+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
How to submit passport at Chandigarh Visa office? is walk in available?
By Visa office you mean VFS? and I assume this is for PR passport request. Well in that case I don't think VFS is allowing walking at the moment. You need to schedule a pickup via VFS ( mostly bluedart courier will pickup on behalf).

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hello Everyone, Need ur help. I am awaiting next step after submitting all required document on 27th Dec2021 but it seems IRCC will take their own sweet time. My parents will be travelling to US on 17th May. In case if they don’t get any reply for PR application while their stay in US and since they have visa for Canada as well. My question can they plan trip as India- US-Canada- India or do they have to go back to US as they are travelling on visitor visa ( some people told me that they have to go back to US). Pls help.
Until and unless your PR is approved and stamped to your passport I don't think there is any restrictions on where you can travel including Canada. But as you applied PR from India so on passport request they are supposed to submit passport at India VFS. That can be changed to US/Canada address by raising a web form but that can delay the application even further( and is not advisable).
IF your parents are already in Canada on tourist visa they can try for virtual landing. They don't have to go anywhere. But this process takes time. ( Some people are telling that they have to go back to US as virtual landing option was not available earlier. So anyone already present in Canada had to exit and come back. so anyone with US visa used to go US and come back, as that was the easiest option. But that is not required anymore.

And if you have your PR visa stamped to your passport you can land in Canada from any route or country. It does not matter.

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi @SAKARUN ,
As you mentioned your mother is in Canada already , so did you informed or updated the address to CIC. In case they asked for Passport stamping then it should go to Ottawa for next step
Hi @sudeeppanshikar,
Yes we informed the IRCC (via Webform) and the local VISA office in Sri Lanka (via Email) about her arrival in Canada as a visitor. The address in her client login (ECAS) was updated to the Canadian address.
We submitted all requested documents on 18 Jan 2022 and still waiting to hear from them about the next steps.

Last edited:

NK_HS

Apr 5, 2022
Dear Friends,
Need urgent help. My parents got the Passport submission request for Visa to nearest Visa Office. They opted for VFS lounge services (which I believe is a scam) they charged Rs 6600 and now asking for more- but not sure how much time they will take to pick n drop the passports. My parents have non refundable tickets booked for US for 17th May.
They personally visited visa center yesterday to submit the passports but there is no one there to attend.
Is there any way to contact them and request them for personal drop and pickup or request them to speed up the process... Please help.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Dear Friends,
Need urgent help. My parents got the Passport submission request for Visa to nearest Visa Office. They opted for VFS lounge services (which I believe is a scam) they charged Rs 6600 and now asking for more- but not sure how much time they will take to pick n drop the passports. My parents have non refundable tickets booked for US for 17th May.
They personally visited visa center yesterday to submit the passports but there is no one there to attend.
Is there any way to contact them and request them for personal drop and pickup or request them to speed up the process... Please help.
yes Lounge service is Scam. That just include postage charge but not the VFS processing fees. So better book again two way courier service via VFS only(bluedart courier will do the pickup). In metro cities the pickup happens in 2-3 days. But the stamping process itself takes 3-4 weeks. So even if you book today and you passport is picked up the processing will start earliest by 2nd May (Monday). So you expect to get the stamped passport back by 23rd May (Earliest).
Note: This timeline is based on my experience. may vary in your case. Regarding your US travel I will suggest you to look for alternative like sending a webform to change address to USA from INDIA, but that may delay the stamping process or even jeopardies it, IRCC is not so responsive. Or somehow send passport back to India after travel to US, then submit in VFS India and then return that back to USA. but that process takes time and you have just 1 month to submit for stamping.

Last edited:

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
My parents received PPR today
Application received - Feb 8

Documents requested in Sep 2021

Application linked- Sept 20

In process- Oct 6

Document request- Oct 8

Decision made - Dec 8

Medical request-Dec 8

SA letter Dec-14

medical passed-Jan 05

Jan 29-BG decform requested-Submitted on Jan 31

Started processing of app April 07th, 2022

DM & Pre arrival letter2022-04-22

PPR - April 26th,2022

Citizen44

Dec 18, 2021
My parents received PPR today
Application received - Feb 8

Documents requested in Sep 2021

Application linked- Sept 20

In process- Oct 6

Document request- Oct 8

Decision made - Dec 8

Medical request-Dec 8

SA letter Dec-14

medical passed-Jan 05

Jan 29-BG decform requested-Submitted on Jan 31

Started processing of app April 07th, 2022

DM & Pre arrival letter2022-04-22

PPR - April 26th,2022
Congratulations! my parents have almost the same timeline but no updates since medical passed in February. :(

zee1234

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
My parents application was updated in December 2021. Decision made and was approved. London Visa Office. Since then there has been no update at all. Anyone else in the same boat. I am thinking of calling IRCC but thought I’d check here to see if this is normal.

