+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
For the one you all know who: Without your parents, where the heck you did come from dude/gal? from the sky?
Come one man, this sub-forum is to discuss how to get your Parents/Grandparents to be with you so you can make whole family.
This is not for "economical beneficial" to the vast Canadian forum. For that, I would suggest you to join TED Talk, Shark Tank or some kind of that short stuff... Or even join Red Cross, OK man?
Now off you go, please...
Haha Haha....very true.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Point system is a way better choice and all will get a fair chance.
Time living here.
Total Tax paid.
Money parents bringing and investing here.
It's not really easy to implement point system on PGP as it's not a priority stream. Canada has not many resources (manpower) to deal with that.

Reactions: canuck78

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Let's wait and see what the new Minister is cooking. Before April he must have something.
But I don't get it. They have almost whole year to work on that New system He talked about in the Minister's Instructions. How will they figure out in 2 months when IRCC was not able to put in new system in 10 months? Will be Interesting to find out on April Fool's Day.

Silvi6

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi there,

I have one question:

Having world income instead of canadian income qualifies in PGP stream ?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi there,

I have one question:

Having world income instead of canadian income qualifies in PGP stream ?
Too early to say anything about this year's program but to answer your question, assume that everything about household income remain unchanged, the qualified household income would be the line 150 on your Canadian tax return. Anything else is not.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
See I've told you, she is tough cookies man!
LOL...
Next reply will come "PGP is not promised"... (just copy & paste)
LOL
Next argument will be "PGP do not add economic beneficial to Canadian"....
LOL
“PGP is very important for the good sound morale of the Immigrants (Citizens and PRs) who are already contributing to the Canadian Economy.”

Was replying to this comment. Many of the countries where people immigrate don’t have parent sponsorship programs yet people move there and not every person can sponsor their parents so I see no reason why PGP exists for morale of immigrants. Most immigrants move to Canada because the quality of life is better, free speech, education for their children,etc. Canada offers citizenship in 3 years so people don’t need to stay in Canada if PGP is the only thing keeping them going in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's not really easy to implement point system on PGP as it's not a priority stream. Canada has not many resources (manpower) to deal with that.
Exactly. Something simple like years as a tax resident for their children is pretty easy to collect information on and verify. Foreign investment and savings of parents would be incredibly hard to verify. People can be very selective in terms of what savings and debts they report. They need a somewhat simple program that is not subjective. Language requirement would be great but given that our current seniors don’t need pass a language test that would be challenged in court in a second. The program needs to be assessed by the same staffing levels that is currently in place.

Reactions: Kelon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Let's wait and see what the new Minister is cooking. Before April he must have something.
But I don't get it. They have almost whole year to work on that New system He talked about in the Minister's Instructions. How will they figure out in 2 months when IRCC was not able to put in new system in 10 months? Will be Interesting to find out on April Fool's Day.
No decisions were made until after the election. The fact that it is a minority government actually makes it more likely that the Liberals will raise the PGP numbers because many wanting to sponsor their parents would vote on that issue alone. Also just another reasons many blue or centrist Liberals are concerned that the Liberal government has become close to NDP Liberal versus the Chrétien/Martin years where budgets were slashed and budgets where much more of a concern.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Exactly. Something simple like years as a tax resident for their children is pretty easy to collect information on and verify. Foreign investment and savings of parents would be incredibly hard to verify. People can be very selective in terms of what savings and debts they report. They need a somewhat simple program that is not subjective. Language requirement would be great but given that our current seniors don’t need pass a language test that would be challenged in court in a second. The program needs to be assessed by the same staffing levels that is currently in place.
None of those will satisfy your concerns about parents burdening health care correct?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
None of those will satisfy your concerns about parents burdening health care correct?
Just a shot in the dark , but they probably don’t help the situation

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5271281

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-canadas-medical-wait-times-are-unacceptable/amp

https://ipolitics.ca/2019/11/28/emergency-department-wait-times-on-the-rise-in-canada-cihi-data/

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/categories/health-care-wait-times

.....but maybe , just maybe all the above news reports on medical wait times was just all fake news, if that’s the case let’s bring in more and more , hell , let’s not even have a cap , 100k applied, let’s approve all 100k
Good grief

