+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Every system has been a mistake, depending on who you talk to. There were no lawsuits with the lottery, so it's definitely a possibility.
You might be right but if they are going the lottery route they would have announced by now.
Seems like its something different. Thats why its taking time. Maybe working on their IT servers.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
No one knows, what's the process going to be in 2020. There will be a huge change. This PGP maybe only for Parents, dependants excluded. Minimum income requirement might be raised. Etc. Etc.....These are all assumptions. So, wait till they announce on the program.
You might be right but if they are going the lottery route they would have announced by now.
Seems like its something different. Thats why its taking time. Maybe working on their IT servers.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-anything-would-be-better-critics-warn-ottawas-family-reunification/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It's quite possible that they are delaying the entire program until later in the year. There is nothing to say that the program must open in January like it has in previous years

kc2500

Oct 7, 2013
U just went to the website and it says coming soon:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/details-parents-grandparents-coming-soon.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Details of 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program coming soon
Ottawa, December 16, 2019— Family reunification is a top immigration priority for the Government of Canada. The Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) continues to be very popular, with high demand for sponsorship from Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

More information on plans for the intake process for the program in 2020 will be available soon.

We encourage all interested potential sponsors and stakeholders to stay up to date on PGP 2020 by visiting IRCC’s website and social media channels:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/details-parents-grandparents-coming-soon.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Ottawa, December 16, 2019— Family reunification is a top immigration priority for the Government of Canada. The Parents and Grandparents Program (PGP) continues to be very popular, with high demand for sponsorship from Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

More information on plans for the intake process for the program in 2020 will be available soon.

We encourage all interested potential sponsors and stakeholders to stay up to date on PGP 2020 by visiting IRCC’s website and social media channels:
Soon is relative. Could be tomorrow or could be January both are soon.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

“Soon”, to the general population is totally different to “ Soon”, in the world of the Federal Government

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Every system has been a mistake, depending on who you talk to. There were no lawsuits with the lottery, so it's definitely a possibility.
I also assume that Lotto is a safe fall-back program for PGP this year, if they have none new to say
Otherwise, last year, around November or December, IRCC had advertised the Typing race program with highly excitements....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I also assume that Lotto is a safe fall-back program for PGP this year, if they have none new to say
Otherwise, last year, around November or December, IRCC had advertised the Typing race program with highly excitements....
Lots of people did benefit from the FIFO. Most of the tech savvy applicants in urban centres likely got in.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Lots of people did benefit from the FIFO. Most of the tech savvy applicants in urban centres likely got in.
Yep, I recalled that what happened and why I am here again for my in-laws... I completed the form in few minutes (around 5 mins), hit submit and BANG, we have received enough submission!!! Cannot comment on how quickly one can type and upload passport file but man... it was a nightmare after that...

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think FIFO is fair but the implementation was very brash. Providing limited spots makes sense IF there is a barrier to occupying the spot.

Barrier can be taking processing fee upfront while the interest to sponsor form is filled, ensuring that only eligible candidates apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I think FIFO is fair but the implementation was very brash. Providing limited spots makes sense IF there is a barrier to occupying the spot.

Barrier can be taking processing fee upfront while the interest to sponsor form is filled, ensuring that only eligible candidates apply.
Not sure how that works when there are still more applicants than spots and it would still come down to applying as fast as possible.

sk2013

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure how that works when there are still more applicants than spots and it would still come down to applying as fast as possible.
That would always be there. Lottery is most unfair. I think they should increase the number of spots. they cannot accommodate everyone but there should be a weight attached to people who have been in the queue for longest period of time.

Charging fee upfront is the best deterrent I believe + determining eligibility at that time by asking for incomes of last 3 years to be populated.

AG1ez

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
That would always be there. Lottery is most unfair. I think they should increase the number of spots. they cannot accommodate everyone but there should be a weight attached to people who have been in the queue for longest period of time.

Charging fee upfront is the best deterrent I believe + determining eligibility at that time by asking for incomes of last 3 years to be populated.
In reality everyone used to complain about the backlog but that was the best thing. Because you knew at one point or another you will be processed.

Other than the backlog and accept everyone all processes will be unfair.

There a few things they could do in order to try to remove duplicates and candidates that actually don't meet the LICO or other requirements like:
-Charging upfront fee and if application for same candidate is submitted twice then charge twice and take the last spot so double penalization.
-Asking for SIN number mandatory so no screwing around with the income and LICO stuff, or if there is problem with SIN number you must submitt your last 3 years taxes at the time of application

Just my thoughts.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I agree. Have been posting for a few years that those who have worked or lived in Canada the longest should get extra weighting of their application. Think the current PGP numbers are too high given that our healthcare system is beyond capacity and millions of people already in Canada don’t have family doctors. Canada’s population is aging and that’s why Canada favour immigration of young people. If we allow most of the immigrant to bring their parents we would be undoing the attempt to balance out an ageing population. Ontario is short 30000 longterm care spots and the population of ageing people is still getting bigger not plateauing and shrinking. This is why there are numerous countries that don’t allow parents to move with access to the public health system.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
In reality everyone used to complain about the backlog but that was the best thing. Because you knew at one point or another you will be processed.
So you would be good going back to processing times of 7 to 10+ years?