online because they’ve not asked for it. Here, for PGP, it’s a different application process that honestly does require a lot of fine tuning and further clarity.

Also you’re contradicting yourself by saying they just need picture/sign page, address/parents info page. What about pages with stamps/signs/visas? Are you thinking they don’t need those pages? You must be misinformed if you think they just want the first and last pages and not any relevant pages with stamps/visas if applicable. Never read you talk about these pages yet.

Long story short, people who have submitted blank pages will keep justifying their case and so will people who haven’t submitted blank pages. Let’s not get too emotional about it over here. Blank pages are not a major deciding factor in the acceptance or refusal of our application. Phew.
@hotsalsa I agree we all will justify what we think.
Just adding one more point .... so that saga continues.
What will IRCC do with stamps, will they start reading stamps of spanish airport , and Greek airport or Nigerian airport.... wow ... and you know what Toronto Pearson Airport dont even stamp passports at exit....
Also at very beginning of IRCC website it say Gather Documents
What documents are required?
Use the Document Checklist [IMM 5771] (PDF, 4.09 MB) to ensure you submit all the required documentation listed in the checklist.

Checklist no where says All Pages but only Travel Document/Passport copy.

All the pages clause which everyone is talking about people need to read it carefully... it says PASSPORTS not passport.

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.
So they are pointing out if you are sponsoring more than one ... submit all pages for PEOPLE being sponsored.

I rest my case.

aceinthedeck

Star Member
Jul 27, 2017
Toronto
I guess you should learn to read properly. It's clearly mentioned in the elaborate guide that you need to submit all pages of passport. Or argue with IRCC that why they have provided contradictory information. I think it's prudent to go for all pages when conflicting information is given

Reactions: hotsalsa

Sina

Jan 9, 2012
Hi All,
I noticed in IMMTracker, Additional Family Information form is requested for some applicants. Just wondering if their applications were returned? or they just simply asked to send the missing form? And also if something is missing in the application (e.g. a signature) and the application is returned, does the applicant still have chance to complete it and send it back or he/she will miss the opportunity to apply this year?
Thanks

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Wrong concept, for PR you have to give new biometric. If someone gave biometric one year ago for Supervisa, why new biometric will be required. Does thumb print changes or eye changes... there is a tool online by CIC and if you write UCI number of past application it shows till what year biometric is valid... in my mother's case it is valid till 2019.
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
Biometric fee

If you meet one of the above 2 exemptions, you don’t have to pay the biometric fee when you submit your application, even if the system tells you to pay it.

If you paid the fee, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.

That is on IRCC website, temporarily they are accepting old bio-metrics, but normally for permanent residency applicant have to give new, just stating what IRCC says

Reactions: hotsalsa

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hi All,
I noticed in IMMTracker, Additional Family Information form is requested for some applicants. Just wondering if their applications were returned? or they just simply asked to send the missing form? And also if something is missing in the application (e.g. a signature) and the application is returned, does the applicant still have chance to complete it and send it back or he/she will miss the opportunity to apply this year?
Thanks
No, they did not returned applications, simply asked for missing information, for me it was family information

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
I guess you should learn to read properly. It's clearly mentioned in the elaborate guide that you need to submit all pages of passport. Or argue with IRCC that why they have provided contradictory information. I think it's prudent to go for all pages when conflicting information is given
Where does it says on IRCC link to go on and read elaborate guide.... ??? But yes it is cleared stated "gather documents" as per checklist 5771. And checklist is only stating passport copy or travel document where is the need of all pages.

Also All Pages clause I am repeating comes under Point 4 Common Mistakes and heading is Passports and it is pointing dont avoid leaving any page in case applying for multiple people. Passports and People are the key words...

mountain55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Biometrics exemption for permanent residence applicants who have given biometrics within the last 10 years
As a temporary measure, you’re exempt from giving biometrics if you have both of the following:

• already applied or are applying for permanent residence
  • given your biometrics within the last 10 years
Biometric fee

If you meet one of the above 2 exemptions, you don’t have to pay the biometric fee when you submit your application, even if the system tells you to pay it.

If you paid the fee, we’ll automatically refund it once we finalize your application.

That is on IRCC website, temporarily they are accepting old bio-metrics, but normally for permanent residency applicant have to give new, just stating what IRCC says
Alright !!

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Also I see people writing to send all pages of passport even blank pages so no one can hide rejections... guys please dont be so stupid. Document checklist says copy of travel document or passport no where it says all pages including blank.... what will they do looking at 24 blank pages... and will they count every blank page that no blank page is missing... all they need is relevant pages of passport with name address parents names etc.
Don't be so so stupid and don't call others stupid. As aceinthedeck said, you are misleading others.
Guide clearly says all pages, and true, they want to see all those blank pages.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
The reason why all pages have to be included is for transparency.

They want to know where the person has traveled. Eg red flags would be if the person has been traveling back and forth between certain countries like Afghanistan, North Korea etc.

If one does NOT include all pages then how can IRCC know for sure if the person is intentionally omitting pages that have stamps showing travel to red flagged countries or if the page is indeed blank?