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You work in healthcare. You know this system is beyond it’s capacity. If you don’t you should get more involved in healthcare in your area and the country. Yes seniors are a burden on the healthcare system. That is a fact. Well proven that in general you spend the most money on healthcare in the last 3 years of life. When people get old they tend to get sick. Things wear out in their bodies and they need new joints, pacemakers, etc. Canada’s ageing demographic is also a fact. Most parents arriving through PGP will never pay taxes. The financial responsibility clause was implemented because most parents claimed welfare on arrival. When it was raised to 10 years it still happened at 10 years so the federal government raised it to 20 years. I have no doubt that the parents who arrived through PGP will still claim OAS and GIC when they can. No economist would ever say this program is not a burden. The program is looked at as primarily a compassionate program. There may be slight increase of productivity for ,primarily women, if parents are able to provide some childcare and some parents are able to go back to work but that is a very small benefit to the overall economy. There is certainly a personal benefit for the families selected. Simple economics. Nothing personal. Countries do have to make decision primarily on economics plus a mixture of a whole lot of things. If bringing parents to many countries wasn’t a burden why wouldn’t all of them allow it? Yes I am concerned about the families currently waiting for a doctor, waiting for an operation or waiting for longterm care. I would like to prevent the situation from getting worse because it is looking pretty bleak if you ask anyone working in healthcare or the ministry of health.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Just a shot in the dark , but they probably don’t help the situation

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5271281

https://torontosun.com/opinion/editorials/editorial-canadas-medical-wait-times-are-unacceptable/amp

https://ipolitics.ca/2019/11/28/emergency-department-wait-times-on-the-rise-in-canada-cihi-data/

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/categories/health-care-wait-times

.....but maybe , just maybe all the above news reports on medical wait times was just all fake news, if that’s the case let’s bring in more and more , hell , let’s not even have a cap , 100k applied, let’s approve all 100k
Good grief
Love all these articles that complain only but have no information on what would be acceptable wait times.

If you cant wait 6 months for a total knee replacement then what is acceptable? 1 month? 2 months?

You can develop systems where the wait time is zero. Just pay more.

But no one wants to pay for health care either.

Honestly there is no solution to this cos any direction will have its pros and cons.

My question to Canadians is how can we improve Canada's economy across all provinces such that we can have more money to spend on services?

Taxation is not improving the economy.

No health minister in the world has been able to look good ever. It is always going go be spent too much on health care. Or wait times are too long.

Perhaps we can hire more doctors from other countries who are willing to work for less? Oh but quality will be a concern.

It is never ending. The ideal health care system is one where wait times are short. Also quality
Is excellent. Well trained doctors. And expenditure is low.

The country which has the best of these is the Singapore health care system. Which is where I came from and trained first.

Yet I will tell you that the Singaporeans complain like crazy and hate the system.

Reactions: parvisingh

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You work in healthcare. You know this system is beyond it’s capacity. If you don’t you should get more involved in healthcare in your area and the country. Yes seniors are a burden on the healthcare system. That is a fact. Well proven that in general you spend the most money on healthcare in the last 3 years of life. When people get old they tend to get sick. Things wear out in their bodies and they need new joints, pacemakers, etc. Canada’s ageing demographic is also a fact. Most parents arriving through PGP will never pay taxes. The financial responsibility clause was implemented because most parents claimed welfare on arrival. When it was raised to 10 years it still happened at 10 years so the federal government raised it to 20 years. I have no doubt that the parents who arrived through PGP will still claim OAS and GIC when they can. No economist would ever say this program is not a burden. The program is looked at as primarily a compassionate program. There may be slight increase of productivity for ,primarily women, if parents are able to provide some childcare and some parents are able to go back to work but that is a very small benefit to the overall economy. There is certainly a personal benefit for the families selected. Simple economics. Nothing personal. Countries do have to make decision primarily on economics plus a mixture of a whole lot of things. If bringing parents to many countries wasn’t a burden why wouldn’t all of them allow it? Yes I am concerned about the families currently waiting for a doctor, waiting for an operation or waiting for longterm care. I would like to prevent the situation from getting worse because it is looking pretty bleak if you ask anyone working in healthcare or the ministry of health.
I totally agree with you

And I think you should just be honest and say that you do not want PGP anymore. The system cannot take it.

Why wont you say it? Just say it.

Instead you come here and help people applying to the PGP with answering their questions guiding them on how to sponsor their parents. Why? It makes no sense. Plus you never sponsored your parents.

Conundrum or hypocrisy?