Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
OK, finally got the great news from IRCC with the selected lucky email today. They have asked to complete documents by March 14, 2021

anshuman

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APRIL 2014
I thought that I am responsible for the emotional breakdown of my parents as I left them back home and moved to Canada for my bright future. I promised to call them to join me in Canada. Tried my luck since 2017 and blamed lottery system for not getting selected. In 2019, I made an excuse to my parents that my internet was slow and I missed the chance.
In 2020, I told my parents that it is lottery again and I’m unsure.
with god’s grace, my parents got selected in the 2020 lottery.
we are so happy and I could see tears in my parents eyes when they heard this news from me.
emotional but very happy.

I pray that everyone get a chance and my best wishes are with everyone.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you for the reply. What I mean is later on when they actually process and review your paper what’s gonna happen on that.
They will send out a PFL (proedure fairness letter) for you to provide proof against your case. (e.g. if it's a clerical mistake made by IRCC)
And your application will be refused. And this will take up 1 or 2 years of your time.

Reactions: pedropil

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
I thought that I am responsible for the emotional breakdown of my parents as I left them back home and moved to Canada for my bright future. I promised to call them to join me in Canada. Tried my luck since 2017 and blamed lottery system for not getting selected. In 2019, I made an excuse to my parents that my internet was slow and I missed the chance.
In 2020, I told my parents that it is lottery again and I’m unsure.
with god’s grace, my parents got selected in the 2020 lottery.
we are so happy and I could see tears in my parents eyes when they heard this news from me.
emotional but very happy.

I pray that everyone get a chance and my best wishes are with everyone.
Congrats to you and your parents. You are a good person.

I have been trying for many years now. Seriously considering going back if my parents dont get a PR. They made many sacrifices for me. Guess its my turn now. Anyway Good luck to all

Datarainu

Jan 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I recently got an opportunity to invite my parents to Canada in PGP 2020. However, I have an issue to discuss here. In 2018 my ex-spouse came to Canada and in 2019 she ran away from home taking all our jewelry, car, laptop, electronic gadgets and money from joint account (leaving me with mere $800 in my account). One day when I came from office I found that she took everything and filed an assault charge (common assault one charge CC266) against me. My whole world went upside down as I was not even aware what was coming my way. Later on, through telephone records, chats and google maps history I figured out about her extra-marital affair. My lawyer told me that my case will get dropped in a month or two as we figured out that my ex's family planned all this just to get Canadian residency. The public prosecutor agreed to drop the case as there were enough proofs about her lying about the situation. Basically I will be declared not guilty in this case. But when I got arrested I had to spend a night in police custody when no such thing happened between me and my Ex-spouse. I was bailed out by the court next morning. In 2019 my wife filed a simple divorce case and I am waiting for the final letter from the Judge. We are not claiming anything from each other.

We are legally separated for more than 18 months now and I am not allowed to contact her (directly or indirectly).

My question is since this unfortunate things happened to me. Will that have any impact on my sponsorship for my parents. What should I fill in the form imm5669e. The question is given below.

4) Have you or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for Permanent residence in Canada ever:

a)
been convicted of a crime or offence in Canada for which a pardon has not been granted under the Criminal Records Act of Canada?
b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country.
j) been detained, incarcerated, or put in jail?

Can someone please guide?

Datarainu

Jan 6, 2021
Did you look at the application package? I looked at the current IMM 5771e and didn't see principle applicant and applicant's spouse birth certificate is needed.

Their marriage certificate is needed and YOUR (sponsor's) birth certificate is also required.

well unless you are sponsoring your grandparents, then your parent's birth certificate is needed.
I am legally separated from my spouse since 2019 summer and I don't know about her whereabouts. I am sponsoring my parents without her being a cosigner

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,

I recently got an opportunity to invite my parents to Canada in PGP 2020. However, I have an issue to discuss here. In 2018 my ex-spouse came to Canada and in 2019 she ran away from home taking all our jewelry, car, laptop, electronic gadgets and money from joint account (leaving me with mere $800 in my account). One day when I came from office I found that she took everything and filed an assault charge (common assault one charge CC266) against me. My whole world went upside down as I was not even aware what was coming my way. Later on, through telephone records, chats and google maps history I figured out about her extra-marital affair. My lawyer told me that my case will get dropped in a month or two as we figured out that my ex's family planned all this just to get Canadian residency. The public prosecutor agreed to drop the case as there were enough proofs about her lying about the situation. Basically I will be declared not guilty in this case. But when I got arrested I had to spend a night in police custody when no such thing happened between me and my Ex-spouse. I was bailed out by the court next morning. In 2019 my wife filed a simple divorce case and I am waiting for the final letter from the Judge. We are not claiming anything from each other.

We are legally separated for more than 18 months now and I am not allowed to contact her (directly or indirectly).

My question is since this unfortunate things happened to me. Will that have any impact on my sponsorship for my parents. What should I fill in the form imm5669e. The question is given below.

4) Have you or, if you are the principal applicant, any of your family members listed in your application for Permanent residence in Canada ever:

a)
been convicted of a crime or offence in Canada for which a pardon has not been granted under the Criminal Records Act of Canada?
b) been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country.
j) been detained, incarcerated, or put in jail?

Can someone please guide?
It shouldn't have any impact since charges were dropped. You need to answer yes to j) and provide an explanation regarding what happened.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am legally separated from my spouse since 2019 summer and I don't know about her whereabouts. I am sponsoring my parents without her being a cosigner
Assuming you sponsored your ex-spouse for PR, the only risk I see is the possibility that she took social assistance payments within three years after becoming a PR. If she did that, this will be an issue for the sponsorship application.

Reactions: YVR123