+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
Has anyone been asked for a furtherance test (i.e. complete xray for the next 3 months)? Will it really hamper my mother's timeline? She was asked to do some further tests. Also, how would we know if the PCC has been approved by IRCC? Does it provide any notification? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

popjess

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
Has anyone been asked for a furtherance test (i.e. complete xray for the next 3 months)? Will it really hamper my mother's timeline? She was asked to do some further tests. Also, how would we know if the PCC has been approved by IRCC? Does it provide any notification? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
It does, but don't worry, it is just another three months.

beximco

Apr 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore,Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
August 13, 2013
Should we Contact IRCC or just wait for an update.
I dont think contacting with IRCC will help anything, from the timeline its evident that they are processing file as per received date and visa office.

krishvivi

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
22-02-2021
Hello all, I just noticed in my SA letter that Local office is Mississauga but my parents live in India. Biometrics and medical request has Indian address and even online status shows indian address. please advise

EJ16

Sep 1, 2021
CIC keeps sending me to complete IMM5406E.pdf form for my Mother's application. is it only the principal applicant that fills this form or every member of the family?. what happens if my mothers does not know the dates of birth of are mother and father? cic is saying we should not use "not Applicable"

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
CIC keeps sending me to complete IMM5406E.pdf form for my Mother's application. is it only the principal applicant that fills this form or every member of the family?. what happens if my mothers does not know the dates of birth of are mother and father? cic is saying we should not use "not Applicable"
Everyone (above 18) that's included in the application needs to fill their own IMM 5406E form.
That means all family memebers included in the form. Which means: primary applicant + spouse/common law partner + dependent children (under 22 and single).
I don't know what you refer to as "member of the the family".

If you do not know actual dates, put the closes years and month and put 01 for date and write a letter to explain the dates are not known.
Those information are not N/A (means not applicable). They are applicable but not known.

EJ16

Sep 1, 2021
Everyone (above 18) that's included in the application needs to fill their own IMM 5406E form.
That means all family memebers included in the form. Which means: primary applicant + spouse/common law partner + dependent children (under 22 and single).
I don't know what you refer to as "member of the the family".

If you do not know actual dates, put the closes years and month and put 01 for date and write a letter to explain the dates are not known.
Those information are not N/A (means not applicable). They are applicable but not known.
Thanks for this reply. my mother and younger brother (dependent of my mother) is the people included in this application. Does my sister's have to fill theirs and do i also have to fill one also?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for this reply. my mother and younger brother (dependent of my mother) is the people included in this application. Does my sister's have to fill theirs and do i also have to fill one also?
Is your younger brother 18 or over? If so, he needs to fill his IMM 5406E

Why does you sister need to fill one? Why do you need to fill one?
Are you two part of the application? (dependent of your mom)

Did you see IRCC's definition of family member?

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#f
Family membersAn applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

And below (search for family member)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/terms-definitions-related-permanent-residence.html#f

Once you are not a dependent, you are not see as a family member under IRCC.

Last edited:

EJ16

Sep 1, 2021
Is your younger brother 18 or over? If so, he needs to fill his IMM 5406E

Why does you sister need to fill one? Why do you need to fill one?
Are you two part of the application? (dependent of your mom)

Did you see IRCC's definition of family member?

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship/helpcentre/glossary.html#f
Family membersAn applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

And below (search for family member)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/terms-definitions-related-permanent-residence.html#f

Once you are not a dependent, you are not see as a family member under IRCC.
Thank you, i appreciate your reply

Elza

Apr 1, 2014
Similar for me.
Application received: March 08
AOR: September 1
No update since then.
And me.
Application received: March 05
ECAS status shows application received
No update since then, and no success with trying to link the application online.

Elza

Apr 1, 2014
Same for me
App received: Mar 8th
AOR: Sep 01
No update after that. ECAS status shows application received
And me.
Application received: March 05
ECAS status shows application received
No update since then, and no success with trying to link the application online.

MapleLeafCan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 2014
Med's Request
march 2015
Med's Done....
march 2015
Passport Req..
february 2016
LANDED..........
28 february 2016
Hello Folks,
Need your input here.
I received request to submit additional documents today. IRCC asked me to submit "proof of relationship/marriage certificate" for principal applicant. I already submitted this before but I doubt that due to minor discrepancy in my father's name could create problem further.
My father's name according to passport is "xxxxkumar" and on marriage certificate "xxxxbhai". However, this is common in India. Should I include an explanation letter or affidavit for this? Please advise. @scylla @YVR123 and other folks.
I am feb2020 pgp applicant.
Thanks.

Last edited:

jadeja

Oct 6, 2011
Hello Folks,
Need your input here.
I received request to submit additional documents today. IRCC asked me to submit "proof of relationship/marriage certificate" for principal applicant. I already submitted this before but I doubt that due to minor discrepancy in my father's name could create problem further.
My father's name according to passport is "xxxxkumar" and on marriage certificate "xxxxbhai". However, this is common in India. Should I include an explanation letter or affidavit for this? Please advise. @scylla @YVR123 and other folks.
Thanks.
what’s your visa office?
You can provide additional supporting documents like Adhaar Card and Voter ID to support relationship.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Folks,
Need your input here.
Thanks.
You cannot just submit documents with different names without explaination. Do as the other memeber suggested. And write an explination letter.
You need to show that both names are your father's. BTW did you put both name in his IMM 0008? I think it asked for all names used.

MapleLeafCan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 2014
Med's Request
march 2015
Med's Done....
march 2015
Passport Req..
february 2016
LANDED..........
28 february 2016
You cannot just submit documents with different names without explaination. Do as the other memeber suggested. And write an explination letter.
You need to show that both names are your father's. BTW did you put both name in his IMM 0008? I think it asked for all names used.
No I put only one name which is on the passport. Should I notarize an explanation letter or it's fine?