+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Poonamhans

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Canada has an ageing population and a high immigration rate so it will be impossible for every person to sponsor their parents. Canada needs immigration to counteract our ageing demographic so allowing every immigrant to sponsor parents would defeat the purpose of immigration. Unfortunately parent sponsorship is not a right. Many countries do not allow parent sponsorship with access to healthcare because most of the parents will never pay taxes and the senior years are the most expensive when it comes to healthcare costs. When people immigrate they must consider that patent immigration may not be possible. Just being realistic. I do think that there should be weighting for repeat applicants but you will likely be waiting 5-10 years.
I know dear. It’s a big responsibility but in other areas like wife or dependent child or our own children also can’t work but still they are part of family. My point is we pay taxes and we take full responsibility of our parents than what’s the problem

Reactions: sanketpurnima

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I know dear. It’s a big responsibility but in other areas like wife or dependent child or our own children also can’t work but still they are part of family. My point is we pay taxes and we take full responsibility of our parents than what’s the problem
Women can work first of all. The only requirement is that parents not receive welfare or else the sponsor has to pay the government back so there is actually pretty minimal financial requirement. PGP recipients have access to healthcare, subsidized medication if over 65, OAS and GIS after 10 yrs, other low senior programs if they make no income, etc. Unless you are paying millions in taxes your taxes are not covering services for you, your spouse, your dependent children and your parents. Taxes in general cover your expenses as well as maybe your spouse and maybe dependent children depending on your tax bracket and how long you'be been in Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Canada has an ageing population and a high immigration rate so it will be impossible for every person to sponsor their parents. Canada needs immigration to counteract our ageing demographic so allowing every immigrant to sponsor parents would defeat the purpose of immigration. Unfortunately parent sponsorship is not a right. Many countries do not allow parent sponsorship with access to healthcare because most of the parents will never pay taxes and the senior years are the most expensive when it comes to healthcare costs. When people immigrate they must consider that patent immigration may not be possible. Just being realistic. I do think that there should be weighting for repeat applicants but you will likely be waiting 5-10 years.
I keep reading individuals are stating it’s their “ right “ to sponsor their parents . If someone could please post a link from the Government stating this. I’ve searched and cannot find anything .
I think the Government to solve issues with individuals feeling it’s their right , should have a disclosure on all PR applications , where the individuals agree there is a possibility they’ll never be able to sponsor their parents
Problem solved

Poonamhans

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Women can work first of all. The only requirement is that parents not receive welfare or else the sponsor has to pay the government back so there is actually pretty minimal financial requirement. PGP recipients have access to healthcare, subsidized medication if over 65, OAS and GIS after 10 yrs, other low senior programs if they make no income, etc. Unless you are paying millions in taxes your taxes are not covering services for you, your spouse, your dependent children and your parents. Taxes in general cover your expenses as well as maybe your spouse and maybe dependent children depending on your tax bracket and how long you'be been in Canada.
Women can work but not if they have small kids . I personally experienced this. If wife and children are part of family than parents should be. We accepted Canada as our country than it is responsibility of country to take care of each one. I am not in a fight mood with you. My point is instead of filling form every year why can’t they take forms and process according. I don’t mind wait for few years . Atleast I know that I am in que. I might be wrong but that’s my point of view. Nothing personal dear.
I keep reading individuals are stating it’s their “ right “ to sponsor their parents . If someone could please post a link from the Government stating this. I’ve searched and cannot find anything .
I think the Government to solve issues with individuals feeling it’s their right , should have a disclosure on all PR applications , where the individuals agree there is a possibility they’ll never be able to sponsor their parents
Problem solved
it’s human right not country right either

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Women can work but not if they have small kids . I personally experienced this. If wife and children are part of family than parents should be. We accepted Canada as our country than it is responsibility of country to take care of each one. I am not in a fight mood with you. My point is instead of filling form every year why can’t they take forms and process according. I don’t mind wait for few years . Atleast I know that I am in que. I might be wrong but that’s my point of view. Nothing personal dear.

it’s human right not country right either
Women with young children can certainly work. Women don't even need to take maternity leave sometimes the husband is better suited to remain home with the baby for a year. Canada views family as spouse and dependent children which is why you can't apply with your parents when immigrating to Canada. Living with your parents in the same country is not a human right it is a personal preference. Although I think there should be some consideration for repeat applicants the government had an ongoing list of parents waiting for sponsorship and waiting times for approval was around 10 years. During thst time the circumstances of many waiting changed. The government doesn't want to be in chrage of managing a list of 100k+ people wanting to sponsor their parents. Canada will also never guarantee that parents wilp ne able to be sponsored. The PGP program is a program evaluated every year and the government has to be responsible for caring for those in Canada first.

Arun2121

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I got invitation to apply on 6th of January. I applied on October 13th, 2020.

LTE

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Did any one get invite today? Is today the last day of invitations or it is going next week also. Please suggest. Thanks.

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
I am not sure but i am feeling people who got invite are from first day mostly.. just feeling i do not know why.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Culture in Canada is to not be living with parents after you are an adult.
So maybe it is considered Un-Canadian to be living with your parents?