+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
With oil at around $50 any oils and gas project will not generate a huge economic boom that you keep saying it will. Canada needs to diversify and invest in tech and automation. Not an fervent environmentalist but do think there needs to be a balance between the economic and climate policy. Climate change leads to huge costs as well.
The whole climate change thing with Canada has to be taken in perspective of the entire Earth.

Canada's contribution to global emissions is 1.6%

It is like saying hey there are 100 of us in this huge swimming pool. And me and my friend have decided not to pee into the pool! See? The water in the pool now is nice and clean we will drink it! Meanwhile the other 98 are peeing and pooping into the pool.

Crazy. I agree that we have to do something. But paralyzing one of your country's major industries to economic ruin doesnt make sense.

Anyway I do think Alberta will get much worse than it already is. In 10 years the oil industry will shrink by 30%.

I already have my Ontario permit to practice and will move out east if it makes good sense.

Reactions: Dainik and manie

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Immigration is a choice and parent immigration was never guaranteed. Unfortunately Canada’s immigration program is mostly done out of necessity due to an ageing population. It is purely a selfish program because it benefits Canada. Don’t have an issue with the PG program Peres but the volume of applicants does not make sense given Canada is trying to balance out it’s ageing population through immigration. The supervisa exists so parents and grandparents can spend longer periods time together. Most countries with a similar demographic picture as Canada don’t have programs where you can immigrate and sponsor your parents and get access to healthcare.
Again......is this forum the right place for your message? The right audience for change?

What are you hoping that people coming to this forum for information to help them sponsor their loved ones will take back with them?

It is like going to Catholic church services and yelling about pro-choice. Really?

Reactions: Dainik

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The whole climate change thing with Canada has to be taken in perspective of the entire Earth.

Canada's contribution to global emissions is 1.6%

It is like saying hey there are 100 of us in this huge swimming pool. And me and my friend have decided not to pee into the pool! See? The water in the pool now is nice and clean we will drink it! Meanwhile the other 98 are peeing and pooping into the pool.

Crazy. I agree that we have to do something. But paralyzing one of your country's major industries to economic ruin doesnt make sense.

Anyway I do think Alberta will get much worse than it already is. In 10 years the oil industry will shrink by 30%.

I already have my Ontario permit to practice and will move out east if it makes good sense.
Most of Canada is not actively trying to paralyze the industry.
Even our federal government bought a pipeline. A big issue that effects the viability of the oil sand projects is the actual price of oil. Projects that made sense when oil was at $110 does not make sense at half the price. Nothing Canada can do about that. As the US became a bigger oil producer the market changed as well. And yes I know Canadian oil doesn’t get close to $55. Alberta is diversifying as it should because being a primarily resource economy is tough.

Someone has to be the first one to stop constantly peeing in the pool.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Most of Canada is not actively trying to paralyze the industry.
Even our federal government bought a pipeline. A big issue that effects the viability of the oil sand projects is the actual price of oil. Projects that made sense when oil was at $110 does not make sense at half the price. Nothing Canada can do about that. As the US became a bigger oil producer the market changed as well. And yes I know Canadian oil doesn’t get close to $55. Alberta is diversifying as it should because being a primarily resource economy is tough.

Someone has to be the first one to stop constantly peeing in the pool.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.rbc.com/economics/economic-reports/pdf/canadian-fiscal/prov_fiscal.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj2v-Hnk6TmAhXDN30KHRLWDQkQFjADegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2OTkwBZxqqnBMxYQFzkYyG

Go to page 12. Compare the debt to GDP ratios of all the provinces. AB is 10.3%. BC is 14.6%. Sask is 15%. Manitoba 34.7%.Ont 39.9%! Quebec 37.8%! NB 36.7%! NS 33.4%!PEI 32.3%. N&L 39.1% and Federal 30.1%.

10.3% vs 39.9%! Enough said. If you cant beat em join em. I say we should borrow the money it will be billions. Invest in infrastructure. And incentives for tech companies and new industries. When our debt to GDP is around 30% then talk to me about cuts.

Time to just catch up to what the rest of Canada is doing debt wise. Makes no sense trying to be a hero.

Peeing in the pool is an analogy. I do have to add that of the 100 people they came in groups.

