AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
You can check the spreadsheet of each year's PGP on this forum to calculate average time.
We were invited to apply on Oct 2018 (2nd round lottery) and we submitted the application early Dec. The application took roughly 15 months for passport request/COPR. It may be different for 2020 with COVID and the slight change of process (2020 NOA to be submitted later)
Thanks for the reply. do you know what are the documents need to be prepared for that? is there any document checklist for that?

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
In 2018, my parents case was processed from completed submission to Passport request (immigrant visa) was about 6 months. But we were well prepared for the details. I know there're cases get to about under 2 years as complication arose like newborn or decease; medical results needed further tests; missing documents (marriage Certificate, Birth certificate, etc...) etc... which all add up months in total.
Thanks @babybenz for your reply. :)

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Would step parent go on the interest to sponsor for or should I just put my mother on the form and put dependents and significant other if/when I get the invitation
Posting this again in the hope someone can answer this. I am looking to apply today so some guidance would really be appreciated.

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
Posting this again in the hope someone can answer this. I am looking to apply today so some guidance would really be appreciated.
By step parent do you mean Step Father ? and does that also mean the mother and the step father are married(with some sort of documentation to prove it )

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
By step parent do you mean Step Father ? and does that also mean the mother and the step father are married(with some sort of documentation to prove it )
Yes. They got married in 2015 and have a marriage certificate and a translation (the certificate is not in English).

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
Yes. They got married in 2015 and have a marriage certificate and a translation (the certificate is not in English).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/who-you-can-sponsor.html

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.

In case of divorce or separation, you can sponsor your parents’ and your grandparents’ spouses, or conjugal or common-law partners.

In the application, you can only include your brothers and sisters, or half brothers and sisters, if they qualify as dependent children.

You may sponsor more than 1 person or couple if you meet the income requirements for all the people you want sponsor and their dependants (spouse, partner and children).

The way I see it:

If married they are a couple and one of them would be the Primary applicant and the other would be the dependent Spouse. So both are to be mentioned in the form

Hope it helps

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/who-you-can-sponsor.html

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.

In case of divorce or separation, you can sponsor your parents’ and your grandparents’ spouses, or conjugal or common-law partners.

In the application, you can only include your brothers and sisters, or half brothers and sisters, if they qualify as dependent children.

You may sponsor more than 1 person or couple if you meet the income requirements for all the people you want sponsor and their dependants (spouse, partner and children).

The way I see it:

If married they are a couple and one of them would be the Primary applicant and the other would be the dependent Spouse. So both are to be mentioned in the form

Hope it helps

Not that it matters, If it were me , I would make the mother as Primary and the Father as dependent in the app. Their income or financial status is not of any consideration as of now

Haseeb Hassan

Oct 8, 2020
Not that it matters, If it were me , I would make the mother as Primary and the Father as dependent in the app. Their income or financial status is not of any consideration as of now
Thank you for your response. I guess my question is if I should add my step-father as a parent on the interest to sponsor form or if I should wait till the invitation and add him as a dependent along with my sister.

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
Thank you for your response. I guess my question is if I should add my step-father as a parent on the interest to sponsor form or if I should wait till the invitation and add him as a dependent along with my sister.
You have the opportunity to do so now . so please go ahead and add your Father to the app (just so CIC does not see it as if you missed it and or misrepresented info). Just my thought.

Since there is no provision to add dependent children , you could add your (dependent) sister later on.

And either ways , you need to have sufficient LICO proof for all family members(either added now or later )

diyraju

Oct 12, 2020
as long as parents are married and the marriage is registered - they are spouse and spouse go together.

As long as both plan to immigrate , you can add both to the EOI form. If only one is immigrating then may not be necessary. But NOA should cover LICO for all.

My only REAL concern here is, I do not know what the application form look like. There may or may not be a provision to add you step dad later on. there may be a provision only for dependent children on that form

then you would be stuck and would need to do a lot of explaining

Last edited:

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
You should need to include the name of your siblings as well. As it is bit different than last year. This time if u don't include your siblings in this form means during your application time, they won't accept application for your siblings or your parent's dependant. As it is clearly srated that don't include dependant who are not accompanying..
Below line is copied from the link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html
  • You won’t need to include this information for their dependent children, or a spouse/partner that won’t come to Canada with them.
@Tanvir1405 I believe, dependents names are not required on EOI application.

What others think? As I have to put application of EOI yet, trying to get input from you guys. I understand this is not very important but I don't want to take the risk.

jacky10

Mar 21, 2013
Hi quick assistance.. If there is no surname in Indian passport for parents. How should I fill out .. surname and given Name?

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Hi quick assistance.. If there is no surname in Indian passport for parents. How should I fill out .. surname and given Name?
You cannot skip SURNAME, probably you need to put Given name in SURNAME.
Please double confirm your passport, there must be surname, given name can be blank.