+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hello,

Today i received a letter on my cic account mentioning: "
If not yet paid, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and your accompanying spouse (if applicable). We strongly encourage you to pay your fees online and provide a copy of the receipt".

I am not sure which fee is this? When i submitted my applicatioin in Feb 2020, alongwith that I submitted CAD$2,270 fee receipt for both my parents.
Can any senior member break it up and advise me if I already submitted RPRF fee or not. If not, how much I need to submit now for each parent.

Thanks in advance.
Hey there! I have paid $2270 as well and here’s the breakdown:

$75 - Sponsor Processing Fee

$475 - Primary Applicant Processing Fee
$500 - Primary Applicant RPR Fee

$550 - Spouse Processing Fee
$500 - Spouse RPR Fee

$170 - Biometric Fee for two people

So yes, you have most likely included the RPRF along with your application.

You can find the Fee List here:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

Last edited:
Reactions: KAUSHAL321

Patb72

Oct 9, 2020
I am waiting for the passport request of my parents. Acknowledgment received in March 2021.
- Requested Biometric Done on October
- Requested Medical Done on End of November
- Requested Police Clearance Submitted in December.

Now only left the passport request. Hopefully soon. I had submitted all the required and the landing fee with the application.

taran087

Jun 25, 2016
Reposting

Hello everyone!
I received an email request for pcc, biometric(for my parents) and relationship proofs to sponsor. I have two questions
#1. My parents got their biometric done recently in Nov/2021 for visitor visa application and I see that same biometric information was updated with expiry and all in Gckey account on right side box under applicant info. I still not sure why they are asking for biometrics.
Do I just inform them about it or do i need to get my parents redo biometric.
#2. Do I need to submit both voter ID and adhar card as proof of relationship or do I have choice?
I am asking because their voter id’s have incorrect info including my (DOB ERROR)
Please let me know if you had similar situation and what do I do.
Thank you

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Reposting

Hello everyone!
I received an email request for pcc, biometric(for my parents) and relationship proofs to sponsor. I have two questions
#1. My parents got their biometric done recently in Nov/2021 for visitor visa application and I see that same biometric information was updated with expiry and all in Gckey account on right side box under applicant info. I still not sure why they are asking for biometrics.
Do I just inform them about it or do i need to get my parents redo biometric.
#2. Do I need to submit both voter ID and adhar card as proof of relationship or do I have choice?
I am asking because their voter id’s have incorrect info including my (DOB ERROR)
Please let me know if you had similar situation and what do I do.
Thank you
1. I’m not sure.
2. I’m sure you can provide Indian passport and/or your Birth Certificate as these documents have proof of relationship between you (sponsor) and your parents.

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
anyone in the same boat? PGP 2020 application received Feb 10, 2021, AOR September 3, 2021, no update since then, eligibility even not started (ECAS Status Sponsor Still Application received and Applicant Still Application received), No any message or update even in GC key account.

sharadsinha

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
I am waiting for the passport request of my parents. Acknowledgment received in March 2021.
- Requested Biometric Done on October
- Requested Medical Done on End of November
- Requested Police Clearance Submitted in December.

Now only left the passport request. Hopefully soon. I had submitted all the required and the landing fee with the application.
I am in the same boat with similar timelines. Next step should be an email where you will be informed that the file as been moved to the native country of the sponsored person. Then background check will be performed and later passport request.

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
I am in the same boat with similar timelines. Next step should be an email where you will be informed that the file as been moved to the native country of the sponsored person. Then background check will be performed and later passport request.
Not all files are transferred to native country. Some are processed in Mississauga itself.

Reactions: sharadsinha
Nov 12, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Just got to know about this thread and felt like sharing my parents' application timeline so far:

Application Received: Feb 1, 2021
Sponsor processing started: Aug 9, 2021
Additional Document Request: Dec 15, 2021 (CRA related)
Documents Submitted: Dec 15, 2021
Biometric Instruction Letter: Jan 10, 2022 (for my mother, already done for father)
Sponsorship Application Decision Made (checked Jan 11, 2022)

I'm assuming we shall receive the PCC request next.

Two Questions:

1. My parents are currently here in Canada on a visitor's visa. Do we need any instruction letter from IRCC to apply for PCC at BLS Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver?

2. Is there a WhatsApp group for PGP 2020 Sponsorship Applicants? If yes, can someone add me (780.600.4040)?

karachi_boyz

Dec 7, 2021
Hi Everyone,
Just got to know about this thread and felt like sharing my parents' application timeline so far:

Application Received: Feb 1, 2021
Sponsor processing started: Aug 9, 2021
Additional Document Request: Dec 15, 2021 (CRA related)
Documents Submitted: Dec 15, 2021
Biometric Instruction Letter: Jan 10, 2022 (for my mother, already done for father)
Sponsorship Application Decision Made (checked Jan 11, 2022)

I'm assuming we shall receive the PCC request next.

Two Questions:

1. My parents are currently here in Canada on a visitor's visa. Do we need any instruction letter from IRCC to apply for PCC at BLS Calgary/Edmonton/Vancouver?

2. Is there a WhatsApp group for PGP 2020 Sponsorship Applicants? If yes, can someone add me (780.600.4040)?
You can access that WhatsApp group (https://chat.whatsapp.com/E4D6MKMpZ2pCHvVUp3GGhX)

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017

Patb72

Oct 9, 2020
I think the file has already been moved to Native country. When the file is moved to Native Country, then they ask for to do the medical and request Police Clearance. Not before that if you are sponsoring your parents from Overseas.

Reactions: sharadsinha

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
anyone in the same boat? PGP 2020 application received Feb 10, 2021, AOR September 3, 2021, no update since then, eligibility even not started (ECAS Status Sponsor Still Application received and Applicant Still Application received), No any message or update even in GC key account.
Hi, almost similar situation
Application received march 08
AOR sep 01
Biometric updated as already done for visitor visa
sponsorship in process since Oct 26
No update after that

Last edited:

MuzafferQA

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2013
Doc's Request.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2014
Med's Done....
22-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1:05-06-2014, PPR2:17-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2014
LANDED..........
23-05-2015
Hi everyone.
Sorry for posting this here but its kinda urgent .
I have received a email from cic asking to submit parents CV along with the instruction to send them to specific email address.which i did.
The thing is , my application status in portsl now says returned.
do i also need to resubmit my application from portal as well?