+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Women can work but not if they have small kids . I personally experienced this. If wife and children are part of family than parents should be. We accepted Canada as our country than it is responsibility of country to take care of each one. I am not in a fight mood with you. My point is instead of filling form every year why can’t they take forms and process according. I don’t mind wait for few years . Atleast I know that I am in que. I might be wrong but that’s my point of view. Nothing personal dear.

it’s human right not country right either
Sorry for not sticking to immigration topic. But MAN can stay home to take care of kids. My coworker did that so his wife can restart her career.
There is nothing that is specific to "women" except breast feeding and thus there is parental leave for both parents.

For taking in unlimited PGP application, they used to do that. And people waited very long time. I 've heard 10 years. This is not human right. It's a life choice you made when you immigrated. It's a big decision.

Reactions: Qwertypod and Heliz

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Why don't the IRCC roll over people who submitted this year's Interest to sponsor 2021 (30,000 applicants)? By doing this, it will increase the chance of getting selected by the lottery.

Reactions: TicTocCroc

Habs

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Good luck guys seems to me we will need to wait this year to apply for 2021 Interest to sponsor.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Culture in Canada is to not be living with parents after you are an adult.
So maybe it is considered Un-Canadian to be living with your parents?
It is. I know very few people that live with their parents. They care for them and visit often.

Back when economy was better, moving back to parents' house or still living with parents was a sigh that you can't afford your own place.
Though this has changed since housing prices have been high and that became an option to live with parents but in a seperated section/suite of the same house.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Why don't the IRCC roll over people who submitted Interest to sponsor to 2021 (30,000 applicants)? By doing this it will increase the chance of getting selected by the lottery.
Rolling over vs people resubmitting ITA each draw.

What's the difference?

I think better not to roll over. Because many applicants dont qualify! If you simple automatically roll over the numbers get bigger and bigger!

It is a very simple web form. Takes less than 4 minutes to complete and submit. See video.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
It is. I know very few people that live with their parents. They care for them and visit often.

Back when economy was better, moving back to parents' house or still living with parents was a sigh that you can't afford your own place.
Though this has changed since housing prices have been high and that became an option to live with parents but in a seperated section/suite of the same house.
In the spirit of being Canadian and non un-Canadian maybe there should be something that says you pledge not to be living with your parents but care for them at another house and visit often then?

Influx of parents who all need new homes will help property market and furniture companies and hardware renovation etc. Stimulus for economy?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is so bad..... I think it's been like that for all the lottery years. That's why so many people who won the lottery didn't apply. (That's why those 2nd round happened in 2017 and 2018)
They really need to make people at least think before clicking throght all the screens. At least make them put down what was the NOA. If that doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the number of people they planned to sponsor, remove that interest to apply entry from the lottery.

Yes. people can lie but they have to do some homework and this would be misrepresentation if their income wasn't the number they entered in the form.

Reactions: ajy457 and nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
This is so bad..... I think it's been like that for all the lottery years. That's why so many people who won the lottery didn't apply. (That's why those 2nd round happened in 2017 and 2018)
They really need to make people at least think before clicking throght all the screens. At least make them put down what was the NOA. If that doesn't meet the minimum requirement for the number of people they planned to sponsor, remove that interest to apply entry from the lottery.

Yes. people can lie but they have to do some homework and this would be misrepresentation if their income wasn't the number they entered in the form.
I like your idea!

Yes make them enter the family size.

And then line 150 from NOA for the qualifying years.

Software can recognize if it does not meet requirements and reject.

People can lie but at least it gets them thinking a bit.

Then again can people sue for the system being too hard and exclusionary?

Reactions: ajy457

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Suggestion to IRCC.

Any candidate who has won the lottery before should be barred from submitting ITA for the next 5 years.

People who have won the PGP lottery before shouldn't be greedy and want to win again every year!

What do they think this is? LOTTO?

Lol!

Last edited:

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
This is crazy. just keep waiting I guess. No details of how many they are sending daily etc.

Reactions: joeythecat