+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage Certificate Alternatives

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I just received the invitation to apply for my parents PR and I see it asks for their marriage certificate.
I saw in previous posts similar to this that an affidavit is enough along with a detailed explanation. However, one of my parent is here in Canada and other in India, so is the affidavit still an option or do they both need to be together to get the affidavit?
Can I submit the application with an explanation along with their passports and my birth certificate (which are required anyways) that has their names as a proof of their relationship?

Thanks in advance.

LTE

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I just received the invitation to apply for my parents PR and I see it asks for their marriage certificate.
I saw in previous posts similar to this that an affidavit is enough along with a detailed explanation. However, one of my parent is here in Canada and other in India, so is the affidavit still an option or do they both need to be together to get the affidavit?
Can I submit the application with an explanation along with their passports and my birth certificate (which are required anyways) that has their names as a proof of their relationship?

Thanks in advance.
Affidavit with their joint photo duly stamp and sign by oath magistrate works fine in india. The declaration of their ages, marriage date, place etc may add to the oath affadiavit.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
Affidavit with their joint photo duly stamp and sign by oath magistrate works fine in india. The declaration of their ages, marriage date, place etc may add to the oath affadiavit.
Can I get that affidavit from an oath magistrate here in Canada or it needs to be from India?

CoralDG

Jan 9, 2021
If parents marriage affidavit is made, whether an original Affidavit is to be submitted or a copy of it is enough?