+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I am sharing my personal checklist for PGP 2020 below. PLEASE NOTE that this is a personal checklist, specific only to my case. I have included a bit of a background to help you understand my scenario. It may or may not be applicable to someone else so please treat it only as a reference and not as a detailed instructions guide. If you have been invited to apply, the image below is basically just an alternate way of looking at the Document Checklist (IMM 5771) with a customized breakdown of what I will be submitting in my application.

I invite and encourage experts and other PGP 2020 invitees to please go through the list and kindly advise if anything is missing and/or incorrect. Kindly also suggest, if applicable, which specific photocopies will need to be made certified true copies (and where can I get them certified). I have them all in English, so I understand I do not need to translate/notarize them but what about certifying? Thank you for your time.

hotsalsa_PGP2020_checklist
You may complete IMM5476 as being representative yourself. It will be easier later to make correspondence to CIC.

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
depending on how good are your parents with emails and their application communication, some sponsor would choose to be their representative.
It's up to you to fill that in or not.
Thank you for your reply. Parents are able to attend to any application related communication through email. Moreover, we share the same household as they are in Canada right now (Super Visa) for the foreseeable future and can assist each other with application related things. Hence the decision to not assign any representatives.

Reactions: YVR123

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
You may complete IMM5476 as being representative yourself. It will be easier later to make correspondence to CIC.
Thank you for your response. I looked into it. Parents are fortunately good with tech and able to communicate easily. However, as mentioned in my other reply above, parents are already in Canada (Super Visa) for the foreseeable future so I can just help them out incase they need help with any IRCC related correspondence.

Reactions: laxsun

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
quick question.. as with covid and transit times along with how it is different send documents over to some countries , are you allowed to sign on behalf of parents or just put their whole name as default acknowledgement?
the checklist i think says handwritten signature especially in the background declaration form. for us, i will have my mom-in-law sign all docs and send it to us via mail along with her photos...

Suruchi

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2010
Doc's Request.
7th May 2010
AOR Received.
14th June 2010
IELTS Request
7th May 2010
File Transfer...
11th May 2010
Med's Request
8th Nov 2012 remed 3rd June 2014
Med's Done....
11th Dec 2012 remed 4th July 2014
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
March 2015
Need a help on the following instruction please. Does it mean I've to submit the sponsored person's ( my father) birth certificate as well along with my birth certificate? I initially though I have to submit my birth certificate ( per IMM5771)

"If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate."

Source:(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html)
As per my understanding we need parents birth certificate if we are sponsoring grand-parents in order to show family tree/ relationship.

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. The invitation to apply for Sponsorship clearly stated 60 days as the deadline.

You have 60 days from the date of this email to submit your complete application. It must be received on or before March 14th, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to you along with the fees.

I got my Dad's forms already (who is in ON) and now will be sending the forms to my Mom (Philippines).
Is March 14, 2021 the date the Ottawa should receive the application like the mailroom stamp date? Or March 14, 2021 should be the AOR date of Ottawa?

Sorry, I know its self-explanatory. I am just making sure. I know scanned signatures can be accepted, however I would like to send original signatures, so I don't mind sending all the forms back home as long as I send my application before deadline.

Thanks a lot and best of luck to those who are applying for their loved ones.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. The invitation to apply for Sponsorship clearly stated 60 days as the deadline.

You have 60 days from the date of this email to submit your complete application. It must be received on or before March 14th, 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to you along with the fees.

I got my Dad's forms already (who is in ON) and now will be sending the forms to my Mom (Philippines).
Is March 14, 2021 the date the Ottawa should received the application like the mailroom stamp date? Or March 14, 2021 should be the AOR date of Ottawa?

Sorry, I know its self-explanatory. I am just making sure. I know scanned signatures can be accepted, however I would like to send original signatures, so I don't mind sending all the forms back home as long as I send my application before deadline.

Thanks a lot and best of luck to those who are applying for their loved ones.
I think the 60 days is the mailroom stamp date. We used courier service both ways and to the IRCC.

Reactions: dalsy2

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
I think the 60 days is the mailroom stamp date. We used courier service both ways and to the IRCC.
thank you so much. Do you have any recommendation on the best courier? I think CIC is very particular that the application must be received in the address below in their PO Box address.

CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

You will need to choose a courier that will deliver to P.O. boxes and do deliveries without a signature. We have agreements with many couriers, and they know where to deliver applications destined to our P.O. box.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
thank you so much. Do you have any recommendation on the best courier? I think CIC is very particular that the application must be received in the address below in their PO Box address.

CPC-PGP
PO Box 8020, STN T CSC
Ottawa, ON
K1G 3H6

You will need to choose a courier that will deliver to P.O. boxes and do deliveries without a signature. We have agreements with many couriers, and they know where to deliver applications destined to our P.O. box.
I don't remember. It may be FedEX or UPS and things may have changed since 2018.

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Hi folks from India,

Do you know any reliable courier service from Delhi which can deliver to the PO-Box, meant for PGP applications. (CPC-PGP) ?
Please provide suggestions, we have DHL and FedEx as two possible options here, and both of these mention on their websites that they do not deliver to PO-boxes.

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
quick question.. as with covid and transit times along with how it is different send documents over to some countries , are you allowed to sign on behalf of parents or just put their whole name as default acknowledgement?
If you send scanned copies then they may ask for original signatures.

Saves headache now if you do scanned copies but it can delay your process

arunb

Dec 17, 2018
Have a question on fees. My father already went for biometric while applying visitor visa and it's valid till 2029. Do I still need to pay the biometric fees while paying the processing fees?

arunb

Dec 17, 2018
Also is it okay to pay the right of permanent residence fee later?

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
Also is it okay to pay the right of permanent residence fee later?

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($500)
If it is valid that u dont need to do biometrics again.
and yes u can pay right of PR fee later