+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Niharika_11

Mar 19, 2019
Hello Everyone,
As i missed the opportunity in 2019 by fraction of a second, going to try my luck in 2020. Usually, IRCC issues the updates in August. And we are in August. Plus its an election year too. Hopefully, there is something good to hear for everyone. Fingers crossed. Did someone else hear something different? Please share if you people know anything new. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
As i missed the opportunity in 2019 by fraction of a second, going to try my luck in 2020. Usually, IRCC issues the updates in August. And we are in August. Plus its an election year too. Hopefully, there is something good to hear for everyone. Fingers crossed. Did someone else hear something different? Please share if you people know anything new. Thanks.
CIC issued an update in August once. In two other cases they didn't post any news until November / December. There's no new out now. I suspect it will be late this year before we hear anything. Given it's an election year, even if there was an update now, it may not be relevant since everything could change with a new party in office. Yet another reason we won't really know what's happening until much later this year.

Niharika_11

Mar 19, 2019
Election years come with extravagant promises. Most never see the light of day. Best to wait until December to see what happens to PGP.
Thats true. But "if" there is new party in ruling, God knows if its minority or majority, wont it take months to change the rules and regulations for the programs already in process?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thats true. But "if" there is new party in ruling, God knows if its minority or majority, wont it take months to change the rules and regulations for the programs already in process?
No - not in the case of parent / grandparent sponsorship. This isn't something that requires a vote. The ruling party can simply implement the changes they have planned. If they need more time, they could simply delay the opening of the program by a few months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree.
They might cancel it altogether.
Didn’t say that. I have no idea. Your question was whether it will be the same as this year. With so many complaints it is unlikely to be the same as this year. How they will change it is unknown. In general if the conservatives win their are higher chances that the number of parents able to be sponsored will be much lower.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Didn’t say that. I have no idea. Your question was whether it will be the same as this year. With so many complaints it is unlikely to be the same as this year. How they will change it is unknown. In general if the conservatives win their are higher chances that the number of parents able to be sponsored will be much lower.
There are pretty good chances that the program will be same. IRCC didnt gave a damn when prople complained about lottery.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are pretty good chances that the program will be same. IRCC didnt gave a damn when prople complained about lottery.
They actually do listen - it's a matter of "be careful what you wish for". The whole reason it became a lottery in the first place is because people complained so much about the first in first out (FIFO) process that was originally in place for a few years. There was actually a massive petition launched from this forum asking IRCC to switch from FIFO to lottery.

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
They actually do listen - it's a matter of "be careful what you wish for". The whole reason it became a lottery in the first place is because people complained so much about the first in first out (FIFO) process that was originally in place for a few years. There was actually a massive petition launched from this forum asking IRCC to switch from FIFO to lottery.
I am not going to argue but there is NO WAY they are going back to Lottery.
Majority of the people here will agree with me.
Such petitions like you said are being filed every single day, results in Nothing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not going to argue but there is NO WAY they are going back to Lottery.
Majority of the people here will agree with me.
Such petitions like you said are being filed every single day, results in Nothing.
Petitions filed every single day are usless and the vast majority are poorly written which means they will never be backed. If you want change, what you need is one very large, very well organized, and very well written petition that then receives the backing of an MP (ideally several MPs or even a party).

While the lottery system may not have been great - it was actually better than the FIFO courier process which came before it. It was a far bigger disaster than the lottery on a number of fronts. I think they might go back to a lottery one day if they are able to organize it more effectively - they will absolutely never go back to the FIFO courier process.

Reactions: Dainik

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There was an actual lawsuit that they settled and likely more after it became public that the people who filed a lawsuit were allowed to sponsor their parents.

My guess is that weight will be put on time in Canada or some version of that.

Reactions: Dainik

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
There was an actual lawsuit that they settled and likely more after it became public that the people who filed a lawsuit were allowed to sponsor their parents.

My guess is that weight will be put on time in Canada or some version of that.
They were allowed to sponsor??
Eventhough they failed to receive Confirmation on 28 Jan?
All rumours.

Reactions: Riad1477 and vermas