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZYcrHadoEy1opM8EA

27 of them all pee together depending on what their leader says. Same with another group of 14. Together they represent almost half of the 100.

Makes sense that only if those two leaders decide to stop then any real difference can be made. Otherwise the 2 jokers talking very loudly and drinking the water will just be laughed at as stupid.

techCan21

Dec 8, 2019
Is there any " Invite to sponsor" form available from last year?
Any advise/ tips for preparation with required info needed while submitting application.

TIA.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any " Invite to sponsor" form available from last year?
Any advise/ tips for preparation with required info needed while submitting application.

TIA.
The process is going to change because the government got sued last year saying the process was unfair. There is no point in getting last year’s EOI.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Despite good intention from the government to try to improve the process last year, some people decided to sue the government as they was not able to get in on time. This year it is expected that the process may change dramatically to avoid law suit, so we would expect the lottery to come back as it is the only way that people cannot sue.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Despite good intention from the government to try to improve the process last year, some people decided to sue the government as they was not able to get in on time. This year it is expected that the process may change dramatically to avoid law suit, so we would expect the lottery to come back as it is the only way that people cannot sue.
Possibly , another route could be eligibility determined by how long the prospective sponsors been in Canada . That would negate out a lottery , or first come first served type of scenario
So people who have been in the country the longest waiting to sponsor , would bump out people who've only recently become eligible. Weed out people who've also not met their RO when they are attempting to sponsor

Reactions: canuck78 and Dainik

YRJ

Jun 6, 2015
Hello guys, I have a question for PGP 2020.

-> I have my mother, father and brother living in India, My Father has business there any do not want to travel to Canada. Can I sponsor my Mother and brother as her dependent in PGP 2020 while my father stays back home.
If its possible what kind of documents required for Father (who is not applicant). Just wanted to check if we need to submit his documents also.

parvisingh

Nov 24, 2014
California
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-07-2017
Both mother and father have to undergo a medical examination and other things in order to be sponsored to Canada. You cannot leave one and apply for the other. In your case, all the three family members you are interested in bringing to Canada must be approved. Even if one of the members is rejected the whole file gets rejected. After your dad gets a PR he is not obliged to live in Canada and can stay back home without any issues. This will not impact the status of other people that have been admitted to Canada.

Hello guys, I have a question for PGP 2020.

-> I have my mother, father and brother living in India, My Father has business there any do not want to travel to Canada. Can I sponsor my Mother and brother as her dependent in PGP 2020 while my father stays back home.
If its possible what kind of documents required for Father (who is not applicant). Just wanted to check if we need to submit his documents also.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
The other way that people cannot sue is to no longer have the PGP program. Guaranteed there is nothing to sue anymore. LOL!

Just kidding. Hopefully they don't do that.

But I think it is likely they will revert to a Lottery system again.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
The other way that people cannot sue is to no longer have the PGP program. Guaranteed there is nothing to sue anymore. LOL!

Just kidding. Hopefully they don't do that.

But I think it is likely they will revert to a Lottery system again.
I kind of thinking about that. It is so far the "best of the worst nightmare". Guaranteed nothing is "fair" but typing race is far worst than lottery!
But they should put more stricter control in checking qualified income earners

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
I kind of thinking about that. It is so far the "best of the worst nightmare". Guaranteed nothing is "fair" but typing race is far worst than lottery!
But they should put more stricter control in checking qualified income earners
I am sure you have read my tirades against the lottery. I am just so glad my parents already have got through.

The system should be tightened up to reduce abuse in the application stage. Right now there is way too much room for people making frivolous applications.

To all those people who talk about how things should be "fair". Sorry to burst your bubble. But life is NOT fair.

It is a constant competition. If you lose, accept it and work harder to improve or try again. Some people choose to hire lawyers to fight for them too (that's not about fairness either).

They should NOT try to form a system that is "fair" because it will never please anyone in distributing a very in demand resource.

Instead form a robust competitive system that rewards those who deserve it. That way people can work their way to attain it. It gives people hope and purposeful action.

A lottery is great for games and sports. Not for being able to sponsor your parents as PR to Canada. Unless you view it as a game. (Maybe Canadians do. But not the immigrants of course)