+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Guys,

I would like to ask, for example you were invited for PGP and 1 or 2 of your annual income is not enough based on the quota or the table, but still you submitted the application, what will happen after the cic review your application?

Thank you very much.
The qualified total income is the combination of all of your household income. So, if you add both of your income together and it is equal or greater than the required income, you are good to go. It does not matter if one of your income fall short because the require income is "total" income of your family
But if your toal income does not even meet the required income then IRCC will not even review on that yet. It is a machine-scanning process and such shortage (even a few bucks) will trigger the elimination and will disqualify the application even before it gets to the officers for actual review.
If the person falsifies the total income, their application eventually will be rejected by the officer who review it base on the NOA
There's lot of cases that fall into "I am just short of $99, would I be able to be approved..." that some of the previous member had posted. The asnwer is still NO
Nothing will happen with that person but, think about it, such person just waste one spot of the qualified candidate!

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
IRCC will not even review on that yet. It is a machine-scanning process and such shortage (even a few bucks) will trigger the elimination and will disqualify the application even before it gets to the officers for actual review.
Nothing will happen with that person but, think about it, such person just waste one spot of the qualified candidate!

Thank you for the reply. What I mean is later on when they actually process and review your paper what’s gonna happen on that.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Guys,

I would like to ask, for example you were invited for PGP and 1 or 2 of your annual income is not enough based on the quota or the table, but still you submitted the application, what will happen after the cic review your application?

Thank you very much.
For example if I have been invited for PGP and 1 or 2 of mine annual income is found not enough based on the quota but still I submitted the application then I should be hanged till death for the heinous mistake. :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: kprs_ind

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Been shadowing this thread and quietly reading the exchanges here. I can try and understand both sides of the conversation here.

I moved to Canada in 2017, and didn't have enough of a 3 year history last year for sponsorship. This is my first time sponsoring. I haven't got an invite yet, and TBH I don't expect to receive one as it's already been 3 days since they started inviting.

In my opinion, I think the lottery system is inherently unfair as many keep trying year-after-year with no guarantee of being able to sponsor. Whereas another person can apply just once or twice, and then get invited just by sheer "luck". Now, most of you I think would agree that no modern state can be allocating resources on the basis of just "luck". There has to be a better system in place.

I do believe that something like an EE type system would be the best in this case. It should take into account the following factors -
  1. Age of parents (older parents should be given priority)
  2. Earning of the sponsor (Earning more does mean there's a lower chance of them being dependent on government benefits)
  3. Number of times the sponsor has tied (having a person try repeatedly without success only adds to frustration, and can also lead to them looking at other countries in the long run - Canada will lose precious human capital this way)
  4. Whether they own a property (shows responsibility & whether they can care for their parents)
  5. A pool of potential sponsors should be made this way, and the sponsors keep updating their incomes based on NOAs, which would then adjust their position in the queue. Every year, the Government pulls out the highest ranked candidates based on their scores, and issues them the invitations. The points can be updated in real-time since they have the dates of birth of the parents/grandparents, NOA numbers, and when the profile was created in the sponsorship bank.

This will dilute the inherent unfairness in the lottery system where resources are allocated by "luck" and other factors will begin to play a part; as they should in any fair system.

I also believe that along with the sponsorship forms, a deposit of CAD 600 per person sponsored should be taken to desist people from unfair means. and irresponsibility of blocking positions even though they don't qualify. This deposit should be returned to them if -
  1. They are successfully selected to sponsor, and
  2. On submitting their forms the numbers claimed match with the NOAs deeming them eligible
The above will also encourage two things -
  1. People will be made more truthful to the Government by disclosing all their income, as having a higher number in the NOA would better their chances of getting picked + add more revenue to the CRA (as a business owner, I know the number of people who have approached me offering services, but wanting to get paid in "cash" thereby encouraging a black/unaccounted for earnings which leads to a loss to the exchequer)
  2. Duplicate applications will be discouraged. I know of a couple of people in my friend circle where 3 siblings are living in Canada and all 3 have submitted forms to sponsor their parents. That's thrice the chances of getting picked compared to only a single person applying. (In this case, there would be a CAD 1200 deposit charged from all 3 siblings, and if they get pulled out and don't sponsor blocking other people's ability, they are penalised by forfeiting their deposits)
I don't buy the argument that somehow having a points-based system like EE is unfair to anyone. It in fact encourages meritocracy! And meritocracy is the basis on which modern successful nations are built... not by allocating resources randomly...

Can I vote for you as Immigration minister please? This is an excellent plan. Everyone else comes to Canada based on merit. I don't see why this program should be different. I know we have to commit to supporting parents, and I look at the low. income cut offs, and wonder how people would do that - they seem very low. Also, self sufficiency of parents should be considered. My parents worked all their lives, have excellent pensions and would be self sufficient. They need nothing from Canada, just want to be here with us and will pay taxes here.

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
IRCC will not even review on that yet. It is a machine-scanning process and such shortage (even a few bucks) will trigger the elimination and will disqualify the application even before it gets to the officers for actual review.
If the person falsifies the total income, their application eventually will be rejected by the officer who review it base on the NOA
There's lot of cases that fall into "I am just short of $99, would I be able to be approved..." that some of the previous member had posted. The asnwer is still NO
Agreed

But I dont think a spot is wasted

Text from CIC page says

We’ll accept 10,000 complete applications. To get up to 10,000 applications, we invite more than 10,000 potential sponsors to apply

snmathur4

Star Member
May 8, 2018
This cannot be happening! It's unbelievable! I cannot believe what I see! Is it real what I'm seeing in front of me? I gave up, you guys. I completely gave up. Years, years of lotteries and what do we get today in the mail??? AN INVITATION EMAIL! Could I possibly be hallucinating? THIS IS THE BEST YEAR, THE ABSOLUTE BEST YEAR.

What info did you guys need? I applied in the first 10 min of the lottery opening on the very first day, the email arrived at 10:42 am from CIC.CPCMississauga. anything else that's helpful?
Please update you date at https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp. It will help others to get idea.

Reactions: dalsy2

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Agreed

But I dont think a spot is wasted

Text from CIC page says

We’ll accept 10,000 complete applications. To get up to 10,000 applications, we invite more than 10,000 potential sponsors to apply
I think you misunderstood the 10,000 complete application
Application does not mean you are qualified. IRCC will try to get 10,000 of the "submitted" appication in case someone get invitation but does not submit their application
Now, once they got 10,000 application "submitted", if 1 application does not qualify, the IRCC will NOT go out there and take 1 more application to replace for the disqualified one, don't you agree?

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
I think you misunderstood the 10,000 complete application
Application does not mean you are qualified. IRCC will try to get 10,000 of the "submitted" appication in case someone get invitation but does not submit their application
Now, once they got 10,000 application "submitted", if 1 application does not qualify, the IRCC will NOT go out there and take 1 more application to replace for the disqualified one, don't you agree?
well that SUCKS:(

Guess my interpretation was wrong.

OUAT_2020

Jan 6, 2021
That is your personal understanding of fairness.

Personnally I don’t see why some should be described as having more merit than others to sponsor their parents.

Good luck anyways !
The problem of current system is, there is a probability that some people will NEVER get selected, since system does not consider previous show of interests.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
At the very lease a non refundable application fee would make ppl think twice before doing such wasteful stupidity. That would bring revenue to the govt.
There are more than 10 suggestions to improve this or make this process effective rather than just mere on the luck. But seems Govt is not serious or this stream does not come as priority and has been only doing ping pong on FIFO and lucky-draw from last few years.