Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Thanks bikcan for clarifying both the answers. For 2nd point, I am short of required income if I count my demised family member.
We lost him in March. If I calculate on pro-rata basis, I will meet the required income threshold. I dont know if that will be acceptable or not.
Have you tried calling IRCC? It should not be an issue but I am not sure. If you are going ahead with your application, I would recommend adding a Letter of Explanation. And keep trying IRCC to get more accurate information.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
thank you, i am just extra cautious when dealing with immigration, doesn’t have good luck when dealing with them
You are doing the right thing. Do you know what should we put under Intended Occupation? My parents will be around 60 by the time they will get the PR (hoping for the best) and they are anyways thinking of retirement in their home country. Will writing retirement negatively impact the application?

bsingh14

Jan 19, 2021
Hello all,
Need help!

Q1: I'm a bit confused about IMM5768:
- What is the family size that needs to be written in Sec 14 and 17; Does that need to include the parents being sponsored
- Does it matter if your co-signer is unemployed (I already meet the MNI myself but just in case)
- Employment income, from T4 correct? Are you guys entering 2020 from paychecks or leaving it blank?
- I have split employment history in years, it also asks for Income till present, is that application sign date?

Q2: Does CV needs to include education and professional experience or even times unemployed, etc. They are already mentioned in IMM5669

runningrace

May 10, 2014
Delhi
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
Doc's Request.
29-Oct-2014(CC Charge Date, NS Time)
Nomination.....
06-Nov-2014(Happy Gurpurab :) )
File Transfer...
Processing Start: 07-Jan-2015(2nd Line appeared on 11-Jan-2015)
Med's Request
10-Jan-2015 --Got Remedical Mail --> 02/Feb/2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2015 --Remedical Completed -->> 27/Apr/2015 -->TLU 12-May-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-Jun-2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai) DM and Passport Submission: 09-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2015(Ready for Collection 19-06-2015 , Collected 23/06/2015(Waheguru tera shukar hai))
LANDED..........
25/11/2015
thank you, i am just extra cautious when dealing with immigration, doesn’t have good luck when dealing with them
How much more luck you need. Got an opportunity to get the parents here.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
You are doing the right thing. Do you know what should we put under Intended Occupation? My parents will be around 60 by the time they will get the PR (hoping for the best) and they are anyways thinking of retirement in their home country. Will writing retirement negatively impact the application?
where do you write all this ?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Putting retired in the occupation is OK: No impact on application.

Reactions: bikcan and YVR123

jas11

Oct 8, 2015
Hello,

Can someone help me with a few questions..

My parents dont have a marriage certificate, so what should I submit in this case? How do we explain this to cic?

My parents are currently here in Canada on Visitor Visa, so should I mention in the Generic Application Form that Current Country of Residence is Canada or still say India?

Apart from Passport what else can we enter National Identity Document?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello all,
Need help!

Q1: I'm a bit confused about IMM5768:
- What is the family size that needs to be written in Sec 14 and 17; Does that need to include the parents being sponsored
- Does it matter if your co-signer is unemployed (I already meet the MNI myself but just in case)
- Employment income, from T4 correct? Are you guys entering 2020 from paychecks or leaving it blank?
- I have split employment history in years, it also asks for Income till present, is that application sign date?

Q2: Does CV needs to include education and professional experience or even times unemployed, etc. They are already mentioned in IMM5669
You have to include your parents being sponsored and dependents if any in counting family size.
Entering employment income as per T4 of each year for each employer will be better. CRA MyAccount has all T4s for last six years.
For 2020, last paycheque amount can be entered.

Last edited:

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

My parents dont have a marriage certificate, so what should I submit in this case? How do we explain this to cic?

My parents are currently here in Canada on Visitor Visa, so should I mention in the Generic Application Form that Current Country of Residence is Canada or still say India?

Are you sure CIC is requiring marriage certificate of your parents? Previously it used to be only of sponsors.

winterc11

Jan 7, 2021
Hello,

You can get an Affidavit which will work instead of marriage certificate.
I'm in a similar situation, my parents are here with me on a visitor visa so should I put residential address of India or my canadian address.

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hello,

You can provide a letter of explanation stating that they don't have a marriage certificate and they can't get it since they are in Canada. But it can be verified from their passport and your birth certificate. Just hoping that they have their name on each others passport under Spouse. Also, provide few photographs from their marriage. You can try submitting it later once they go back to their home country and get a marriage certificate.

Reactions: Shubhisha

Shubhisha

Oct 12, 2015
You can get an Affidavit which will work instead of marriage certificate.
I'm in a similar situation, my parents are here with me on a visitor visa so should I put residential address of India or my canadian address.
Same here, my parents are in Canada on visitor visa too.
for residential address (form 5669) I have still used their indian address.
However for current country of residency (Form 0008) -writing “Canada” as there is a drop down for “Visitor” for status too.
I am not sure if this is correct though, but just a logic as Visitor is available in drop down.

Shubhisha

Oct 12, 2015
Hi All,
Can you please advise how detailed CV for parents needs to be ? Reason I am asking is my parents dont recall exact month/year of their jobs (in 70’s and 80’s)
I am just looking to provide information to the best of their knowledge, since they were of Age of 18 (as they were mostly retired during last 10 years).