+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So they put people in batches?

Maybe first week go into pool 1. How many divide by total number of applications x 100. Then they is the percentage of spots for that draw. Then next day for next week.
I think they just sent out the email in batches. May be in the ordered when the random selection was generated. So again, random batches.
As some have suggested, IRCC is probably trying to avoid overloading traffic and the email being considered as spam by some mail services.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So they put people in batches?

Maybe first week go into pool 1. How many divide by total number of applications x 100. Then they is the percentage of spots for that draw. Then next day for next week.
Only one pool since it is a complete lottery. Didn’t matter when you applied.

Reactions: YVR123

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hello Everyone,

For the people who still didn’t receive any invitations for PGP 2020 today, are there still hope? I mean you might stil received an invitation later today and this weekend?

Thank you

kzehra

May 8, 2014
Sorry to say but I don’t think it’s 10 days. See this link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/parents-grandparents-2020-invitations.html?fbclid=IwAR02SVrzvACa5FoZ8ds6K6C3kzLg9pQMdiy-4FPmGRLB0qbwMoo1dPblVeA

This link is from Canada.ca and it says check for emails throughout the week. It doesn’t say 10 days.
Canada.ca says Throughout THE week, not throughout THIS week.
May be there is some hope in THE WEEK that they will be continuing to invite next week as well. Whereas if it was THIS WEEK, then it would be ending this week.

Reactions: kj107

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Quebec controls it's own immigration like a totally separate country from Canada. But for PGP you need to win the PGP lottery before applying to Quebec.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.624287/
Thats an incorrect statement to make. Quebec has QNP like any other province, but yes, its a slightly different process. At the end all applications will be processed by the Feds. Quebec has always asked for more autonomy on immigration process, but its been DENIED! Quebec residents still have to go through lottery system for parent sponsorship.

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
It happens every year when it's a lottery. People wants to find the trend and the pattern of who get picked.
If it's truely random, there is no pattern to be found.

Seems like more people are "picked" from first day when interest to sponsor was opened. It's because more people submitted their form on the first day.
Not true I applied first day within 10 minutes and was not selected yet.

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hello Everyone,

For the people who still didn’t receive any invitations for PGP 2020 today, is there still hope? I mean, you might still received an invitation later today and this weekend?

Thank you
The government doesn't work on the weekend, maybe next week.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Thats an incorrect statement to make. Quebec has QNP like any other province, but yes, its a slightly different process. At the end all applications will be processed by the Feds. Quebec has always asked for more autonomy on immigration process, but its been DENIED! Quebec residents still have to go through lottery system for parent sponsorship.
Yes they still need to go through lottery system. But income requirements and other eligibility is slightly different from what I have read.

So it is unique and different within Canada. Whereas is the same for everyone else in Canada.

kzehra

May 8, 2014
So confused after looking at all of your confirmation number format, mine does not match with any
Mine is AAAA1A1-11 where A is letter and 1 is number

any of you have this kind of format for their confirmation number?

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Tracker Admin, I was trying to enter my sponsor info and made 2 mistakes. Can you please correct these:
1. Please delete live 33, entered by me
2. I did not receive invitation but by mistake it got entered as Jan 8. Please remove the invitation date.

sorry for the confusion.
Hi, you can edit it yourself. Go to top-right -> Click on your username -> Profile & Applications -> Edit your application at the bottom

ajy457

Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
18-11-2015
Hi, you can edit it yourself. Go to top-right -> Click on your username -> Profile & Applications -> Edit your application at the bottom
I tried but it didn’t work. Once you enter a date or a line, you just can’t delete it. So I just changed my invitation date to Oct 30, 3020 and made the no of sponsored personnel to 0