+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Have a question on fees. My father already went for biometric while applying visitor visa and it's valid till 2029. Do I still need to pay the biometric fees while paying the processing fees?
This is from an IRCC tweet when someone asked a similar question:

You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply for permanent residence, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.

I have a screenshot but I can’t find the link. Quick google search for IRCC’s twitter feed can give you the answer. No twitter account necessary. So yes, we need to include biometrics fees too. My parents have given theirs recently as well but we need to include the fees again. Maybe they might refund it later?

Reactions: arunb

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Also is it okay to pay the right of permanent residence fee later?

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
Completely okay to pay it later but advisable to pay it upfront for smooth sailing of application. One less step later. My idea is anything and everything that is required and available to do upfront, one must go ahead and do it to avoid any back and forth at a later stage. Paying it now will save correspondence time later but it is not mandatory.

Last edited:

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hello, i have another question. If my Dad, the Principal Applicant is here in Canada and my Mom (dependent) is in the Philippines, what will be the local VO? Is it still Manila because of the nationality? I heard Manila has huge backlog so Im kind of hoping the VO is here in Canada since PA is currently residing here. Thanks

arunb

Dec 17, 2018
Completely okay to pay it later but advisable to pay it upfront for smooth sailing of application. One less step later. My idea is anything and everything that is required and available to do upfront, one must go ahead and do it to avoid any back and forth at a later stage. Paying it now will save correspondence time later but it is not mandatory.
Thanks a lot. Super helpful

Reactions: hotsalsa

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi folks from India,

Do you know any reliable courier service from Delhi which can deliver to the PO-Box, meant for PGP applications. (CPC-PGP) ?
Please provide suggestions, we have DHL and FedEx as two possible options here, and both of these mention on their websites that they do not deliver to PO-boxes.
Think they mean residential addresses. I would think a federal government PO box where people accept and sign for the mail would be fine. I would contact the couriers and doublecheck. If not they have to send it to you and then you send it to IRCC.

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have a question on fees. My father already went for biometric while applying visitor visa and it's valid till 2029. Do I still need to pay the biometric fees while paying the processing fees?
You can check online if they need it or no. They simply ask for uci number to verify thw info

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hi folks from India,

Do you know any reliable courier service from Delhi which can deliver to the PO-Box, meant for PGP applications. (CPC-PGP) ?
Please provide suggestions, we have DHL and FedEx as two possible options here, and both of these mention on their websites that they do not deliver to PO-boxes.
Private couriers dont deliver to the PO Boxes. only canada post can. you will need to rely on the residential address for the private couriers

sumitkumaragg

Apr 21, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse visa
App. Filed.......
4th may 2017
AOR Received.
Not yet
Interview........
Hopefully not required.
LANDED..........
God's Mercy
Do we need a CV for sure or only those applicants who have status retired for all last 10 years plus do we need to get the photocopy notarized

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello, i have another question. If my Dad, the Principal Applicant is here in Canada and my Mom (dependent) is in the Philippines, what will be the local VO? Is it still Manila because of the nationality? I heard Manila has huge backlog so Im kind of hoping the VO is here in Canada since PA is currently residing here. Thanks
IRCC has been assigning Local VO as per their convenience. There is not much you can do about this.

Reactions: YVR123

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Private couriers dont deliver to the PO Boxes. only canada post can. you will need to rely on the residential address for the private couriers
"you will need to rely on the residential address for the private couriers"
What does that mean, CPC-PGP is a post box and not a residential address. I am asking how to send documents from India to Canada to this PO box.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
"you will need to rely on the residential address for the private couriers"
What does that mean, CPC-PGP is a post box and not a residential address. I am asking how to send documents from India to Canada to this PO box.
Since the sponsor is in Canada, I, being paranoid, would want to received the signed forms in Canada. Then to review and re-arrange exactly as the guide and make triple check of the document check list before sending out via Canada Post (or hopefully with Canada Post Xpress service) to the PO Box address.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
If they consider your father's biometrics is valid for PR application, IRCC will refund the fee. Better to pay biometrics fee now but you can pay RPRF later once the processing progresses.

Reactions: arunb

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
Hello folks,

Congratulations to those who have received the ITA for PGP 2020. Best wishes for next round to those who missed it this time.

Can someone please help me with the following questions?

a) What format are you using for Parents and Grandparents Invitation to Apply Letter?

b) IMM 0008 - What should my parents put under Intended Occupation? Will putting retirement create some negative impact on the application?

Thanks