+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,

I moved to Canada in June 2019 and have been a PR since Jan 2019

Does the IRCC take into account the income earned outside of Canada for the income requirements or does it have to be inside of Canada ?
They require your CRA tax return/NOA. Line 150 amounts for LICO.

Line 150 most certainly has something to do with residency, as it only includes income earned while you are a tax resident of Canada. Income earned while not a tax resident of Canada, such as your US income, is not taxable and therefore not included in line 150

So unless you filed taxes with CRA for years 2017 2017 and 2019 as a tax resident in Canada even though your income was earned overseas then you will qualify. And pay the Canadian tax rates from abroad.

Logically nobody would do that unless they had planned 3 years in advance for this despite not even being in Canada.

Also as a PR you would need to be in Canada for 730 days out of 5 years. Meaning you would have had to plan this right from the outset when you got your PR.

I doubt many would.

Reactions: Dainik

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
That's what he is trying to do !!! He just landed and wants to bring his whole family on Canadian tax payer money.
Why does that bother you? He is doing what he think is right for him. Atleast he is not poking you with the needle. Mind your own business. There is elected Taxpayers Federation to worry about Tax payer's money.

Reactions: nayr69sg

HDG

Jun 10, 2014
IRCC should do more to deter those who do not qualify from submitting EOIs.

Especially so in the lottery system. With the FIFO hopefully they do look for the next one on the list if they find someone who does not qualify has been sent ITA.
Yes that will be a good thing to do. Correct me if I am wrong, but I heard they close the window once 15000 applications were submitted.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Reactions: k.h.p.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Line 150 most certainly has something to do with residency, as it only includes income earned while you are a tax resident of Canada. Income earned while not a tax resident of Canada, such as your US income, is not taxable and therefore not included in line 150

So unless you filed taxes with CRA for years 2017 2017 and 2019 as a tax resident in Canada even though your income was earned overseas then you will qualify. And pay the Canadian tax rates from abroad.

Logically nobody would do that unless they had planned 3 years in advance for this despite not even being in Canada.

Also as a PR you would need to be in Canada for 730 days out of 5 years. Meaning you would have had to plan this right from the outset when you got your PR.

I doubt many would.
It actually must be Canadian income not just income while a tax resident of Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all. Assuming the system runs similar to last time. What is the process for expressing interest to sponsor. As I can't find any forms you can fill out, I'm assuming once they open it the form appears and you just have to fill it out and submit as fast as possible? If so what info did you need for it last time?

Also, I see there are facebook / tweeter account listed on the main page. Is this the best place to watch for updates / opening?

Thanks
The system has been revamped and given all the issues last year there is no point basing any preparation in last year’s application process. I would wait until you hear about the new program to determine if you qualify for this year’s program.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Here we go again.

Its because of the spike in flu cases. Temporary.

Curious what's the flu immunization rate in those regions?

Cause found (and it is not PGP)

https://globalnews.ca/news/6415095/manitoba-2019-20-flu-vaccinations-well-below-national-average/

Manitoba 2019-20 flu vaccinations well below national average

According to Manitoba Health, only 22 per cent of Manitobans were vaccinated for influenza this season, up from the 20 per cent vaccinated the previous year.

The Public Health Agency of Canada said the goal is to hit an 80 per cent immunization rate to ward off the flu, however in 2018-19, only 42 per cent of Canadians got the shot.

So the vaccination rate in Manitoba is half that of the national average. Does it surprise anyone that they have the highest rates of flu cases?
If the system can’t handle the flu which happens for months every year and has to cancel surgeries or close ERs it proves that there is no extra capacity in the system. On top of that the majority of the flu patients every year are seniors and young people plus those who are immune compromised. There were articles from across the country saying hospitals were struggling with the flu and every year the issues get worse because there is less capacity in the system.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

thebestapplicant

Mar 26, 2017
Boston, MA
NOC Code......

I doubt many would.
Thanks a lot !

I guess I'll need to wait until the next year as after doing some research I found out that residents of Quebec need LICO income requirement for the past 12 months as opposed to 36 months in case of the federal system

Thanks again and hope that all of you guys are able to make it through the applications and able to get your parents to this beautiful nation !!!

Reactions: Dainik and nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks a lot !

I guess I'll need to wait until the next year as after doing some research I found out that residents of Quebec need LICO income requirement for the past 12 months as opposed to 36 months in case of the federal system

Thanks again and hope that all of you guys are able to make it through the applications and able to get your parents to this beautiful nation !!!
Since PGP2020 has not been announced yet be sure to make sure there have been no changes to the Quebec system and you still qualify under the federal system.

Reactions: Dainik

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
https://dailyhive.com/edmonton/canada-quality-life-number-one

Adding to Canada’s accolades of being named the second best country in the world, we can also now boast that our country has been named as the #1 country in the world in 2020 for Quality of Life, our fifth year in a row at the top.

Overall, Canada also ranked as the fifth best country in the world for women, third in business, and second in terms of citizenship rankings.

The study, conducted by US News & World Report in partnership with Y&R’s BAV and Wharton, broke down 80 countries’ overall rankings based “on 75 different metrics.”

Each of those metrics was then placed into one of nine subcategories that included:

• A good job market
  • Affordability
  • Economic stability
  • Family friendly
  • Income equality
  • Politically stable
  • Safety
  • Well-developed public health system
  • Well-developed public education system
Canada beat out Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Australia (in that order), rounding out the global top five ranking.

According to the study, Canada placed number one for its political stability, strong job market, safe environment, and its good education system.

Here are the 20 best countries for Quality of Life in 2020
  1. Canada
  2. Denmark
  3. Sweden
  4. Norway
  5. Australia
  6. Netherlands
  7. Switzerland
  8. New Zealand
  9. Finland
  10. Germany
  11. Austria
  12. United Kingdom
  13. Luxembourg
  14. Japan
  15. United States
  16. France
  17. Portugal
  18. Spain
  19. China
  20. Singapore

The Canadian health care system is not as bad people say it is. Congrats to Canada!
https://torontosun.com/news/national/universal-health-care-lacking-in-canada-study