+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Hi Guys, My parents are currently living with me in Canada from the last 4 months and they are planning to continue their visit for atleast 1 year more as they are on supervisa. In IMM0008 form what would be their residential address?
Not sure what needs to be done but I would have given Indian address as residential address. Technically parents are on a temp visit (even though it is 2 years) and in my opinion permanent residential address will still be Indian address. Their mailing address will be Canadian Address.

shibdutta

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hello everyone.

I am trying to fill the forms for my mother in Law, got few question on the forms. my brother in law is not accompanying her as he is in job.

- is he considered as dependent ?
- ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS form imm0008depenu.pdf. do we need this form?
- how to send the photos. do they need to send physically or soft copy will work.

thanks
Shiv

Suruchi

Star Member
May 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th March 2010
Doc's Request.
7th May 2010
AOR Received.
14th June 2010
IELTS Request
7th May 2010
File Transfer...
11th May 2010
Med's Request
8th Nov 2012 remed 3rd June 2014
Med's Done....
11th Dec 2012 remed 4th July 2014
Passport Req..
8th Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2014
LANDED..........
March 2015
Hello everyone.

I am trying to fill the forms for my mother in Law, got few question on the forms. my brother in law is not accompanying her as he is in job.

- how to send the photos. do they need to send physically or soft copy will work.

thanks
Shiv
Here is the definition of dependent - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/age-limit-requirements-dependent-children.html ---> Check if he qualifies.

Additional dependents form is if the applicant has more than 5 dependents.. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Photo has to be hard copy with following details on the back of at least one photo

The back of one (1) photo must:
  • bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio;
  • bear the date the photo was taken;
  • The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are not accepted.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone.

thanks
Shiv
If he is under 22 and single, you need to include him as dependant.
We sent actual photos. How do you send "soft copy" will paper based application??

btw read the application guide. Do not guess what the form is for by the name of it. (i.e. ADDITIONAL DEPENDANTS form)

Reactions: Suruchi

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Hello,

Can any one provide directions /guidance on below:
  1. Form 5406E (Additional Family Information): My mother cannot sign as this form must be completed on their own. Whether thumb impression will do?. She has thumb impression on the passport.
  2. Passport : Guide 5772 states that copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages. The validity of current passports of my parents is from Aug 2015 to Aug 2025. No travel history in the current passport. Travel history (10 years back since today) exists in expired passport. The question is whether copies of all pages of expired passport to be included in addition to all pages of current passport?
Thanks
1. Sign, even if a simple one works.
2. All pages, doesn't matter if all pages inside your passport are empty.

Corky1225

Jan 22, 2021
Hi!

Just want to ask which courier did you use to send the application package? as the ups and fedex can't deliver to po boxes

kparents

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
I am typing in the date and signatures will be hand written.
Thanks. I did that as well and had to use $138 to send the forms with DHL outside country and now I see this part of the guide below that scares me. I am hoping I don't have to resend the forms again.

Signatures
In this section, the sponsor must sign and date the application form with a handwritten signature or it will be returned.

The spouse or common-law partner (if co-signing) must also sign and date the application with a handwritten signature or it will be returned.

The sponsored person (principal applicant) must also sign and date the application with a handwritten signature or it will be returned.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks. I did that as well and had to use $138 to send the forms with DHL outside country and now I see this part of the guide below that scares me. I am hoping I don't have to resend the forms again.

Signatures
In this section, the sponsor must sign and date the application form with a handwritten signature or it will be returned.

The spouse or common-law partner (if co-signing) must also sign and date the application with a handwritten signature or it will be returned.

The sponsored person (principal applicant) must also sign and date the application with a handwritten signature or it will be returned.
What is the scary part? All signatures need to be handwritten signature.