Reactions: SAKARUN

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Hi All

Need your help! My parents PR application is stuck as they have sent Procedural Fairness Letter due to Critical Kidney Disease which might require Dialysis in next 5-10 years and will be a burden on Canadian Health System. Has anyone else as well got it? Any idea how to respond to it and ensure that PR application is not rejected.

bsingh14

Jan 19, 2021
Hi All

Need your help! My parents PR application is stuck as they have sent Procedural Fairness Letter due to Critical Kidney Disease which might require Dialysis in next 5-10 years and will be a burden on Canadian Health System. Has anyone else as well got it? Any idea how to respond to it and ensure that PR application is not rejected.
Hi there

In this case, you need to get a lawyer which would clearly define a plan on how this disease would be managed. Do not do it yourself as they might deny it.
here is the link below on this forum that this person went through and she was able to get her parents immigrated after recieving procedural fairness letter.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fairness-letter-for-medical-parents-visitor-extension.574027/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/procedural-fairness-letter-medical-grounds-need-advice-for-lawyers.577848/page-3#post-8264310

ankit1703

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Gurgaon
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
N.A. for NDVO
IELTS Request
Submitted with the file
File Transfer...
18-08-2014
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
15-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting for Dream Come true
Hi there

In this case, you need to get a lawyer which would clearly define a plan on how this disease would be managed. Do not do it yourself as they might deny it.
here is the link below on this forum that this person went through and she was able to get her parents immigrated after recieving procedural fairness letter.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fairness-letter-for-medical-parents-visitor-extension.574027/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/procedural-fairness-letter-medical-grounds-need-advice-for-lawyers.577848/page-3#post-8264310
Thanks a lot

NK_HS

Apr 5, 2022
yes Lounge service is Scam. That just include postage charge but not the VFS processing fees. So better book again two way courier service via VFS only(bluedart courier will do the pickup). In metro cities the pickup happens in 2-3 days. But the stamping process itself takes 3-4 weeks. So even if you book today and you passport is picked up the processing will start earliest by 2nd May (Monday). So you expect to get the stamped passport back by 23rd May (Earliest).
Note: This timeline is based on my experience. may vary in your case. Regarding your US travel I will suggest you to look for alternative like sending a webform to change address to USA from INDIA, but that may delay the stamping process or even jeopardies it, IRCC is not so responsive. Or somehow send passport back to India after travel to US, then submit in VFS India and then return that back to USA. but that process takes time and you have just 1 month to submit for stamping.
Thanks dear for clarification. We have now booked 2way airway services but there is one confusion - As per IRCC letter - there should be one packet with all the passport/photos etc however the instructions we got from VFS is make 2 separate package (one for each applicant - Mom & Dad)..Can you help here as you have already done this.
One more question what is Visa Transmission letter- Is that the letter we got from IRCC?

Last edited:
Reactions: sharadsinha

NK_HS

Apr 5, 2022
We have now booked 2way airway services but there is one confusion - As per IRCC letter - there should be one packet with all the passport/photos etc however the instructions we got from VFS is make 2 separate package (one for each applicant - Mom & Dad)..Can you help here as you have already done this.
One more question what is Visa Transmission letter- Is that the letter we got from IRCC?

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
hi everyone..i was hoping to get some input on this. i got selected to sponsor my parents in dec 2020. on march 6th 2021 i sent their application. november 10th got aor email from ircc which said i am approved to be a sponsor and asked the following documents.
Updated residential address, Immigration Medical Examination ( my parents got their med instruction on nov 18th), Right of Permanent Residence Fee, Passport/Travel Document, Proof of Relationship (Sponsor and Principal Applicant), Proof of Relationship (Principal Applicant and Dependant Spouse or Common-law Partner, Biometrics (if applicable), Police Certificate, Supplementary Information – Your Travels (IMM 5562), Details of Military Service – IMM 5546 (if applicable),
CV/Resume

out of all these only medical and police clearence was left to do and rest i have already sent with the main application. am i to send eveything again electronically? i sent my parents pcc on nov 23rd, 2022 as per instruction on the email mentioned above and got an automatic reply. they dont need biometrics which also mentioned in their online account. it has been total silence after that. my parents did their medical and as per online account it shows medical passed december 6th, 2021. thats the last update. so i am wondering if i should have send all the documents listed in the email even though hard copy was sent to ircc with main application. any input much appreciated. thank you and good luck to us all

MuzafferQA

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Congratulations! my parents have almost the same timeline but no updates since medical passed in February. :(
hi. how were you notified of passing medicals ?
i cant get gcc key working and hoping they inform via email. my parents did their medical yesterday