+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PG Certification Courses in Canada

nesh985050

Sep 21, 2014
Hello All,

I am looking for 1 yr PG diploma course in Canada.I have completed my BE and has almost 3+ yrs of IT experience.I am mainly interested in technical fields so I have applied for Database application Developer in Senecca College.Can you first tell me,is 1 yrs certification course are good to get a job in canada?My main intention is to get the job in Canada.Also if its good then can you tell me any other college where such 1 yrs IT related courses are available?

Please reply me as early as possible, I am very confused :(.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nesh985050 said:
Hello All,

I am looking for 1 yr PG diploma course in Canada.I have completed my BE and has almost 3+ yrs of IT experience.I am mainly interested in technical fields so I have applied for Database application Developer in Senecca College.Can you first tell me,is 1 yrs certification course are good to get a job in canada?My main intention is to get the job in Canada.Also if its good then can you tell me any other college where such 1 yrs IT related courses are available?

Please reply me as early as possible, I am very confused :(.
Hello,

These are the list of PG courses in Canada.

http://www.studyandsettle.com/programdetailscanada.html

rajat_RB

Aug 26, 2014
Same confusion I have.

I met a rep from George Brown College and asked him about it and he said that the these certificate/diploma courses are good enough.

However even I still have doubts, I do remember he mentioned something about a key performance index that every college submits to the govt of Canada for each course and can be found on the college's website, you can check that for the courses you are interested in.

P.S. Can somebody who has already done a 1 year course or some other senior member please shed some more light on this issue, it will help alot

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajat_RB said:
Same confusion I have.

I met a rep from George Brown College and asked him about it and he said that the these certificate/diploma courses are good enough.

However even I still have doubts, I do remember he mentioned something about a key performance index that every college submits to the govt of Canada for each course and can be found on the college's website, you can check that for the courses you are interested in.

P.S. Can somebody who has already done a 1 year course or some other senior member please shed some more light on this issue, it will help alot
It depends on which course you are doing and province too.

nesh985050

Sep 21, 2014
Thanks a lot for such an quick reply!!!

Please someone who has already done such courses can tell me,is it helpful in getting jobs over there?
I found only 2 IT related technical courses.
1.Database application developer(Senecca college)
2.Enterprise Software Development (Humber College).

Can you please tell me is there any other courses available?I am not financially strong thats why I am choosing 1 yr diploma course,please tell me if is there any other option to get job over there?

Thank you in advance.

Slacker89

Sep 12, 2014
I am in the same fix as nesh985050, I have 3 years of exp. in IT/Telecom, can anyone pls suggest which college to be choose either George brown(toronto) or sprott shaw degree college(vancouver)

karanraja

Jul 15, 2014
Hi...I have completed a 9 month pg diploma course in BC.
Please understand your course needs to be 8 months + to get 1 year PGWP.
I would suggest you take a 2 year course so you get 2 year PGWP and then apply under CEC after 1 year of experience.
There will be many courses but make sure to check the provinces PNP website to find if the course is recognised by the government.
Though my course was from UBC, it wasnt accredited by the government, until after I completed my course and was able to get a work permit.
Please plan everything, choose course and college depending on all of these factors.
goood luck